Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-26-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
tap2390
Platinum Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade Ideas/ Speculation 2020

Mentioned this in a game thread and figured it might deserve its own spot for discussion.

There's lots of noise regarding the Hawks moving on from John Collins. Apparently they don't want to pay him what he'll get as an RFA, especially with several large contracts (Capela, Gallinari, Bogdanovic) on the books and a highly touted rookie who plays the same position (Okongwu).

My suggestion is we trade Jalen Brunson and a filler (Iwundu) for Collins now. Brunson has an extremely team friendly deal for next season, and wouldn't require an extension until Rondo is off the books. The Mavs fill a sizable hole in their P&R game and get more flexibility with the Porzingis situation.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

On what planet are we getting Collins for Brunson?

Travis Schlenk isnt trading Collins to the Mavs, waaay too much potential for it to backfire again. He also doesnt let him walk to the Mavs in the FA if we give him an offer sheet. They match and trade him later if they dont like the contract.

And Okongwu looks like crap and was drafted too high anyway

Last edited by sefant77; 02-27-2021 at 06:23 PM.
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin O’Connor: I’ve heard two other teams that could be connected to JJ (Redick) and a potential trade and that’s Denver, and Dallas. – via Chris Vernon, Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant see it with redicks 13m salary. I dont think we are trading JJ for him because JJ has his place and value on this team.

But would be a sneaky good trade if they are dumping Powell for Redick. But they would have to add value and i also dont know why the Pelicans would do that.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-03-2021 at 11:07 PM.
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:20 PM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Malik Monk is RFA this offseason if I’m not mistaken. Looking like a young Lou Williams. Would anyone here roll the dice on him at 15m or so and let JRich walk? Would Charlotte match? The have Ball, Rozier, Graham. Maybe SnT?

Not saying I would do it, just curious what people think. THT from LaL is another interesting RFA.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #6
Dallas41
Golden Member

Dallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to behold

The Mavericks are one team interested in trading for Kevin Love, per
@ChrisFedor

They believe Love will help with their 3-point shooting and rebounding issues.

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Mavs are sniffing around what seems like a possible Cleveland Cavaliers’ fire sale, with Love among the targeted names.

Among the attractions: Love, in theory, would team nicely with All-Star Luka Doncic, would fix some of the problems this year’s Mavs have had with three-point shooting, and would cure some rebounding woes as well.

Fedor writes:

"A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit [than Andre Drummond] given the team's 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas' problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts—Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million)—that would help facilitate a deal."
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The Mavericks are one team interested in trading for Kevin Love, per
@ChrisFedor

They believe Love will help with their 3-point shooting and rebounding issues.

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Mavs are sniffing around what seems like a possible Cleveland Cavaliers’ fire sale, with Love among the targeted names.

Among the attractions: Love, in theory, would team nicely with All-Star Luka Doncic, would fix some of the problems this year’s Mavs have had with three-point shooting, and would cure some rebounding woes as well.

Fedor writes:

"A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit [than Andre Drummond] given the team's 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas' problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts—Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million)—that would help facilitate a deal."
IF he could stay healthy, huge if, I don’t doubt that Love could improve the team. But trading Hardaway for him is a non-starter for me. They’d have to take on Powell, Johnson and give us a pick or a young player we like. He makes 30m at age 34-35. He has two more years after this one on his contract. I’d do it if they give us Garland as well.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #8
Dallas41
Golden Member

Dallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to beholdDallas41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
IF he could stay healthy, huge if, I don’t doubt that Love could improve the team. But trading Hardaway for him is a non-starter for me. They’d have to take on Powell, Johnson and give us a pick or a young player we like. He makes 30m at age 34-35. He has two more years after this one on his contract. I’d do it if they give us Garland as well.
I actually find it funny because the Mavs feel as tough Drummond doesn't fit with KP.

Yet if the rumor is true what makes them think Love and KP would fit especially on defense?

But that seems so Mavs like always picky on the type of players that they want while actual contenders will just grab players with talent and figure it out later.

It's not even about the money for me, it's just the type of players the Mavs would typically go after as opposed to what they actually need on the roster year end and year out.

So, I could see Reddick or Love here after the deadline instead of a two way player who would fit the roster better.

Last edited by Dallas41; Today at 09:47 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:13 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

KP and Drummond fit on exactly one aide of the court (defense)

KP and Love fit on exactly one aide of the court (offense)

I don’t think I’d take either
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote