Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #1
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of
Default Has anybody changed their mind about Vucevic on the Mavs?

10 games into the season, and I'm wondering if anybody has changed his position on Vucevic from the summer. I was for adding him during the off-season to have a starting caliber center as well as an overall talent upgrade. Instead, we reupped Powell and added Boban who has been a very pleasant surprise, but is obviously too big and dominant against smaller lineups to play, so repeated DNP's for you big guy. LOL Powell gonna wave at people driving past hime, cuz "matchups" doncha know.

I was also a huge fan of adding Kemba even though he was a long shot, and last night, at least for one night, he confirmed my confidence. The guy is a great teammate and clutch. He and Luka would've been a nightmare together, and I think his veteran presence and ability would have helped Luka from feeling the need to press so much at times when he's the only one producing.

In hindsight, a lot of us were spot on when we complained about wasting $20ish million in cap and adding only ancillary pieces in Seth and Wright. Seth was probably billed as the biggest piece added because of his shooting, but if he's hesitant or not making anything, then he has no place on the floor. Wright has been a pleasant surprise and deserves more burn imo. So, all-in-all, I think the off-season in hindsight rates a "D."

I sure wish we'd have gone after Vucevic. Carlisle would've had to play him with that contract. lol Just my .02.

Last edited by turin; Yesterday at 09:27 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links