Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How many wins do the Mavs have in 2019-2020?
63+ wins 1 2.13%
53-62 wins 1 2.13%
48-52 wins 9 19.15%
42-47 wins 23 48.94%
36-41 wins 13 27.66%
30-35 wins 0 0%
24-29 wins 0 0%
Fewer than 23 wins 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #41
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

I got us at 39 or 40 wins.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #42
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming no injuries to KP or Luka, and reasonable production from the others, 45 wins.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I posted part of this article in the KP thread, but there's this bit about the Mavs chances of making the playoffs as well...

https://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_featur...d-the-rim-115/

Quote:
The bottom of the West is looking like a dogfight. If we look at the current over/under projections from DraftKings, none of Dallas, New Orleans or Sacramento are currently projected to make the playoffs. Which of those three do you think has the best chance to surprise with a playoff berth?

Jager: Dallas is my dark horse for this upcoming season. Luka was a standout rookie last season and I think he’s going to make an even bigger push come this upcoming season. While Kristaps Porzingis is coming off an ACL injury that took him out for over a year of action, I think Porzingis will do perfectly fine with a piece like Luka next to him that compliments his style of play. Another guy to look out for in that Mavs lineup is Dwight Powell. Powell was one of the best pick & roll finishers last season with the Mavs and could easily make a difference for this Mavs team. Overall this team is most likely going to be the most dangerous teams in the pick & roll/pick & pop, but I do think the lack of depth is going to hurt them early on and be the reason they aren’t considered a playoff team. But say they start clicking and some of these other top west teams start dealing with injuries, I see the Mavs finding their way back into the playoffs once again.

Mistry: I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mavericks claimed that 7 or 8 spot in the West. I think most of us have forgotten how good Kristaps is and it will be interesting to see Luka Doncic can do in his somphomore season. They’ve got some good pieces in Dwight Powell, Delon Wright & the reacquisition of Seth Curry, who pretty much proved he could compete as a pretty good guard in the NBA last season, backing up Damian Lillard. It’s going to be interesting to see how the team will operate without Dirk’s presence and experience in the locker-room, but don’t count out Dallas this year.

Singh: I’m giving the edge to the Dallas Mavericks. Luka Doncic is about to take the next step in his career, which could include an All-NBA team appearance. However, it’s not only Doncic that’s looking to take the next step in his career. There’s a long list of players on the Mavericks roster that are still young and establishing themselves as NBA players. Dwight Powell, Maxi Kleber, Dorian Finney-Smith, Delon Wright and Jalen Brunson all have the potential to grow into prominent roles within the Mavericks system. Some, specifically Powell, began to do that last year. The question mark for the Mavericks is the health of Kristaps Porzingis. It’s already been said that they’ll manage Porzingis’ load and ease him back, but how much can the Mavericks afford to rest their prized 2019 trade deadline acquisition. The Mavericks can squeak into the playoffs, but they need to be smart when choosing the games they rest Porzingis, specifically early in the season when West teams can fallout of the dog fight quickly.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:32 PM   #44
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

Why is Powell put so much ahead of Maxi? Maxi was better defensively last year. Not a big deal, but Wurtzburgers need their due.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #45
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbball View Post
Why is Powell put so much ahead of Maxi? Maxi was better defensively last year. Not a big deal, but Wurtzburgers need their due.
I think it's because even the best version of Maxi duplicates a lot of Porzingis' strengths, and the two don't seem likely to play together very often. I like Maxi a little better than Powell too, but I doubt he plays as big a role for us next year.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #46
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

omg... we still have to wait nearly 3 months for the season to begin!
Old 08-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Season Schedule Released

Last edited by Underdog; 08-12-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #48
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think 11-7 by the end of November is very doable.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

With a schedule like that, a team could go 82-0
Old 08-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be fine with the season as long as it isn't over by February 1st. Wonder when single game tickets go on sale as well. Always seems kinda hard to find that out every summer.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:09 AM   #51
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

nice schedule breakdown here:
Mike Marshall, Bobby Karalla and Mark Followill review the Mavs 2019-2020 schedule and pick out the most anticipated games and stretches of the season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLqz...ature=youtu.be
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #52
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is just really niceChileanMavsFan is just really niceChileanMavsFan is just really niceChileanMavsFan is just really niceChileanMavsFan is just really niceChileanMavsFan is just really nice

Kind of interesting that we don't seem to have any games that start later than 8:30pm CDT. Usually we would have a couple games against west coast teams later than that. Love it!

Edit: NVM, seems the times are local so we do have some games that start later than that. Need more coffee it seems.

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 08-13-2019 at 08:25 AM.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #53
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanMavsFan View Post
Kind of interesting that we don't seem to have any games that start later than 8:30pm CDT. Usually we would have a couple games against west coast teams later than that. Love it!

Edit: NVM, seems the times are local so we do have some games that start later than that. Need more coffee it seems.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-By-42-Percent
Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost every 2nd night of a B2B is against bad teams or borderline playoff teams. Thats suck incredible because you are going to lose a few unnecessary games just because of tired legs. Would be much better to have the 2nd night games against contender and just rest KP etc
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #55
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Almost every 2nd night of a B2B is against bad teams or borderline playoff teams. Thats suck incredible because you are going to lose a few unnecessary games just because of tired legs. Would be much better to have the 2nd night games against contender and just rest KP etc
...Or rest the first night. Modern problems require modern solutions.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #56
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

`Yeah i hope they are doing that with KP. Let him play in the "must win" games.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #57
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
`Yeah i hope they are doing that with KP. Let him play in the "must win" games.
I think his load management will be first 1/4 of the season. The rest will be based on his performance and his conditioning and how he is recovering from games.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #58
Underdog

@NickVanExit: Mavs fans right now: https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/stat...08172735864833

#NBAMuscleWatch #WorkoutSZN
Old 08-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think his load management will be first 1/4 of the season. The rest will be based on his performance and his conditioning and how he is recovering from games.
And if we're f'in winning or not. Load management needs to take a back seat to winning. We didn't pay him 158 million to take games off. If he isn't healthy by now, then he likely won't ever be.

I'm sure he'll be rusty at first which is fine, but load management in my estimation is 30mpg to start versus 35. Nothing more.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #60
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And if we're f'in winning or not. Load management needs to take a back seat to winning. We didn't pay him 158 million to take games off. If he isn't healthy by now, then he likely won't ever be.

I'm sure he'll be rusty at first which is fine, but load management in my estimation is 30mpg to start versus 35. Nothing more.
For me it depends on if load management is to help him come back from the injury, or if load management is to help prevent another injury.

If he is taking games off or playing severely reduced minutes to help get his stamina back, that's really disappointing at this point. However if the training staff believes that shaving a few minutes here and there at opportune times could lessen the chances of a season (or career) ending injury, I'm all for it. Push him to the max and take those chances if and when we are fighting in the semi or conference finals.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #61
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnít be shocked if he plays 60 games at 25-30 minutes. Something like a mix of Embiidís first and second seasons.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #62
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I think it sounds about right, myself. The biggest 'unknown' is how well all the other teams will play. Haven't seen this much shakeup in the West in...forever?

I think the Mavs may be the surprise team in the West.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #63
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yea. Load management makes total sense in a lot of cases for recently injured or injury prone guys but you know how people get. They see it used and all the sudden it's the best invention ever and must apply across the board. It's being overstated a bit in regards to the the upcoming full season for KP imo.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #64
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea. Load management makes total sense in a lot of cases for recently injured or injury prone guys but you know how people get. They see it used and all the sudden it's the best invention ever and must apply across the board. It's being overstated a bit in regards to the the upcoming full season for KP imo.
Yeah, people have way overstated load management with KP. If he needs his minutes reduced for more than a month or so, then he isnít worth max contract. You donít pay a guy as much as we just did only to play him 28-30 MPG over the next 4 years.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #65
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, people have way overstated load management with KP. If he needs his minutes reduced for more than a month or so, then he isn’t worth max contract. You don’t pay a guy as much as we just did only to play him 28-30 MPG over the next 4 years.
Anybody see any recent pics of KP?

Skin said KP has beefed up a bit and has added some decent muscle tone but I haven't found any recent pics.

Ok...just found something.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-f...las-mavericks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/c...orkout_leaked/

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #66
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Porzingis: "If he dies, he dies."
Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 PM   #67
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, people have way overstated load management with KP. If he needs his minutes reduced for more than a month or so, then he isnít worth max contract. You donít pay a guy as much as we just did only to play him 28-30 MPG over the next 4 years.
We may see some management due to rust but I have said this a while back, KP has had 20 months to recover and by most reports could have returned at the end of last year. There is no reason to manage his minutes if he shows in the first 10-15 games that he is not rusty and can play at a higher level.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:59 AM   #68
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Load management goes beyond minutes played though. The type of role KP plays will be a factor as well.

I agree KP should be playing 30+ minutes per game but I'd hate to see him eventually become our frontcourt workhorse. I'd like to see him more in a Dirk type role where he is somewhat protected.

I know the league has changed, and I know we paid him a lot, but I'd definitely hate to see him being thrown out there virtually on day one with the expectations of being our frontcourt blue collar workhorse. Powell will be expected to be that guy I know but he has limits against certain players.

That part of KP's game should be managed imo, not so much minutes. I've questioned all along whether Rick will have the proper tools to manage that part of KP's game to help mitigate risk.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-16-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #69
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

This was in the espn+ article
Mavs at number 7 spot in the West with 44 avg wins and 70% chance of making the playoffs above Portland.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #70
Underdog

SCHOOL’S IN SESSION: IT’S TIME FOR SEFKO’S TUTORIAL ABOUT MAVERICKS & THE SOUTHWEST DIVISION
https://www.mavs.com/schools-in-sess...west-division/
Old 08-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #71
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
SCHOOLíS IN SESSION: ITíS TIME FOR SEFKOíS TUTORIAL ABOUT MAVERICKS & THE SOUTHWEST DIVISION
https://www.mavs.com/schools-in-sess...west-division/
"And by the way, even though Barea is not yet signed, he will be soon and his minutes will be watched closely early in the season."

Wat.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #72
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"And by the way, even though Barea is not yet signed, he will be soon and his minutes will be watched closely early in the season."

Wat.
I doubt Barea will play until March/April, but sure.

Maybe Sefko knows something we dont?
Old 08-16-2019, 09:21 PM   #73
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Barea will still play but I hope his minutes are limited. He was thinking about playing for PR so I wouldn't be be surprised is he is back before 2020.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #74
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

(from reddit)
These sources are predicting Mavs in playoffs...
538's projections have Dallas going 45-37 and finishing as a 7th seed, two games behind the 6th seeded Lakers (47-35) and 2 games ahead the 8th/9th seeded Timberwolves/Pelicans (43-39).

Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report's projections have Dallas going 44-38 and finishing as an 8th seed, one game behind the 7th seeded Trail Blazers (45-37) and one game ahead of the 9th seeded Spurs (43-39).

ESPN
ESPN's projections have Dallas going 44-38 and finishing as a 7th seed, two games behind the 6th seeded Warriors (46-36) and four games ahead the 8th seeded Trail Blazers (40-42).
Old 08-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #75
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-picks-2019-20

9. Dallas Mavericks: 41-41
Old 08-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #76
SMC0007
Diamond Member

I think it's a coin toss or decided by health between Mavs and Spurs for the better record.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #77
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

Experts expect the best team in the WC to only have 54 wins?! Something is wrong with their picks.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #78
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

I gotta ask. How happy would everyone be if the Lakers did not make the playoffs this year? I'd be laughing hysterically.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #79
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Experts expect the best team in the WC to only have 54 wins?! Something is wrong with their picks.
The West is tough, but no one team is stacked enough to dominate the conference. Obviously things will shake out during the regular season, but as they stand I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of upsets in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I gotta ask. How happy would everyone be if the Lakers did not make the playoffs this year? I'd be laughing hysterically.
When you look at their roster, you can see just as many paths to the Lakers missing the playoffs as the Mavs... Which shouldn’t be the case, considering that they’re in win-now mode and we aren’t. I’d be right there laughing with you, especially if we took their place.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:51 AM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Don’t forget that western teams play 2/3 of their games against the west

It’s a meat grinder

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-22-2019 at 01:51 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote