Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #121
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

I was impressed with the defense on Lillard in the 4th without fouling.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #122
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

LUKA
Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #123
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Not sure I agree with the criticism of Luka's shot at the end. You can't pick and choose when you like him to take those shots. It's who he is. And for the most part, we benefit.

All the greats play hero ball at the end.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #124
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
A lot more to like from the game. Continue to like Brunson. Just plays smart. THJ will be fine when KP is back as 3rd or 4th option. Still need an athletic rebounding center who can finish lobs.

And Luka is just tired... Lol.
Yeah I only see that excuse for him when hes missing shots. As Rick says he has flair for the dramatic.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #125
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Not sure I agree with the criticism of Luka's shot at the end. You can't pick and choose when you like him to take those shots. It's who he is. And for the most part, we benefit.

All the greats play hero ball at the end.
I think he was looking for a dagger. I actually wanted him to take it, but it's easy in hindsight if he misses to 2nd guess. Still, my money's on Luka, so he can take that shot every time in that situation as far as I'm concerned.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #126
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

THJ has the tools to become a good defender and just needs to focus on that aspect of his game. He could become a solid 3D guy for us if his defense improves.....just needs to work on it.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #127
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yeah I only see that excuse for him when hes missing shots. As Rick says he has flair for the dramatic.
This.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #128
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I don't mind the three from Luka at the end, he was hot from three and it's a good shot, the one legged elbow floater thing from mid range distance was a different story though. That is just not a shot you should ever take, mostly because it doesn't really exist, and for good reason.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 02-10-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #129
markox2501

markox2501 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by markox2501 View Post
Ready to watch, another triple double for Luka, clutch game, Luka decision maker.

Told'ya.
markox2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #130
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by markox2501 View Post
Told'ya.
Luka didnt have a triple double though?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #131
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVVzgr5pgU&t=5s

So many highlights for one game.

I think my favourites are the hesitation move at 1:08, the pass to THJ at 2:14 and of course everything in the 4th quarter.

BTW, possible foul against Mo Harkless at 3:45??? lol
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #132
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
THJ has the tools to become a good defender and just needs to focus on that aspect of his game. He could become a solid 3D guy for us if his defense improves.....just needs to work on it.
Hes better off the dribble and attacking and itd be ridiculous to limit his athletic game to just threes.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #133
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Wasn't able to watch, but caught highlights on Get Up! this morning. All three dudes were drooling over Luka and brought up the would you rather have Ben Simmons or Luka question. All three went with Luka. Absolute show in the 4th there and crazy to think he should have had a couple more and-1's without garbage reffing. A LOT of contact but at least they let Maxi go straight up with Dame so I guess the refs were consistent?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #134
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Wasn't able to watch, but caught highlights on Get Up! this morning. All three dudes were drooling over Luka and brought up the would you rather have Ben Simmons or Luka question. All three went with Luka. Absolute show in the 4th there and crazy to think he should have had a couple more and-1's without garbage reffing. A LOT of contact but at least they let Maxi go straight up with Dame so I guess the refs were consistent?
It wasn't terrible. There are always going to be missed calls, but I think Maxi and Luka are starting to gain more respect slowly. In a couple years, guys probably won't be able to breathe on Luka and he will get calls.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #135
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DHWS Guess. what. day. it. is?!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote