Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone making plans to go to any of Dirk's final games...(hypothetically)

I just purchased tickets to the Mavs final game of the season in San Antonio. While I hope Dirk finds a bit of a fountain of youth and decides not to retire at the end of the season...I'm planning as if he is. I think San Antonio is the absolutely perfect place to end his career after so many of their epic battles in the playoffs.. So, I'm going.. Anyone else?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

I looked at getting tickets for the last home game at Phoenix, but cheapest tickets I found are like $115 for nose bleeds. Not sure I’m ready to spend that kinda money for shitty seats. Dork is my all time favorite athlete, so I might pull the trigger.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

This last game you will always remember...but you wont remember the dozens and hundreds of times you blew 115 bucks with some other shit...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

I got tickets for the March 10th game against the Rockets. I can't wait to boo Harden every time he touches the ball. And I need Dirk to average about 13ppg until then so I can watch him pass Wilt in person.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Making plans right now, but it's a 7:00 game so I need to see what's up with work before buying tickets... Still deciding between the nosebleeds or something closer.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Might go tomorrow night's game vs the Pacers.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I was at Friday's game. No Luka and Dirk went 1-7 and even had a missed technical free throw

At least coach started him - no dammit that was the next game (on the second game of a back to back in Utah). F*ck Carlisle
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

Got tickets to:
Apr 2 vs Philadelphia
Apr 4 vs Minnesota

First Mavericks home games after being fan for now almost 22 years. Gonna be special.
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #9
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

I got to see him play at the Pelicanís game in Dec. 26th. Very limited minutes but I did see him play this season.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #10
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Ack, I'm jealous. We've got a 2 month old at the house, so I don't think my wife and I are going to be able to make it out to see Dirk one last time in person if he retires this year. :-(
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Dallas at Phoenix.

We were so bad, but it was Dirk’s first game back and my first time seeing Luka live after DnPs in the summer league.

Happy I did.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #12
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Might go tomorrow night's game vs the Pacers.
One last live look at that magical headband.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
One last live look at that magical headband.
Just bought my ticket. It will be...magical...*tear*
Old 02-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #14
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just bought my ticket. It will be...magical...*tear*
Iíll be rooting for him to toss it to you.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #15
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Iíll be rooting for him to toss it to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yak...ature=youtu.be
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #16
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Today's my birthday... a ticket to that game would be an incredible gift. Too bad I don't have the right friends.

I'll definitely be tuning in at least. Dirk may not be the most exciting player, but he's the best player to have played for the Mavericks. He's also the best person. He's really spoiled all of us. I feel very lucky as a fan.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #17
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

@sefant77 Gotta love Carlton.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #18
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I just purchased tickets to the Mavs final game of the season in San Antonio. While I hope Dirk finds a bit of a fountain of youth and decides not to retire at the end of the season...I'm planning as if he is. I think San Antonio is the absolutely perfect place to end his career after so many of their epic battles in the playoffs.. So, I'm going.. Anyone else?
Road trip? I totally wish I could go. That sounds like so much fun, and that is the perfect place for his career to end. I just hope he surprises us by signing on for another season... or two.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #19
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I looked at getting tickets for the last home game at Phoenix, but cheapest tickets I found are like $115 for nose bleeds. Not sure Iím ready to spend that kinda money for shitty seats. Dork is my all time favorite athlete, so I might pull the trigger.
BPo001, I always bought nicer seats for myself, but a friend bought nosebleed seats for a game... and while I was initially disappointed I was in total disbelief about how good those seats still were. There isn't a single bad seat in that arena, I swear. They designed it very well.

So if you want to be there for his final home game, then I say don't worry about the fact that you'll be in the nosebleeds. You'll still have fun all the way up there.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:38 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Tickets purchased, sitting right by the visitor's tunnel... Hoping to slap Dirk a five on his way out.

Gonna be weird sitting in a sea of black & silver, but I'm thinking it'll be a different vibe than in the past.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-27-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Road trip? I totally wish I could go. That sounds like so much fun, and that is the perfect place for his career to end. I just hope he surprises us by signing on for another season... or two.
I bought 3 tickets...have to decide who I'm taking..
Old 02-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #22
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-one-more-year

Be careful not to overpay
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #23
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of light

I have tickets to the Spurs game in Dallas on March 12.

Still trying to decide whether I buy tickets for the final home game vs Phoenix. I would pay whatever it costs to be in the building for Dirk's last game in Dallas, but what if he comes back next year?
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #24
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

Quote:
I bought 3 tickets...have to decide who I'm taking..
For Dirk's sake, it won't be his final game. He definitely wants one more playoff run.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #25
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Tickets purchased, sitting right by the visitor's tunnel... Hoping to slap Dirk a five on his way out.

Gonna be weird sitting in a sea of black & silver, but I'm thinking it'll be a different vibe than in the past.
I've been to a lot of Mavs/Spurs games and a lot of Spurs games in general now that I live in San Antonio. Spurs fans are the worst, no doubt. They display the exact opposite of the class their organization has generally shown since Bruce Bowen retired. But I suspect even they will be respectful if this is really Dirk's last game.

Either way, I expect there to be a lot of Mavs fans there.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah, I have a feeling the Spurs will be very, very respectful of Dirk...
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #27
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

Quote:
Yeah, I have a feeling the Spurs will be very, very respectful of Dirk...
Why not? Not like Dirk had 5 rings and they had 1. Not a diss on Dirk at all, but they shouldn't be hating on him at all. Dirk probably elevated them to another level. Would they have had such a long run of 50 game win seasons if it were not for the success of Dirk and the Mavs?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #28
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Why not? Not like Dirk had 5 rings and they had 1. Not a diss on Dirk at all, but they shouldn't be hating on him at all. Dirk probably elevated them to another level. Would they have had such a long run of 50 game win seasons if it were not for the success of Dirk and the Mavs?
Yes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yes.
Yeah, I was about to say. If anything, they probably have 6 rings instead of 5, because if we don't beat them in 2006, they probably win it that year.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yeah, I was about to say. If anything, they probably have 6 rings instead of 5, because if we don't beat them in 2006, they probably win it that year.
I think the Spurs organization has a tremendous amount of respect for Dirk.. I'm sure many of the fans respect Dirk in a similar manner to which many Mavs fans respect Duncan... That's why I'm pretty pumped about going to that game.. even if Dirk does decide to return, I think it'll be pretty special seeing the love that he gets from the Spurs/Pop and the crowd.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #31
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really nice

If Dirk returns at this point it's going to be the biggest s show in sports. He does not belong on a nba basketball court anymore. Next year hopefully the focus is winning for a change. Dirk being on the floor doesn't help that at his age. I can't imagine him playing at another year older.
This year has been the perfect send off for him.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:12 AM   #32
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Planning to catch one home game this March.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #33
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

If this does turn out to be Dirk's final season, and the Mavs continue to play like they have the last 2 games, then I'm not going to feel as bad about not getting to see him in person one last time. I'm really hoping he comes back next season, and I think there is a better than even chance if his ankle improves. That would be ideal. The Mavs would be significantly better, and seeing Dirk would be an added bonus. As it is now, with the raging dumpster fire that is the Mavs offense atm, it feels like Dirk is more of a sideshow attraction to keep people interested during blowouts. :-( He deserves better.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Ill be at his (potentially) last game in Portland later this month. It's going to be very bittersweet.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #35
Underdog

Wish I could be at the game today, but I'll definitely be at his final game in SA tomorrow... Glad I got my tickets back in February, they're more than twice as expensive now.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #36
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still debating. I hate the idea of sitting in the upper bowl and just won't spend good money to sit close enough to the tank. That said, I don't think it will be his last home game honestly.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I managed corner platinum for 200 a piece.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #38
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

:-(
Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #39
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
I managed corner platinum for 200 a piece.
Damn son.. Well hopefully for all our fellow members and mffls something special happens tonight!

Old 04-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Damn son.. Well hopefully for all our fellow members and mffls something special happens tonight!
I only went to few games this season, so I was able to splurge a little. And come on...Dirk. Worth every penny.