Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 33.33%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 66.67%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2020, 10:30 PM   #41
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
Before this game, he was shooting 51.1% overall and 46.7% on threes.
“Struggling”
Old 02-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #42
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf is happening
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:32 PM   #43
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I'm glad KP and Kleber are in together, but I'd really, really like to see some zone, please. It drives my crazy to see Kleber and KP outside the paint when somebody drives and we've got a small on them in the paint. :-/
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:33 PM   #44
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Five and a half minutes left in the quarter and the Mavs make their first basket. WTF
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #45
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Nice defense. KP in the paint on the low block for the defense. That's where I wish RC would have him play more on the defensive end. I'm just not a fan of bigs switching off and leaving the paint on D.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #46
turin
Diamond Member

great decision and pass by Luka to KP. :-)
Old 02-26-2020, 10:41 PM   #47
turin
Diamond Member

closing the game in a zone is so much more effective for the Mavs. Really liking the results. Nice job RC.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #48
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

C'mon Luka. One more rebound for your 21st triple before turning 21.

Last edited by OldWhiteGuy; 02-26-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Refs just calling everything on Luka
Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #50
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s an offensive foul on Luka?!
Old 02-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #51
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
C'mon Luka. One more rebound for your 21st triple before turning 21.
Ask and you shall receive! Tied for the most ever by a Maverick.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:52 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
That’s an offensive foul on Luka?!
that was a double bitch move of the refs vs Luka
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #53
OldWhiteGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
that was a double bitch move of the refs vs Luka
I hope Cuban never says another word publically about NBA officiating. He's put a target on the Mavs.

Having said that, the Mavs shot 30 free throws vs 19 for the Spurs. Would have been a lot more uneven of the refs had called the Spurs every time they fouled.

Last edited by OldWhiteGuy; 02-26-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #54
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to all

Quote:
I hope Cuban never says another word publically about NBA officiating. He's put a target on the Mavs.
Well, I would just double down and accuse them of punishing the Mavs over my previous comments. Call attention to the issue.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:07 PM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Having said that, the Mavs shot 30 free throws vs 19 for the Spurs. Would have been a lot more uneven of the refs had called the Spurs every time they fouled.
So the Refs are terrible but worse when you try to fix them? Mmmk.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:09 PM   #56
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Big difference in ball movement down the stretch. When we lost the lead Luka didn't go hero mode and we moved it pretty well overall. It's good to be on the other end of a run to close out a tight game regardless who it's against.

I don't typically harp on the refs but God they suck. Luka gets swiped and hammered every game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #57
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think it was Chuck Daly who used to tell his players to foul on every play until the ref started calling them. Refs don't want the game to become a free throw fest, even when it should be.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #58
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This was actually a really good win. We usually lose these blow the lead and can't clutch it type of games. Esp with a hurt Luka.

Hope this is a good omen going forward.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:39 PM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Big difference in ball movement down the stretch. When we lost the lead Luka didn't go hero mode and we moved it pretty well overall. It's good to be on the other end of a run to close out a tight game regardless who it's against.

I don't typically harp on the refs but God they suck. Luka gets swiped and hammered every game.
I hate to say it, but I think Luka is going to have to sell the calls more. It's either he flops, or he gets non call and possibly injured. What a choice...
Old 02-26-2020, 11:49 PM   #60
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Sorry but it's starting to get annoying when things don't go Luka's way he mopes around and doesn't get back on defense. Quit worrying so much about the refs and play basketball! I remember the year that Detroit beat L.A. in the finals and everyone on the Lakers was complaining constantly. Shaq was the only guy on the team that wasn't bitching and moaning and just played basketball. I respected him from that day forward.
True, but the bigger concern to me is that he gets pizzed and then gets his back up and tries to force it on defenders and ends up not looking to see if any team mates have a great look. This results in too many wasted possessions.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #61
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

is tonight's game worth watching? I had one helluva good night... I don't want to ruin it by watching a game with a boring win over a bad Spurs team.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #62
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
is tonight's game worth watching? I had one helluva good night... I don't want to ruin it by watching a game with a boring win over a bad Spurs team.
watch it, was fun and not boring
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:23 AM   #63
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That play at the end when Luka got the offensive foul. The Mavs were inbounding the ball and the one ref was just STARING at Luka the whole time. The ref looked vindicated that he could find something to call on Luka
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #64
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

In 33 minutes... I'm... 40. Can I hold off for another 2 hours and go by the time zone that I was actually born? Or can we even go by the actual time I was born on the day? Every minute counts!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #65
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
“Struggling”
Yep

He's struggled lately

Check his shooting over the 3 games it's far below those averages

That's what struggling lately means right?

I didn't say for the year I said lately....

And if truth be told I'd still rather have RB over him
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:01 AM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If only MKG had any semblance of an offensive game because his defense is definitely very good.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:10 AM   #67
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Random observation from watching the game live…

1) Luka is our best player, but KP is arguably our most important... he got us going in the first and absolutely anchors our defense... he allows our guys to close out hard on the perimeter and cheat a little bit just because of how well he moves his feet and contests shots

2) I would bet money that the Wright is not on the team next year. During timeouts he looks disinterested and usually sits away from the other teammates. He was visibly upset/frustrated with being pulled from the game several times.

