Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-11-2021, 02:56 AM   #81
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Nope he picked up 5 fouls early in the 4th and to my surprise RC just decided to ride WCS who played a helluva game on both ends of the floor BTW.

I wish him and KP could share the floor together more often
It seems like WCS has to prove himself in the moment to stay on the floor each game. I hope they come up with a way KP and WCS can be together. Other teams manage just fine.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:50 AM   #82
Julius

Julius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of lightJulius is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah! The streak is alive.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs now only 1.5 games behind Warriors for the 8 seed
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:22 AM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs now only 1.5 games behind Warriors for the 8 seed
Championship BABYYY!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #85
Dallas41
Golden Member

Dallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Championship BABYYY!!!!
I've been waiting for the teams in the Mavs division to fall off but San Antonio, Memphis, Houston and New Orleans have all proven they are going to compete hard every night and at the moment it doesn't appear any of them will tank.

It looks like the Mavs are going to be in uphill battle the rest of the year and they can't afford any more slip up's.

But I'm curious as to how the NBA's second half schedule which has not yet been released is going to work.

Do teams clinch playoff spots based on the 1st part of their schedule record wise or does it still remain the same as the current system and the 2nd part of the schedule is just flexible for makeup games?
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #86
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta Hawks point guard Trae Young was fined $20,000 on Thursday for directing inappropriate language toward a game official during the Hawks 118-117 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday.

Young was upset after what he thought was a foul on Willie Cauley-Stien late in the fourth quarter while the Hawks guard was trying to set a screen. The NBA ruled the play a correct no-call.

The NBA said Cauley-Stein "was entitled to a normal step on a screen from behind, which he took, and which led to incidental and legal contact between Cauley-Stein and Young."
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:06 AM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

D41. GD GDT!

Old 02-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #88
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Dallas is looking for their second 3 game winning streak of the season.

The Hawks have not played since Feb. 6, and with key rotation pieces out, this could bode well for them having to play their starters more.
Red flags! Mavs have a horrible history against undermanned teams.

Quote:
Kristaps Porzingis through 5 games in February Eyes

22.6 PPG
9.8 RPG
2.6 APG
2.2 BLK
96.0 FT%
47.6 FG%
35.8 3P%
Yep, definitely let's get rid of THAT guy!
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #89
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Who else enjoys seeing this move from KP?

Kristaps Porzingis dribble crossover pullup midrange jumper ����

Who is this confident player?

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/stat...w-time-channel
The guy who needed a little time to break back into form (which most were completely unwilling to give him).

Who here plays pickup basketball? (I haven't for years...O.L.D.). If you've been not playing for quite a while...doesn't it take you a bit to get back into form, get your legs under you, get your shot back and feel confident in it? For pretty much everyone, the answers to those are likely 'yes'. No different for KP.

Last edited by BigDog63; 02-12-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #90
Quantum

Quantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the roughQuantum is a jewel in the rough

I agree...and I am usually hard on pro athletes when it comes to injuries.

Sorry...dont feel like looking it up...but given his injuries and time to heel...I dont know how long dude was completely sidelined...as in couldnt walk(muscle deterioration).

Does seem like hes been hit every couple of years and hasnt had a strong 2 year run of being able to strengthen his legs.

Do the Mavs have time to wait and hope? Might be the only option given his contract.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:14 PM   #91
BigDog63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
FUCKKKKK! Appreciate the heads up. Im so sick of not being able to watch my local team on tv. This Sinclair/FSSW bs needs to get resolved. Im not switching cable providers to watch the Mavs/Stars.
Yep, in same boat. Miiigggghhhhttt switch but really don't want to have to, just for this. Only if it's actually better service/price overall (haven't done that analysis yet, currently use Frontier FIOS), AND then happens to get my FSSW.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:21 PM   #92
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Yep, in same boat. Miiigggghhhhttt switch but really don't want to have to, just for this. Only if it's actually better service/price overall (haven't done that analysis yet, currently use Frontier FIOS), AND then happens to get my FSSW.
I have Frontier as well. What a nightmare. I hope ratings are way down for all teams affected by this mess.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #93
SMC0007
Guru

AttNow deactivated my account for "fraud protection" to protect me. Without notice or calling me they just canceled. What a shit show.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #94
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
The guy who needed a little time to break back into form (which most were completely unwilling to give him).

Who here plays pickup basketball? (I haven't for years...O.L.D.). If you've been not playing for quite a while...doesn't it take you a bit to get back into form, get your legs under you, get your shot back and feel confident in it? For pretty much everyone, the answers to those are likely 'yes'. No different for KP.
The problem is were getting as advertised KP for a small portion of the season. Two years in a row missing games and needed to work his way back. Everyone knows you need time back to form. If it happens again next year with another knee injury/needing 20+ games to feel comfortable on the floor, better get what you can now.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:45 PM   #95
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

*jaw dislocates* Wow! That pass! That shot! Still... fire that coach! Fed up with Carlisle.