Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 07:19 AM   #41
Dolencd

Dolencd is a jewel in the roughDolencd is a jewel in the roughDolencd is a jewel in the roughDolencd is a jewel in the roughDolencd is a jewel in the rough

Man the look ond Barns' face. He was really sad to leave. Luka was completely bummed after the game, and so was Rick. It shows what a good dude Barnes is. A real gentleman on and off the court.
But yeah. On the long run it's better he left. He might really shine in Sacramento. Hope he does.
I think Luka might be a bit hard on himself because of all these trades happening around him, and also because of him. Though not by his fault.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 07:31 AM   #42
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Barnes signed with a trash team when everyone took a poop on Cuban's face.
He signed with the "trash team" because said trash team ridiculously overpaid for him. You act as if he did us some kind of favor.

Quote:
Sure he was paid but he worked hard and was very professional at all times on and off the court. Let the man finish out his contract.
Working hard and being professional is literally the bare minimum of what is expected of athletes. I don't understand this idea that the Mavs organization somehow obligated to keep him, or that they somehow did him wrong by trading him.

Quote:
On top of that we've already seen what dry powder does. We aren't getting Durant. I don't see a player that we get that is appreciably better than Barnes for the money we freed up. Yes there are better players available. Doesn't mean they are coming to Dallas.
I think Dallas fans and team front office have become unrealistic.
Nothing about this situation is even remotely comparable to "plan powder." The Mavs are not coming off of a championship, and our franchise player is 19 years old, not in his mid-30s. Also, for the first time since 2004, the Mavs have more than one all-star caliber player.

Also, to say "there are better players available" is quite an understatement. There are literally dozens of players around the league who could benefit this team more than Barnes does for a much more reasonable price. I don't think anyone here expects Kevin Durant. I don't think the MBT are expecting to land a superstar this summer- although they'll certainly try. I expect we'll land one or two middle tier FAs as complimentary pieces to build around Luka and KP.

Quote:
Basketball is not NBA 2k. Every player has their flaws. Barnes was not the problem here.
Barnes absolutely was part of the problem. He's an inefficient volume scorer who can't pass. He is, in every sense of the word, a ball-stopper. Considering the bad contracts the Mavs had to take on in the KP trade, clearing salary is an absolute necessity. This was a no brainer.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-07-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #43
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont expect us to replace Barnes with one of the stars in FA. I also expect us to overpay slighty for a 2nd tier guy.

but IF YOU OVERPAY then you overpay for a great fit. Barnes was overpaid and not a good fit and that you cant have if you want to create a contender
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #44
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to all

I will actually really miss him.
He seems like a real nice, intelligent and thoughtful human being.
Not a common combination in pro sports (or anywhere.)
Old 02-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
He signed with the "trash team" because said trash team ridiculously overpaid for him. You act as if he did us some kind of favor.

Working hard and being professional is literally the bare minimum of what is expected of athletes. I don't understand this idea that the Mavs organization somehow obligated to keep him, or that they somehow did him wrong by trading him.

Nothing about this situation is even remotely comparable to "plan powder." The Mavs are not coming off of a championship, and our franchise player is 19 years old, not in his mid-30s. Also, for the first time since 2004, the Mavs have more than one all-star caliber player.

Also, to say "there are better players available" is quite an understatement. There are literally dozens of players around the league who could benefit this team more than Barnes does for a much more reasonable price. I don't think anyone here expects Kevin Durant. I don't think the MBT are expecting to land a superstar this summer- although they'll certainly try. I expect we'll land one or two middle tier FAs as complimentary pieces to build around Luka and KP.

Barnes absolutely was part of the problem. He's an inefficient volume scorer who can't pass. He is, in every sense of the word, a ball-stopper. Considering the bad contracts the Mavs had to take on in the KP trade, clearing salary is an absolute necessity. This was a no brainer.
Excellent post.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
I will actually really miss him.
He seems like a real nice, intelligent and thoughtful human being.
Not a common combination in pro sports (or anywhere.)
I agree. I will miss him as a person..I will miss his professionalism. I won't miss his game on the court at all.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He was a better fit as our #1 scorer, but like DSJ, he no longer fit our team once Luka came along.
And if he's your #1 scorer, your team is not going to be very good.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongtouch View Post
The way things have turned out it definitely reflects bad on the organization. Whoever leaked this before the end of the game whether intentional or not has embassied HB in front of a televised game.

I know Iím in the minorityís in saying this but Iím actually not that convinced it is even a good trade despite flaws in his game because there are other facets involved including team chemistry or the human side of things. I thought the trade that got rid of DSJ DJ and Wes was necessary but this one was really a salary dump. Whatís done is done so I just wish the best for HB and hope he plays well for the Kings and hope Justin Jackson turn out to be decent.
What about it reflects bad on the organization?
Old 02-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

THIS... All of THIS.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #50
turin
Golden Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Agree 100%
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #51
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 will become famous soon enoughSimon2 will become famous soon enough

From a basketball standpoint, why couldnít they use HB as a low post threat? He always scored when we was down low. Luka and Por could be outside while HB became a lowpost threat. Thatís how he could have fit in the Luka/Por era.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
From a basketball standpoint, why couldnít they use HB as a low post threat? He always scored when we was down low. Luka and Por could be outside while HB became a lowpost threat. Thatís how he could have fit in the Luka/Por era.
The ball went to him and never came out..he didn't distribute..He was inefficient. You have to decide how to spend your resources. He simply wasn't a good use of $25 million. You can spend it in a much better way.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
From a basketball standpoint, why couldn’t they use HB as a low post threat? He always scored when we was down low. Luka and Por could be outside while HB became a lowpost threat. That’s how he could have fit in the Luka/Por era.
He was too small. His slight frame and lack of post skills meant he couldn't post and his eFG% inside wasn't remarkable on the drive despite being very efficient at getting inside.

The biggest thing is that he would "stick" the ball. In a flow offense with players as efficient as Doncic, that is a cardinal sin. It works for some ISO offenses, but in a flow offense, that is the biggest sin you can commit. If it went from Doncic to Barnes, it would never come back to Doncic or even another player. He was just a poor fit for us.

I love him as a person. Total pro. I love that he was willing to become a slasher for us. I love that his 3pt shot was developing, but our offense requires players who can keep the ball moving and he was simply unable to do that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-07-2019 at 11:00 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #54
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Much respect to Mr. Barnes and hope that his game takes off with the Kings while he gains even more fans there. Nothing was wrong on any side (except for the stupid fans at the game) and this was hard for all involved. He got a max contract when the team needed a quality guy and he was it. He helped get us through a rough patch and now we have a young, exciting direction.

Again, here's to hoping he finds even more success in Sacramento than in Dallas!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #55
BigDog63

BigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Not liking this. Mavs again show no loyalty to their guys. Just like 2012.
It's not about loyalty...it's about winning. Barnes is a good player who, with the other moves, was a bad fit here. They also needed the cap space.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #56
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If it went from Doncic to Barnes, it would never come back to Doncic or even another player.
To add to this, Doncic would run some clock down to make a play. If he passed it to Barnes, then it was like the play reset except you usually had 14 seconds or less for him to it. And usually it was a drive into traffic and not a good shot.

Barnes was actually decent early on when he was catching and shooting threes. He not only stopped doing that, but the threes stopped dropping. Death knell rings.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-07-2019 at 11:46 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #57
BigDog63

BigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He had two good seasons and just suddenly fell off the cliff. Perhaps he knew he was going to be traded and just gave up. Either way, glad it's done. Time for a new chapter in Mavs basketball.
Huh? Stats pretty much identical to last year. Scoring dropped about 1 ppg, understandable given Luka. If anything, you would have expected a much larger drop.

Yes, it was time for him to go, for various reasons. But that his play fell off the cliff ain't one of them, because it isn't true.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Huh? Stats pretty much identical to last year. Scoring dropped about 1 ppg, understandable given Luka. If anything, you would have expected a much larger drop.

