Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sure IF, but it's still leaving those days on the table. We all have a damn good idea about what we have with Powell, Mejri and we know all we are going to know about Noel. It's just nature of the business that there's a chance that we end up leaving days on the table, which only bothers me because we have been so far from competing and we know what we got with the 4/5's already here. I would like to see how his game translates with our core and vs other nba talent.
I wouldn't worry about leaving days on the table -- Motley has somewhere around 36 days left on his contract with 68 more days left in the season.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #82
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wouldn't worry about leaving days on the table -- Motley has somewhere around 36 days left on his contract with 68 more days left in the season.
Maybe watching too many Legends games mixed with bad Mav games has given me a mild case of OCD.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Even if we were at the limit for his days. I thought we could just cut/buyout mcbob and then we'd be able to just convert mot's 2way into nba rookie salary. If he's playing as good as it seems I never thought the days were rly that important because we could just make room for him by converting his contract I thought.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-02-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Even if we were at the limit for his days. I thought we could just cut/buyout mcbob and then we'd be able to just convert mot's 2way into nba rookie salary. If he's playing as good as it seems I never thought the days were rly that important because we could just make room for him by converting his contract I thought.
This, plus we have 6 days until the trade deadline. At this point they're keeping McBob for salary-matching reasons. If they find a bidder, they trade him and free up a spot. If they don't, then they buy him out and free up the spot.

The trades or buy-outs will happen way before Motley's days are up.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@BallinWithBryan: Texas Legends center and Mavs two-way contract player Johnathan Motley and Legends power forward Jameel Warney have been named to the Midseason All-NBA G League team. NBA G League coaches, general managers, and players voted on the top performers.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 02-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #86
Underdog

@BallinWithBryan: Kyle Collinsworth recorded a triple-double for the Texas Legends tonight: 10 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists en route to a Legends win.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #87
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@BallinWithBryan: Texas Legends center and Mavs two-way contract player Johnathan Motley and Legends power forward Jameel Warney have been named to the Midseason All-NBA G League team. NBA G League coaches, general managers, and players voted on the top performers.
Why hasn't there been more talk about Warney getting a call up? I just found out about this guy last night on a Draft Express video.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #88
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Why hasn't there been more talk about Warney getting a call up? I just found out about this guy last night on a Draft Express video.
He was part of our Summer League team, probably just too raw still -- needed a year or two in the G-League.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #89
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Warney has been great in the g league and would probably be a solid nba player. He has been tagged as the ultimate tweener. If he were taller he would be in the same talk as motley or any other g league standout

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote