Mavs win by 1-9 3 18.75%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 6.25%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2019, 10:25 PM   #121
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain to me what happened when Luka broke Beal's ankles with that killer crossover? Why the hell was a whistle blown the other way? I was at the game and couldn't figure out what happened.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #122
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Can someone explain to me what happened when Luka broke Beal's ankles with that killer crossover? Why the hell was a whistle blown the other way? I was at the game and couldn't figure out what happened.
I think they called tripping on Brunson, who was the screener.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #123
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

It's a win. That's what counts. I really enjoyed 2nd and 3rd quarters. Looking forward to next game and continued improvement.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #124
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Brunson made contact with the feet when he sat the screen...but i also dont think it was an actual trip

you find the scene on twitter
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #125
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
JET is happy to be back. He was blushing when all of the fans were chanting his name.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #126
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

KP: "Next time we don't want to give them any life at all."

He looks the part. He speaks the part. We might as well just call him Drago.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #127
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Feels real good to be above .500 and start off with a Win.

The Luka and Beal battle was exciting. It's good to have someone lock into him game 1 like that. There will be many others who will try him.

We stopped working as hard with a big lead and ended up shooting too many perimeter shots which is just a bit lazy but it happens. Better teams or maybe even a fringe playoff team at home would have probably climbed the hill.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-23-2019 at 10:53 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #128
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
KP: "Next time we don't want to give them any life at all."

He looks the part. He speaks the part. We might as well just call him Drago.
lol
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #129
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Mavs stream went down, so I'm watching the Wiz stream. Their commentator just said "I'm just not sure if Luka and Porzingis can co-exist on a team"

lol
I only had their feed and it was brutal. Once, dude said verbatim “you have instant noodles and then you have instant offense” among other dumb things.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #130
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
Why is that? He actually looked pretty good during preseason.
He didn't look better than Jackson.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:50 PM   #131
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He didn't look better than Jackson.
I agree. How would you rank the Mavs in tonight's game? And where do you think J.J., Dwight, and Boban fit in? Do you feel like anyone else could make a regular appearance this season?
Old 10-23-2019, 11:55 PM   #132
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jackson should at least start with Powell out. The starting lineup needs the offense.

The Lee stuff is just a waste of time.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:33 AM   #133
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

ah i missed the begin of the game. Who took Dirks spot in the S5 introduction? Luka or KP? My guess was Luka switching from first to last and KP being the first guy in the introduction...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #134
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I found myself just watching the game on mute..want to vomit every time Jeff Wade is on the air..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #135
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Refs are going to have to stop calling traveling, like a 5th grade game.
No...call more... get them out of the habit of traveling all the damn time.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #136
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
While I hate all of the whistles, I'm with Murphy3 on this one. This is supposed to be basketball, not footbasket.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #137
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
While I hate all of the whistles, I'm with Murphy3 on this one. This is supposed to be basketball, not footbasket.
It'll take a very short period of time for the players to adapt... give them a week or two.. Just call it consistently. Don't give Lebron 25 steps and blow the whistle appropriately when it's someone else..
Old 10-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #138
duboh7

duboh7 has a spectacular aura aboutduboh7 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Rick with his usual starting five shenanigans. Lee started, but never checked back in until now.
Yeah.:>), but don't get too hung up on the starters; RC (for the past half dozen seasons, or so --while the roster has been in year-to-year flux) has been famous for varying the line-up for a couple of months at the start of the season. It usually works itself out by about Xmas.
duboh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #139
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree. How would you rank the Mavs in tonight's game? And where do you think J.J., Dwight, and Boban fit in? Do you feel like anyone else could make a regular appearance this season?
Nothing should surprise me anymore with Luka but I didn't expect THAT kind of game opening night. Luka was outstanding.

KP got off to a slow start but even when his shot isn't falling he is such a threat to score from anywhere it helps with our spacing. Real nice first game, but he is going to have to get more rebounds though. 4 boards is not all-star level but a win is a win.

DFS had a fairly quite but solid game. 7/8 FT's, 8 Reb.

I'm not trying to pick on Courtney Lee, but 16 minutes is too much for his production. I doubt RC sticks with the idea of starting him and it's too early to worry too much about it but for me, 8 of those minutes should have been given to Jax, or maybe split between Curry and Jax. He isn't going to boost his trade value by playing more minutes, at 34 he is what he is.

Jax needs more minutes. Period. Not hard to see that.

Wright stayed in the flow of the offense and had a solid overall game but it may take him 5-10 games to carve out his place in the SLU. I think he could look to score a little more instead of defer.

I'm ready for Dwight to be back, Maxi looked overwhelmed and a little lost when they were making their run last night. DP is just a better fit offensively.

Boban is a nice change of pace and will probably only be used in the obvious matchup with other REAL bigs.

JJ is going to be limited, but any given night he can turn a game around or at least give you quality veteran minutes and leadership. I don't expect him to ever get the nod over Brunson.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #140
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Quote:

Yea, keep calling it. Short term pain for long term gain.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #141
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

KP got off to a slow start but even when his shot isn't falling he is such a threat to score from anywhere it helps with our spacing. Real nice first game, but he is going to have to get more rebounds though. 4 boards is not all-star level but a win is a win.
Three times I saw KP give up a rebound he had his hand/hands on to one of our guards/ball handlers. He could have had more rebounds if not for that.

I will take that over DJ last year bullying his own teammates out of the way to pad his numbers.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #142
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Three times I saw KP give up a rebound he had his hand/hands on to one of our guards/ball handlers. He could have had more rebounds if not for that.

I will take that over DJ last year bullying his own teammates out of the way to pad his numbers.
Yea with our guards and wing rebounding ability his numbers won't ever be standout, but there were a few times he didn't box out early and they got offensive boards on us. It's not alarming but at his size he needs to make sure 4 boards isn't a reoccurring theme.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #143
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea with our guards and wing rebounding ability his numbers won't ever be standout, but there were a few times he didn't box out early and they got offensive boards on us. It's not alarming but at his size he needs to make sure 4 boards isn't a reoccurring theme.
As a lethal weakside shotblocker, his man is going to be in position for some offensive boards. I think Mavericks will still net a gain from having him intimidate inside shots. Whoever is playing the 5 is going to need to occupy some space inside.

At the other end, do you really want to move him into the low post, negating him as a 3-point threat, for a couple of offensive rebounds a game?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #144
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
As a lethal weakside shotblocker, his man is going to be in position for some offensive boards. I think Mavericks will still net a gain from having him intimidate inside shots. Whoever is playing the 5 is going to need to occupy some space inside.

At the other end, do you really want to move him into the low post, negating him as a 3-point threat, for a couple of offensive rebounds a game?
I'm not yet concerned with his rebounding yet on either side. Offensive rebounding isn't ever going to be a legit concern. I fully agree with the notion that him going for shots potentially frees up opposing bigs rebounding...sometimes. His job will be to learn to be effective at both shot blocking and rebounding. I'm sure he will

Old 10-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #145
Heezzi

Heezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Yes.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #146
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Yes.
I have faith that he will know when to mix his offensive game up as needed. He does a real solid job of moving to the basket in most situations, ie last nights loose ball lob to complete the nail in the coffin. IF he doesn't know when to mix it, RC will help.

Old 10-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #147
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not yet concerned with his rebounding yet on either side. Offensive rebounding isn't ever going to be a legit concern. I fully agree with the notion that him going for shots potentially frees up opposing bigs rebounding...sometimes. His job will be to learn to be effective at both shot blocking and rebounding. I'm sure he will
He looks like such a unique talent that I think we may have to put aside some expectations about what a 7.1 guy 'should' be doing. He almost looks as much like Durant 2.0 (minus ball-handling) as Dirk 2.0 (minus low-post moves).

So relieved to see him moving well--easily and fluidly--after 1.5 years off. He looked a little tight early last night, rushed, impatient, frustrated, and still played a productive game.

I think this will seem a bit like extended pre-season until Powell gets healthy, and until they find a legitimate starter for the 3. I'm going to take the first 30 games or so to just enjoy watching him find his way with Luca and whatever talent they can surround those two with, hopefully some upgrades sooner rather than later. (Mr. Ntilikina to the courtesy phone, please.)

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 10-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #148
Murphy3
Guru

I was obviously happy to see the diversity in KP's game.. We just watched the career of the most versatile big man in the history of the game. Dirk could take PF's/C's off the dribble throughout much of his career... Could operate out of the high post...could knock down the three..And now the Mavs have another guy with so many of the same abilities but with more athleticism. That's pretty freaking amazing. And Luka is just such a joy to watch. I won't ever feel the same way about KP and Luka as I do about Dirk but they're a fun watch.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #149
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Just watched the game and observed how well Jackson moves without the ball and how crafty he is in the paint. Wright still looks lost and Seth needs to get more involved.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #150
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree. Those were all legit travels being called. My comment was meant as a criticism of the players, not the refs.