3) When Carlisle reviewed that charge it was in large part because Barea kept screaming at him “review that shit” ��

4) When the goaltend was reviewed I did my part and screamed at the ref who made the call (all the way from by the three point line/ Mavs bench) “CAN THE REF BY THE BASKET MAKE THE CALL?!” prompting glances from a couple of the Mavs assistant coaches.

5) Luka plays the game beautifully but is still a kid. He’s emotional for sure. THJ is locked in and intense regardless of whether he’s on the floor or the bench. He was the only guy I saw looking at iPads/ plays during the game. KP is the most popular with the other Mavs. JJB and Lee do their jobs providing veteran leadership, but we could use one vocal leader.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:15 AM   #68
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Oh yeah one more:

Luka is definitely playing through nagging injuries. He gets extra work done before the game on his ankle/ legs and wears an ankle brace. He looks a step slow out there, and had a few charges where he typically would’ve gotten past his man or drawn a blocking call.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:34 AM   #69
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

For me minutes played by Lee are just minutes to help keep other Mavs healthy, not much more. Almost any player can do that, which is sad. Too bad he can't be moved. Also I think he's a likable player but moreso during practices, not during games.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:53 AM   #70
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yep

He's struggled lately

Check his shooting over the 3 games it's far below those averages

That's what struggling lately means right?

I didn't say for the year I said lately....

And if truth be told I'd still rather have RB over him
0-1
0-4
1-2

This is meaningful to you? You can't be this dumb. You operate a computer. You type on a keyboard.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:05 AM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

mike fisher ✭Fish
@fishsports
·
7h
A #Mavs ‘reporter’ who has no access - and makes no effort to have access - ripping hard-working reporters who have access and do the work? Queer strategy. But build your ‘brand,’ kid.

Anyone know what this is about? Fish only seems to tweet about the Cowboys. I don't go anywhere near that SI abomination. I thought he had abandoned Mavs coverage tbh.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #72
FreshJive
Diamond Member

NM found it. Radio guy made fun of Fish's click farm.

Jake Kemp
@NotJackKemp
EXCLUSIVE: player playing well would like some money and team he is playing well for would like him to play for them, if he is willing to play for them for the right amount of money
Quote Tweet

Dalton Trigg
@dalton_trigg
· 16h
Exclusive: Mavs and Tim Hardaway Jr. have mutual interest in a long-term extension.

“Obviously we can see him being around for a long time, and I know he wants to stay,” @mcuban tells http://DallasBasketball.com.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #73
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:

Jake Kemp
@NotJackKemp
EXCLUSIVE: player playing well would like some money and team he is playing well for would like him to play for them, if he is willing to play for them for the right amount of money
Quote Tweet

Dalton Trigg
@dalton_trigg
· 16h
Exclusive: Mavs and Tim Hardaway Jr. have mutual interest in a long-term extension.

“Obviously we can see him being around for a long time, and I know he wants to stay,” @mcuban tells http://DallasBasketball.com.
Can we just play out his contract? I think it would be more than a little helpful to see how he performs in the playoffs as well as a full season.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #74
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:

Agree, much better decision making and nice to see others involved down the stretch instead of standing around watching.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #75
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Jake Kemp
@NotJackKemp
Quote Tweet

Dalton Trigg
@dalton_trigg
· 16h

And it's funny because I had JUST mentioned keeping THJ long term...
Old 02-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #76
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
That play at the end when Luka got the offensive foul. The Mavs were inbounding the ball and the one ref was just STARING at Luka the whole time. The ref looked vindicated that he could find something to call on Luka
Yea. He was being held and wrestled the whole time. That ref watched it all

Old 02-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea. He was being held and wrestled the whole time. That ref watched it all
Those two straight offensive foul calls were the most crooked thing I've seen in a long time
Old 02-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #78
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Those two straight offensive foul calls were the most crooked thing I've seen in a long time
Right. I don't expect any different from NBA refs, but the replay angle showed that the ref was hyper focused on those 2 and it was 10 feet from him. Hell it should have been a foul before the inbound resulting in free throw.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #79
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

Jake Kemp
@NotJackKemp
Quote Tweet

Dalton Trigg
@dalton_trigg
· 16h

LOL I can't stand Mike Fisher.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #80
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Alright, what a truly awful display of officiating. The Mavs couldn't hit a shot there for a long stretch, let the Spurs crawl back a little, and the refs tried their hardest to make it interesting in the end.

Luka is getting so much contact thrown his way, up and down the court. The offensive fouls were complete horseshit and should have been called against the Spurs well in advance of both instances.

Overall though, the high pick with KP and Luka is setting up so many options for this offense. I do feel Luka had an off night in executing decision making out of it, but it is pretty easy offense when it clicks.

Also, eff Bellinelli and his lazy ass defense. There were a few times where Luka was just shy of a broken hand or finger or long absence due to swiping down after a blow by. I know Dirk used this as a go to, but never as haphazardly as the Spurs last night.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote