Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 20 (19?) - Mavs (8-10) at Jazz (14-4) 9:00 pm ESPN

Mavs play another game against the red-hot Jazz. Not exactly the team you want to play when you are licking your wounds and trying to figure it out again. Jazz have won 10 straight.

injury report
Kleber - Covid - still confirmed out
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
Dallas41
Golden Member

Dallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to behold

This game is on ESPN

Surely that should motivate the Mavs to come out and play hard combined with the fact that you've had team meetings and players yelling at each other.

I expect them to put up a physical fight tonight and play with a chip on their shoulders.

No way they sleep walk through this game right?
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Last time the Jazz lost was vs the Knicks. 11 games ago.

I can't imagine us winning this one, but I would love to see a different approach and a more tied together defensive effort by our Boys in Blue.

KP needs to hit another gear starting tonight, if he has one. It's time for him to start earning his money again.

I shook the magic 8 ball and asked if THJ was going to have a good game and the result was " It is certain".

Good luck everyone....with your....bottoms.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #4
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Last time the Jazz lost was vs the Knicks. 11 games ago.

I can't imagine us winning this one, but I would love to see a different approach and a more tied together defensive effort by our Boys in Blue.

KP needs to hit another gear starting tonight, if he has one. It's time for him to start earning his money again.

I shook the magic 8 ball and asked if THJ was going to have a good game and the result was " It is certain".

Good luck everyone....with your....bottoms.
KP has been too willing to take the easy way out lately. By that I mean settling for these really deep threes. He needs to get up to the three point line and either shoot a contested shot or drive, in either of which case, he has a chance to draw fouls. He's never going to draw fouls from five feet behind the line.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This game is on ESPN

Surely that should motivate the Mavs to come out and play hard combined with the fact that you've had team meetings and players yelling at each other.

I expect them to put up a physical fight tonight and play with a chip on their shoulders.

No way they sleep walk through this game right?
Statistically don't we usually play worse in nationally televised games?
Old 01-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
Dallas41
Golden Member

Dallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Statistically don't we usually play worse in nationally televised games?
Yes they have struggled on these National games but you have to think this team is pissed off right now.

I just don't see how they can come out flat without any energy after what happened that last game.

I'm a homer but I think KP is going to play is best game tonight
Old 01-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

It's game over if Mavs don't narrow the rebound deficit. I want to see KP, JJ, DFS, and JRich grab a total of 25+ boards tonight, team should be in low 40s. Players need to show more effort and RC needs to make adjustments from the previous debacle..
Old 01-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I fully don't expect them to win, but I would at least like to see a competitive game to show that they arent defeated.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
KP has been too willing to take the easy way out lately. By that I mean settling for these really deep threes. He needs to get up to the three point line and either shoot a contested shot or drive, in either of which case, he has a chance to draw fouls. He's never going to draw fouls from five feet behind the line.
Yea. Hopefully coach tightens things like that up a bit. I'd like to see KP get more assists as well.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I fully don't expect them to win, but I would at least like to see a competitive game to show that they arent defeated.
Problem is when you are defeated, you tend to check out when the going gets tough.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:20 PM   #11
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are dead last in 3 point %. Jazz have the 2nd highest, and are 3rd in attempts. Last game Jingles was 7-11 from 3.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Mavs are dead last in 3 point %. Jazz have the 2nd highest, and are 3rd in attempts. Last game Jingles was 7-11 from 3.
Joe Doncic

Old 01-29-2021, 06:33 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mitchell out as if that matters
Old 01-29-2021, 07:07 PM   #14
Dallas41
Golden Member

Quote:
I bet no one saw that coming with a roster that has Luka, THJ, KP, Brunson, Burke and Kleber.

They actually a few good mid range shooters in Luka, KP, Richardson and Brunson but unfortunately those guys usually defer that shot in order to take a 3-Pt shot instead.

Really like how the guy Clarkson mixes up his game in terms of shot selection.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:11 PM   #15
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Joe Doncic
Joe Doncic would be unstoppable.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:16 PM   #16
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I bet no one saw that coming with a roster that has Luka, THJ, KP, Brunson, Burke and Kleber.

They actually a few good mid range shooters in Luka, KP, Richardson and Brunson but unfortunately those guys usually defer that shot in order to take a 3-Pt shot instead.

Mavs are actually shooting the 10-16 foot shot as a high percentage of their attempts compared to other teams. They are tied for 8th. They are 10th in percentage of shots taken from three. 14th from 16- 3pt.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:22 PM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

.144 of attempts from 10-16 by the Grizzlies leads the league, and .132 of attempts from 16 to 3pt line by the Wizards leads that range, so the league is not taking many shots between 10 ft and the 3 line.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #18
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:

I saw that coming.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:54 PM   #19
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Sucks that we don't have a crowd there to boo them. That's the kind of motivation that our Mavs need.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:11 PM   #20
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really niceSimon2 is just really nice

Quote:
What happens if you take out THJs numbers?
Old 01-29-2021, 09:49 PM   #21
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Iíll give it a half but if itís looking like the last game, I canít subject myself to that on court negativity lol
Old 01-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Keep the deficit under 40
Old 01-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #23
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
What happens if you take out THJs numbers?
Tim is shooting 40%, so if you take out his numbers they get worse. Especially because he takes 8 a game.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

And that’s how you lose a game
Old 01-29-2021, 10:15 PM   #25
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Gobert 3 offensive rebounds already lmao
Old 01-29-2021, 10:17 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Well this one is over fast.

KP could be the most overrated and overpaid guy in the league
Old 01-29-2021, 10:19 PM   #27
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Lol yeah I’m not watching this shit again.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:21 PM   #28
Dallas41
Golden Member

Just can't stop anyone from driving.

Richardson was supposed to give us a better option vs the pg's out west but they still get anywhere they want on floor vs us.

Then the Mavs settle for way too many 3's and they wonder why they can get to the FT line.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ha! Yup. This one is over.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #30
Dallas41
Golden Member

Quote:
Well this one is over fast.

KP could be the most overrated and overpaid guy in the league
I agree

He came out playing soft again no post up's or drives
Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

Haven't started the game yet. Is it bad?

Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #32
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Hey KP step the fuck up on a pick
Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On pace to score 48 point in the whole game

And allow 108

So maybe the defense is okay
Old 01-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Haven't started the game yet. Is it bad?
To be fair the Mavs havenít started either
Old 01-29-2021, 10:24 PM   #35
Dallas41
Golden Member

That's how they should be playing getting KP's ass down on the block
Old 01-29-2021, 10:26 PM   #36
Dallas41
Golden Member

Yeah mavs let's try to outgun them with 3's
Old 01-29-2021, 10:26 PM   #37
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Why am I still watching lol
Old 01-29-2021, 10:27 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP is a b$&@
Old 01-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #39
Dallas41
Golden Member

What kind of defense are they playing where Brunson has to defend a 6'8 guy in the post
Old 01-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #40
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Gonna be hard to grab a rebound, if they can’t make them miss.