Yes, it was time for him to go, for various reasons. But that his play fell off the cliff ain't one of them, because it isn't true.
The interesting thing was that his 3pt% increased quite a bit...as did the # of threes taken. He could have developed into a nice #4 option on a good team. But the Mavs obviously didn't have the money for that.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post

January. That is all.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:29 PM   #60
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing about this deal was LeBron telling the world that the Mavs surprised Barnes with a mid-game trade, when in fact he was offered the chance to sit the game out and chose to play. Its especially tacky, seeing as to how Lebron is trying to trade every one of his team-mates to get Davis. Just makes me all that much more happy that our championship came at his expense.

I'm not that big a Barnes critic, but he was lucky that the Mavs gave him that max contract after he was dumped by Golden State. He played hard and I appreciated him. But for $25 million, we can do better. We got Barnes when the Mavs were pretty bad. Now with 2 up and coming all stars, one of whom is anxious to pass to anyone who is open, we should have better luck attracting guys who are a better fit.

It ain't New York, but if KD came here, he'd be the 3rd piece in a big 3 with a real future, a great coach and no state income tax. He won't take that deal, but I expect someone really good might. I think playing with Luca is like playing with Magic. If you are open, you'll get a pass right where you want it. Are you listening Klay?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #61
BPo001
Platinum Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

If Klay leaves GS he’s going to the Lakers. People forget that if GS wasn’t going to get KD they were going to sign HB to the exact same contract we signed him to. Lebron should really keep his mouth shut when he doesn’t know the facts. HB knew about the possibility he could be traded and wanted to play. Stand up guy and a true professional. I’ll root for him anytime except against the Mavs.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #62
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to beholdNeedlesKane is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
If Klay leaves GS heís going to the Lakers. People forget that if GS wasnít going to get KD they were going to sign HB to the exact same contract we signed him to. Lebron should really keep his mouth shut when he doesnít know the facts. HB knew about the possibility he could be traded and wanted to play. Stand up guy and a true professional. Iíll root for him anytime except against the Mavs.
Tried to add reputation to you, but it seems I've done it too recently. I totally agree with you. Harrison may not be a superstar, but he is super classy. I hope he helps the Kings reach the playoffs. They should be a good fit for one another.
Finney-Smith
Kleber
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #63
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Plenty of guys can play with him, just not a ball-dominant PG like Dennis or an ISO player like Barnes... We need to surround him with 3&D guys and a couple slashers (one aspect of DSJ's game that DID fit well with Luka).
I'm not sure I buy that. I was told Chris Paul and James Harden can't work together and they both dominate the ball. Its up to the head coach to get these guys to play together..I'm suppose to believe Jalen Brunson can play with him but DSJ can't?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm not sure I buy that. I was told Chris Paul and James Harden can't work together and they both dominate the ball. Its up to the head coach to get these guys to play together..I'm suppose to believe Jalen Brunson can play with him but DSJ can't?
These are fair points, and I'm betting the FO doesn't trade DSJ if it didn't get them Kristaps. They likely trade the other three though.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
These are fair points, and I'm betting the FO doesn't trade DSJ if it didn't get them Kristaps. They likely trade the other three though.
I agree with this

Carlisle seemed the one who was fed up with DSJ, the other two members of the MBT allegedly talked him back

But DSJ was not on the same development track as Luka and that is more than likely led to his downfall. DSJ was the savior then he wasn't. And it would obviously have taken several years to get him to develop his talents which would have been extra hard because he had to take a backseat to Luka.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Luka could easily play with a developed player who is a ball dominant player. Luka and Harden would be a outstanding duo.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #66
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh I agree. And I'm not buy no means saying I don't make the thread. I'm not as high on it as others due to the risk but the reward is incredible.

But people are trying to sell us that "DSJR didn't fit" which is why he had to go. Not the case at all. He had to go because brought us Kristaps. He didn't get traded because he couldn't fit here.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I agree with this

Carlisle seemed the one who was fed up with DSJ, the other two members of the MBT allegedly talked him back

But DSJ was not on the same development track as Luka and that is more than likely led to his downfall. DSJ was the savior then he wasn't. And it would obviously have taken several years to get him to develop his talents which would have been extra hard because he had to take a backseat to Luka.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Luka could easily play with a developed player who is a ball dominant player. Luka and Harden would be a outstanding duo.
I agree. We can't keep using this "He didn't fit with Luka" crap.........no one can fit with Luka if I let some of these guys tell it. Luka is one of the easier players to play with because he can distribute the basketball and he can score.

DSJR was behind in his development in comparison to Luka. He should've been further along......no doubt about it.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:26 AM   #67
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no logical comparison to be made with Dsj and either Harden or c.p. After all that has been said and done by dsj, I dont blame Carlisle/ mbt for dumping dsj or not wanting to coach him.

Brunson wasnt the chosen one to take over, and in his defense he is way more under control than dsj ever was.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:42 AM   #68
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
There is no logical comparison to be made with Dsj and either Harden or c.p. After all that has been said and done by dsj, I dont blame Carlisle/ mbt for dumping dsj or not wanting to coach him.

Brunson wasnt the chosen one to take over, and in his defense he is way more under control than dsj ever was.
There's no "comparison" between the players.Those guys are vets and DSjr is a second year pro. My point was, DsJR didn't get traded because he was "ball dominant" or didn't fit with Luka. He was dealt simply because got Kristapis. Guys keep using the "Oh he doesn't fit with Luka" mantra all throughout these trades as if no one can fit with him.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #69
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
There's no "comparison" between the players.Those guys are vets and DSjr is a second year pro. My point was, DsJR didn't get traded because he was "ball dominant" or didn't fit with Luka. He was dealt simply because got Kristapis. Guys keep using the "Oh he doesn't fit with Luka" mantra all throughout these trades as if no one can fit with him.
I think the emphasis on "not fit with Luka" is being a bit distorted. I never took it as a knock on Luka as if only specific players can fit with him. Yes, Luka can play with almost anyone, but clearly the better path is to take advantage of his accelerated skill level compared to other young players much less rookies. DSJ sets Luka and the success of the team back in the process of building a winner with the huge head start of a 19 year old being this capable.

DSJ got dealt because he started the BS about wanting out and being butt hurt and immature. The Porzingis trade was an absolute no brainer but I don't think it was the only trade that would have seen DSJ leaving.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-08-2019 at 09:32 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #70
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If they dont trade him for KP, they would have send him to Orlando for Gordon or Bamba, im pretty sure of that.

And it wasnt about DSJ skillset as being a bad fit with Luka, it was DSJ not wanting to fit in or adjust to Luka.

Its pretty clear that he choosed a small college to jack up all the shots and its clear that he sees himself as a new Francis/Westbrook, dominating the ball and taking a lot of shots.

And add that after a pretty crappy rookie season he was allready pretty full of himself and demanding a specific role on the team...yeah, that was the moment he had no future here anymore.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-08-2019 at 10:30 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #71
turin
Golden Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If they dont trade him for KP, they would have send him to Orlando for Gordon or Bamba, im pretty sure of that.

And it wasnt about DSJ skillset as being a bad fit with Luka, it was DSJ not wanting to fit in or adjust to Luka.

Its pretty clear that he choosed a small college to jack up all the shots and its clear that he sees himself as a new Francis/Westbrook, dominating the ball and taking a lot of shots.

And add that after a pretty crappy rookie season he was allready pretty full of himself and demanding a specific role on the team...yeah, that was the moment he had no future here anymore.
This
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #72
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

100% agree. If they could have gotten KP without giving up DSJ, no doubt they would have. But I'm almost certain that they would have traded him in the offseason for something else. Clearly he and Carlisle did not see eye-to-eye, and DSJ is nowhere near the level of talent that can chase away a coach with Carlisle's credibility.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote