Yes! We're desperate. We need to maximize time 2 10.00%
Yes, but only the right one. Be aggressive but patient 15 75.00%
Apathetic. Just apathetic. 0 0%
No. Let's see what we have with KP and Doncic when they get healthy. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #361
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I want Robert Covington on this team.
Dieng + Covington for Lee + Wright + Jackson

Or Powell + Lee + Jackson

Minnesota local media keeps saying Wolves desperately need a PG. Mavs willing to give up Wright for Covington?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #362
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Minnesota local media keeps saying Wolves desperately need a PG. Mavs willing to give up Wright for Covington?
Convington will almost assuredly cost you Brunson.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #363
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Idk if I would include wright, I wouldn't involve Powell in that deal either. I may be making up a new term here but Covington isn't 'better enough' than Dfs to include any other important pieces of our success so far.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #364
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Convington will almost assuredly cost you Brunson.
Would Brunson, Lee, and Golden State's 2nd round pick be enough for Covington? I think that's the only Covington trade I really like.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #365
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Idk if I would include wright, I wouldn't involve Powell in that deal either. I may be making up a new term here but Covington isn't 'better enough' than Dfs to include any other important pieces of our success so far.
Skin told a story the other day about how the Mavs' FO thinks DFS is playing better than Covington this year, anyway. I think it was on "the ceiling is the roof" podcast.

I'm not offering that as my opinion, just adding to yours.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #366
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I think Covington moves at the deadline, and the Mavs might target him...but, I don't think they want him badly enough to give up Brunson, who they LOVE, and I don't think they want any part of Dieng.

All speculation on my part.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #367
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Skin told a story the other day about how the Mavs' FO thinks DFS is playing better than Covington this year, anyway. I think it was on "the ceiling is the roof" podcast.

I'm not offering that as my opinion, just adding to yours.
They’re very similar players but DFS is younger by three years, makes 1/3rd of what RoCo makes, is more efficient on offense, and is holding offensive players to a significantly lower FG%. Another example of how the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Instead of giving up assets for a lateral move we need to be collecting assets for someone who can create his own shot.

Last edited by tap2390; 01-20-2020 at 11:30 AM.
tap2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #368
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
They’re very similar players but DFS is younger by three years, makes 1/3rd of what RoCo makes, is more efficient on offense, and is holding offensive players to a significantly lower FG%. Another example of how the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Instead of giving up assets for a lateral move we need to be collecting assets for someone who can create his own shot.
GREAT POST!!!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #369
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
...Instead of giving up assets for a lateral move we need to be collecting assets for someone who can create his own shot.
This is the flip side to doing a Covington deal. I agree secondary shot creator is our greatest need, I just don't know that we're going to find that guy before 2021. Even with Covington on our books, I think we'd still have room for a max player that off-season.

I think we could find plenty of minutes for both Covington and DFS, so I'm not too worried about his acquisition being a "lateral move" unless we include DFS in the trade.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #370
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

When KAT was injured, Dieng was lauded for improving the Wolves D by local media. Now that KAT is back, he will likely be back to about 10-15 minutes pg. Although his contract is inflated, it does end after 2020-2021. I have not watched any T-Wolves games in the past year or so, and am not offering any special insights into how well he would fit with the current Mavs, but he is a big body and has been under utilized the past two or three seasons because he plays the same position as KAT. If there is a consensus that the Mavs interior defense needs help, then you have to ask if and how you would want to improve it this season. Maybe the Mej is a better option. Maybe Noah, or perhaps there is another option the MBT is working on. Or you can just move forward with what you have and be satisfied with a likely playoff appearance and early exit. Or maybe Powell continues to improve, becomes more consistent and along with KP the interior defense is adequate. However, my guess is that there will be incessant frustration with the current play at the 5 when we play teams with big and physical centers. But then again, patience is a virtue....

Article on Dieng....
https://www.twincities.com/2020/01/1...ve-revolution/
Old 01-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #371
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And im pretty sure the Wolves are going to demand DFS as part of the deal and not Jackson
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #372
particleman

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rph343v
+ GS 2nd rounder

I don't know if it would be enough, but I think this would probably be the most I'd want to give up for Covington. Brunson, Jackson, and the GS pick are three young/cheap assets for the Wolves. If they can find someone to take Dieng with Covington and get back Russell or expirings then we're probably out.

Mavs could roll out "small-ball" lineups with Luka, Hardaway, DFS, Covington, & Kristaps/Powell/Maxi with Wright, Curry, & Barea rounding out the 10 man rotation. Not the sexiest lineup in the league, and those are probably our two or three best trade assets, depending on how you feel about Jackson and who you consider trade assets. But I don't think we have the pieces to land a big-time secondary shot creator anyway. Let's stack as many above average 3 & D guys around Doncic as possible and see how far he can carry us. It's his second year, I think we've got a big enough window to regroup in 2021 if this didn't work.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #373
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This looks right.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #374
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Quote:
This looks right.
I accept your peace offering.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #375
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This looks right.
Quote:
I accept your peace offering.
What if we traded for Covington then flipped him for Drummond?

/hides

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #376
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What if we traded for Covington then flipped him for Drummond?

/hides
Penisface

Old 01-21-2020, 02:08 AM   #377
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

I think Covington might be a little stronger than DFS which means he can hold up defensively a little better vs K.Leonard or Lebron

But having said that I prefer trading for Covington and keeping DFS out of the deal

The reason why is because you could never have enough long perimeter defenders

Could you imagine the mavs being able to throw out a late game defensive lineup that included KP, DFS and Covington?

Those are just the type of defenders you need on the floor around Luka

You still got plenty of shooting between THJ and Curry in the backcourt which ever one is the hottest

If they could get a deal done with just Brunson, Jackson, Lee & a 2nd round pick you make that deal all day every day

I'm not that high on Brunson and Jackson. They may both eventually turn a corner but I don't think either one will ever turn into a legit starter.

For once I'd love to see the Mavs play small ball lineups that actually have some size

KP-7'3
Covington-6'8
DFS-6'7
THJ-6'5
Luka-6'7

That's a lot better than Powell and 4 midgets in a small ball lineup

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-21-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #378
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Yea my initial thought is Covington brings more size and toughness, and perhaps more of a rebounding presence than DFS. But in any deal for Covington, I would 100% want to keep DFS for team defensive reasoning. We really don't have another wing/smaller big defender than DFS, though Maxi has been making a stellar case. Depth and shooting, however...I also don't like being married to Brunson like we have to keep him. His value is high now, and I don't see him as being key to the Mavs success in the near or long term.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #379
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think Covington might be a little stronger than DFS which means he can hold up defensively a little better vs K.Leonard or Lebron

But having said that I prefer trading for Covington and keeping DFS out of the deal

The reason why is because you could never have enough long perimeter defenders

Could you imagine the mavs being able to throw out a late game defensive lineup that included KP, DFS and Covington?

Those are just the type of defenders you need on the floor around Luka

You still got plenty of shooting between THJ and Curry in the backcourt which ever one is the hottest

If they could get a deal done with just Brunson, Jackson, Lee & a 2nd round pick you make that deal all day every day

I'm not that high on Brunson and Jackson. They may both eventually turn a corner but I don't think either one will ever turn into a legit starter.

For once I'd love to see the Mavs play small ball lineups that actually have some size

KP-7'3
Covington-6'8
DFS-6'7
THJ-6'5
Luka-6'7

That's a lot better than Powell and 4 midgets in a small ball lineup
This is kind of my opinion on Covington/DFS as well. I don't see them as redundant, and I think they could work well on the floor together at the 3/4, and would help us in matchups like the Clippers.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #380
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I love what DFS is doing this season on a small contract, but I think I'd still trade him for Cov if the price was right.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:31 PM   #381
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Per 100 stats

Dodo
15pts, 9reb, 2ast, 1.1steal, 0.9blck
38% from three and 57% eFG

R-Cov
20pts, 9reb, 2ast, 2.8steals, 1.5blocks
35% from three and 54% eFG

They seem like really similar players, but those block and steal numbers are outstanding. I love what Dodo is doing for 1/3 the money, but if you can get Covington, you do it. We're 28th in steals and 19th in blocks. You gotta pump up those numbers.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-21-2020 at 04:45 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #382
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I think we'd all agree that we got DFS on a sweetheart deal, probably not expecting him to be even league average in scoring efficiency. Covington is similar (though I'd argue that he's significantly better if he's healthy and on a good team) and is also probably underpaid considering the scarcity of legitimate 3-and-D wings in the market. RoCo at the peak of his powers is an All-Defensive first team/borderline DPOY candidate, while I think Dorian's ceiling is around a top 10 percentile defender and overall above-average starter.

I'd offer Minnesota Brunson/Lee/GSW 2nd in a heartbeat, and wouldn't lose much sleep about expanding it to include Jackson/Dieng. Dieng has had a renaissance of sorts this season with Towns in and out of the lineup, and with our roster construction/salary cap the way it is now, there's almost no risk in adding money for next season only with us being so far under the luxury tax.

Last edited by spreedom; 01-21-2020 at 04:45 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #383
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think we'd all agree that we got DFS on a sweetheart deal, probably not expecting him to be even league average in scoring efficiency. Covington is similar (though I'd argue that he's significantly better if he's healthy and on a good team) and is also probably underpaid considering the scarcity of legitimate 3-and-D wings in the market. RoCo at the peak of his powers is an All-Defensive first team/borderline DPOY candidate, while I think Dorian's ceiling is around a top 10 percentile defender and overall above-average starter.

I'd offer Minnesota Brunson/Lee/GSW 2nd in a heartbeat, and wouldn't lose much sleep about expanding it to include Jackson/Dieng. Dieng has had a renaissance of sorts this season with Towns in and out of the lineup, and with our roster construction/salary cap the way it is now, there's almost no risk in adding money for next season only with us being so far under the luxury tax.
Dieng/Cov would actually be a really good trade too and appease those who want another defensive big and those who want a wing defender. A lot will depend on KP's health and whether the Mavs go on a losing streak though. If they keep on at their current pace, then I don't see it happening.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #384
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Windhorst on The Jump says the Mavs are looking for a guy with size that can score 15 ppg...whatever that means.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #385
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Windhorst on The Jump says the Mavs are looking for a guy with size that can score 15 ppg...whatever that means.
I think Windhorst still thinks we're getting Love.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #386
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No way I'd include DFS in any deal for Cov. DFS may have the best value contract in the league, aside from guys like Kendrick Nunn. He and Maxi should only be moved for a star in my opinion. And not a Kevin Love or Drummond "star". Beal level. No Aaron Gordon hope he can level up 3rd tier guys either. Royce O'Neal just got a 4yr.36m extension. DFS is an equivalent player and is making less than half that.

Covington is a better individual defender, better against bigger guys and his shooting numbers would no doubt increase with Luka. But he's also been injured a lot and has been pretty bad in the playoffs if I'm remembering right. I'd probably do Brunson/Lee/GS 2nd if push came to shove, just because Covington has proven to be an ELITE wing defender when he is right and on a good contract. Those are like gold. The league is littered with Brunsons and the 2nd rd. picks are valuable in theory, but a crapshoot in practice.

I can see the argument for not doing it on our end. Having our first and GS pick could net us a nice vet player on draft day. Better than Covington? Idk. I don't think Minny does it anyhow. They can keep him or probably get a better offer.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #387
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does it have be exactly 15ppg? Would they settle for 14 or accept 18?

God I hope we don't trade for K. Love. Just no.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-21-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #388
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think Windhorst still thinks we're getting Love.
Where would his minutes come from? He'd have to play next to KP or its a layup parade. He's super skilled but I've never been a fan of the guy. Empty calories. And always injured. Relative to their respective costs I'd way rather have Tristan Thompson who is a stout interior defender, elite rebounder and good roll man. Though it wouldnt solve our late game scoring issues, TT would get us a least a few extra possessions per game on the offensive glass.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #389
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

What about some type of a deal for Snell and Markieff Morris?

Seems like they could both add some depth for the POs.

Maybe Jackson/Lee for Snell/Morris?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #390
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

There are barely any Mavs trade rumors out there aside from Covington and the weeks-old Drummond speculation...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #391
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There are barely any Mavs trade rumors out there aside from Covington and the weeks-old Drummond speculation...
There are barely any trade rumors at all around the league. Most teams in the west have a shot at the playoffs, and actually most teams in the east do as well.

There will be a trade or two and maybe Kevin Love, but it likely will be a quiet deadline. Don't see many fire sales, but we'll see.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #392
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Per 100 stats

Dodo
15pts, 9reb, 2ast, 1.1steal, 0.9blck
38% from three and 57% eFG

R-Cov
20pts, 9reb, 2ast, 2.8steals, 1.5blocks
35% from three and 54% eFG

They seem like really similar players, but those block and steal numbers are outstanding. I love what Dodo is doing for 1/3 the money, but if you can get Covington, you do it. We're 28th in steals and 19th in blocks. You gotta pump up those numbers.
What would those numbers look like if the situations were reversed and DFS was running with and catching passing from the likes of Teague (injured mostly anyway) and Napier and not Luka? Part of a trade is projection, and I'd like to think Covington would pump those numbers up just a bit, at least from a percentage/efficiency standpoint.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #393
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Hard pass on another big who plays the perimeter and lacks defense. I've been scared of the Love move for a while but I can't imagine how they justify that. Garbg contract too. If they were going to go after anyone of significance I'd prefer Marcus Morris over Covington and definitely over Love. Problem is he will be by looking to get paid and he probably deserves it.

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-21-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:28 PM   #394
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
What would those numbers look like if the situations were reversed and DFS was running with and catching passing from the likes of Teague (injured mostly anyway) and Napier and not Luka? Part of a trade is projection, and I'd like to think Covington would pump those numbers up just a bit, at least from a percentage/efficiency standpoint.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #395
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Courtney Lee and Dwight Powell plus GS 2nd for Andre Drummond.
Courtney Lee is off the books after this year. They get a decent to good center/forward in Dwight Powell that is on a great deal and fairly young. Also GS 2nd rounder is essentially a late first.
We get the legit big man in the middle. Young, great rebounder
(15 a game), getting about 2 steals and 2 blocks a game along with 17 points per game. You guys are smoking crack if you want to give up this season and next for the chance to sign a big fish. Not wait for the guy who wants to join us... The f-ing chance to sit down with them assuming they haven't already signed with someone else at 12:01 am.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #396
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Courtney Lee and Dwight Powell plus GS 2nd for Andre Drummond.
Courtney Lee is off the books after this year. They get a decent to good center/forward in Dwight Powell that is on a great deal and fairly young. Also GS 2nd rounder is essentially a late first.
We get the legit big man in the middle. Young, great rebounder
(15 a game), getting about 2 steals and 2 blocks a game along with 17 points per game. You guys are smoking crack if you want to give up this season and next for the chance to sign a big fish. Not wait for the guy who wants to join us... The f-ing chance to sit down with them assuming they haven't already signed with someone else at 12:01 am.
Nobody is trading for Powell anymore
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #397
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Welp. What now?

Old 01-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #398
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dieng+Covington combo looking sexy
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #399
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby Marks: Last day to file for a Disabled Player Exception was Jan. 15. Dallas would not receive any cap relief if the Dwight Powell injury is season ending. Powell signed a three-year $33M extension in July that begins in 2020/21.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #400
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I was hoping Powell, Brunson and the 2nd rounder would be our trade assets........
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote