Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 50.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 3 37.50%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #121
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Was suprised RC didn’t challenge that charge against Brunson. It all worked out but that was a terrible call. Brunson has come to complete stop and Oladipo just fell over? That’s such shoddy officiating.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #122
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, quality win against a quality team -- I thought for sure we would lose this one... Hell, Brogdon didn't even kill us like I thought he would. Sometimes it's good to be wrong.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #123
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of lighttgfan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Was suprised RC didnít challenge that charge against Brunson. It all worked out but that was a terrible call. Brunson has come to complete stop and Oladipo just fell over? Thatís such shoddy officiating.
Well, for some reason, NBA refs seem to be of the opinion that if a player falls down, it has to be a foul.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wish WCS had gotten more minutes though. Playing KP and Kleber that many minutes short handed is in the dangerous zone. Can't afford to lose either of them.

But we won, so gravy train!
Old 02-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #125
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Was suprised RC didnít challenge that charge against Brunson. It all worked out but that was a terrible call. Brunson has come to complete stop and Oladipo just fell over? Thatís such shoddy officiating.
Speaking of Oladipo, dude was straight-trash tonight. He shot 1-10 from beyond the arc and did a whole lotta nuthin. That flop was easily his best play of the game.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #126
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, THJ played an efficient game, and DoDo had himself a nice double-double... Nobody else scored double digit points and we still got the W.
Tough shooting night for Maxi and Broekhoff. Very uncharacteristic combined 2 for 13 from beyond the arc.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #127
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Itís also nice to see THJ get 5 assists. An improvement for him.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #128
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
Tough shooting night for Maxi and Broekhoff. Very uncharacteristic combined 2 for 13 from beyond the arc.
Yeah, I think Broek still needs to find his legs after the injury -- his shot is a bit flat right now.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #129
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Yíall need to tap the brakes on making Porzingis the first option after a few nights without Luka. He made 6 3s. He only had one season over 20ppg for a shitty team before the Mavs.
You don't think KP could be a legit #1 option if given more opportunities to be the lead dog?

I know that Knicks team suckef but he was an all star player for them and did show franchise player tendencies

It's not his fault Knicks management sucked

I also want to be perfectly clear that I'm not saying KP is better than luka individually

I just believe the mavs will be better off as a team if Luka became more of our steve nash and KP played more of the Dirk role.

Nash is still HOF so asking Luka to play that role and take a slight step back in order for KP to flourish more would be great for this team .

Lebron is doing the same thing for A.Davis

I just don't think this team is a playoff threat if KP continues to take a back seat to Luka

Look at our 4th qtr offensive set plays utilizing KP much more productive as opposed to always relying on Luka to go ISO and settle for a late step back 3

Luka can get his anytime he wants but as someone else pointed out we might be better served with him avg less points but more assist in that Nash role
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
The biggest concern, at least on a smaller scale, is Barea who really looked like he had an Achilles injury tonight. Hit a big three, but wasn't good otherwise.

I mention that because we all have to be realistic about Dwight Powell next season.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #131
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Speaking of Oladipo, dude was straight-trash tonight. He shot 1-10 from beyond the arc and did a whole lotta nuthin. That flop was easily his best play of the game.
Oladipo basically shot them out of the game tonight. Straight chuckiní from deep.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #132
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
KP feasted tonight!!
His rebounding also picks up which shows he is capable of getting 25 and 10 every night when he's locked in and engaged throughout the game.

I'm not sure why he tends to zone out or play less aggressive when the team is fully healthy but this stretch of games and the stretch back in December should be pounded in his head this is the All star KP that the team needs

He could be as good as Anthiny Davis if he just stops being tentative when playing with Luka
Old 02-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #133
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really nice

I think we're seeing a pattern that KP is not KP with Luka. I hope it gets figured out eventually or we would have to trade KP, not that I want to but using KP as a 3 point shooter is a waste. Wonder what kind of package we could get in return for KP.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:02 PM   #134
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

I don’t know what the solution is, but I agree we need this Porzingis with Luka on the floor... some ideas:

1) stagger their minutes so they each get a significant amount of minutes where they’re the focal point (a la CP3 / Harden Rockets)

2) run the offense through KP (elbow post area) at the start of the shot clock, have Luka space the floor
Old 02-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
The biggest concern, at least on a smaller scale, is Barea who really looked like he had an Achilles injury tonight. Hit a big three, but wasn't good otherwise.

I mention that because we all have to be realistic about Dwight Powell next season.
Dwight Powell, like Barea, is done -- achilles injuries are no joke... I think everyone is going to be shocked to see how much a guy like Durant falls off too, but unlike Powell, Durant at least has a shot that he can depend on (although so did Wes Matthews, and we all know how he turned out). Guys who depend on their athleticism & quickness like Barea and Powell never look the same after this kind of injury.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #136
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
You don't think KP could be a legit #1 option if given more opportunities to be the lead dog?

I know that Knicks team suckef but he was an all star player for them and did show franchise player tendencies

It's not his fault Knicks management sucked

I also want to be perfectly clear that I'm not saying KP is better than luka individually

I just believe the mavs will be better off as a team if Luka became more of our steve nash and KP played more of the Dirk role.

Nash is still HOF so asking Luka to play that role and take a slight step back in order for KP to flourish more would be great for this team .

Lebron is doing the same thing for A.Davis

I just don't think this team is a playoff threat if KP continues to take a back seat to Luka

Look at our 4th qtr offensive set plays utilizing KP much more productive as opposed to always relying on Luka to go ISO and settle for a late step back 3

Luka can get his anytime he wants but as someone else pointed out we might be better served with him avg less points but more assist in that Nash role
I see Luka as more Lebron than Nash, and I donít see Porzingis being on ADís level. Luka is averaging 29 ppg in only his second season. Porzingis has never been near that. Lebron is taking a back seat to Davis, because heís old. He still only averages a point less than him, and seven more assists, so heís still the lead dog in that offense.

I agree that they need to get him more involved, and the team obviously needs to find better shots at the end of games, but I donít think that means making Porzingis the lead playmaker on offense.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #137
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

It’s still very early in this thing. No need to come to any conclusions, yet. I know I said this before, but of course Porzingis is likely to score more points, and get more rebounds in a competitive game, that Luka isn’t playing in. So is THJ, or Brunson, or whoever else gets the touches.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #138
Underdog

Quote:
I see Luka as more Lebron than Nash, and I don’t see Porzingis being on AD’s level. Luka is averaging 29 ppg in only his second season. Porzingis has never been near that. Lebron is taking a back seat to Davis, because he’s old. He still only averages a point less than him, and seven more assists, so he’s still the lead dog in that offense.

I agree that they need to get him more involved, and the team obviously needs to find better shots at the end of games, but I don’t think that means making Porzingis the lead playmaker on offense.
I'm not sure you have to make KP the lead playmaker, so much as you have to TRY to make him the lead playmaker... Luka will get his anyway, so why not put more focus on the guy who doesn't have the ball in his hands at the beginning of every possession?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #139
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure you have to make KP the lead playmaker, so much as you have to TRY to make him the lead playmaker... Luka will get his anyway, so why not put more focus on the guy who doesn't have the ball in his hands at the beginning of every possession?
If you just mean you have to try to get him more involved, I agree, but are you saying they should make it the plan to go away from their best option on a consistent basis?
Old 02-03-2020, 10:38 PM   #140
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Crap, Barea sprained his ankle.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:48 PM   #141
Dallas41

Quote:
Itís still very early in this thing. No need to come to any conclusions, yet. I know I said this before, but of course Porzingis is likely to score more points, and get more rebounds in a competitive game, that Luka isnít playing in. So is THJ, or Brunson, or whoever else gets the touches.
I think it's the way KP is scoring and rebounding

His points look more efficient as opposed to just camping out at the 3 point line and hoisting only 3's

He's being used on mid range plays, low post and attacking off the dribble

Those types of plays just aren't happening when he shares the floor.

Dude had 12 Fts tonight and it should have been 15 had he not had the 3pt foul over turned

So yes he's obviously going to score without luka but it's the efficient way he's doing it. The entire offensive structure changes as to how he gets his points.

I truly believe KP can be a legit #1 option in some similar ways as Jokic if you just run offense through him more.

And when I compare Luka to Nash I'm talking about in terms of becoming more of a facilitator as opposed to scorer. Nash was still a very productive scorer and he could take over games when needed but I think Nash was good for Dirks confidence and allowed him to be the #1 option.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:56 PM   #142
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win in Indy.

DFS 15pt,11rb,4ast and THJ 25pt,4rb,5 ast... great all around games.

KP with another breakthrough performance. Is he coming alive, or is it that Luka is out? Probably both.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #143
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Good win in Indy.

DFS 15pt,11rb,4ast and THJ 25pt,4rb,5 ast... great all around games.

KP with another breakthrough performance. Is he coming alive, or is it that Luka is out? Probably both.
Well he came alive the last time Luka was out too. Then when Luka came back, he went back to being a 3 point shooter.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:21 PM   #144
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDon View Post
Well he came alive the last time Luka was out too. Then when Luka came back, he went back to being a 3 point shooter.
Not quite this alive, but yea... They gotta figure that out!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:32 PM   #145
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I see Luka as more Lebron than Nash, and I don’t see Porzingis being on AD’s level. Luka is averaging 29 ppg in only his second season. Porzingis has never been near that. Lebron is taking a back seat to Davis, because he’s old. He still only averages a point less than him, and seven more assists, so he’s still the lead dog in that offense.

I agree that they need to get him more involved, and the team obviously needs to find better shots at the end of games, but I don’t think that means making Porzingis the lead playmaker on offense.
Lebron deferring to others like AD came to my mind immediately also. He defers until he's really needed, then he turns it up a notch and takes over. This is the route that I'd like to see Luka take as he develops. Yes, he can almost get to the rim at will, but he needs the rest of the team to play the entire game with him, too.

I don't think that KP needs to necessarily be the lead playmaker. That's still Luka, but I think the Mavs would be significantly better if early in the shot clock, the team started passing the ball. KP has good hands and looks to be a pretty good passer. I see nothing wrong with tossing the ball to him early in the shot clock and then letting him decide on whether to kick it back out or make a move towards the rim, out of which he could still kick it out to an open shooter. The offense would have a whole lot more "flow" to it compared to Luka's 15 seconds of dribbling followed by iso-penetration. Yeah, he's awesome at it, but the less he uses it, the harder for the opponent to adjust. I'd rather he keep some of those drives in his back pocket for down the stretch to close games. Many people talk about another facilitator on offense, and KP might be that guy if given the opportunity. I think KP distributing it from 7'3" out of the post is a nice complement to what Luka brings to the table.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2020 at 11:35 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #146
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDon View Post
When Luka is dominating the ball at the point like he can, KP becomes the tallest shooting guard on the planet. Hopefully, RC can get a handle on this. This team can go to a whole different level integrating WCS in the middle and unlocking the key to KP. If RC can do this, then I'd bet on us making it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs providing we stay healthy. We are still thin at the 5, since RC refuses to give Bobi any minutes. We really need another big that he'll actually play in a game. There are too many minutes in a game to be split between only 3 players - KP, WCS, and Maxi. They are going to wear down without another bigger body out there to help carry the load.

Last edited by turin; 02-03-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #147
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I think it's the way KP is scoring and rebounding

His points look more efficient as opposed to just camping out at the 3 point line and hoisting only 3's

He's being used on mid range plays, low post and attacking off the dribble

Those types of plays just aren't happening when he shares the floor.

Dude had 12 Fts tonight and it should have been 15 had he not had the 3pt foul over turned

So yes he's obviously going to score without luka but it's the efficient way he's doing it. The entire offensive structure changes as to how he gets his points.

I truly believe KP can be a legit #1 option in some similar ways as Jokic if you just run offense through him more.

And when I compare Luka to Nash I'm talking about in terms of becoming more of a facilitator as opposed to scorer. Nash was still a very productive scorer and he could take over games when needed but I think Nash was good for Dirks confidence and allowed him to be the #1 option.
+1

Brad Stevens said it best when KP was in his 2nd year...."Porzingis has a chance to be special, very very few players in this league have a chance to be special"......the injury put him a back a bit but the way the game is played today, his floor spacing, the way he block shots, effects shots, discourages opponents from even driving to the basket. Hes a good 1 on 1 defender, hes an exceptional help defender....he has his weaknesses, hes not physically strong, hurts him on defense in the post and when he tries to finish, but the good far outweigh the bad....I think he has a chance to be a great player, hes already really good. him and Luka will figure it out together. the sky is the limit.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:20 AM   #148
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
When Luka is dominating the ball at the point like he can, KP becomes the tallest shooting guard on the planet. Hopefully, RC can get a handle on this. This team can go to a whole different level integrating WCS in the middle and unlocking the key to KP. If RC can do this, then I'd bet on us making it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs providing we stay healthy. We are still thin at the 5, since RC refuses to give Bobi any minutes. We really need another big that he'll actually play in a game. There are too many minutes in a game to be split between only 3 players - KP, WCS, and Maxi. They are going to wear down without another bigger body out there to help carry the load.
Speaking of bigs

WCS only played 6 minutes tonight. He had that one stretch and the Mavs never went back to him.

But here's some positives tonight with playing a big front line of KP, Kleber and DFS all over 30 minutes

Mavericks destroyed the Pacers in the rebounding department (51-40) and were the aggressors all night as they made 23 trips to the free-throw line, making 22, which was twice as many as the Pacers shot.

Those numbers are the reason why I hate small ball for this team because we lose our advantage on the boards when we fall in love with our little lineups and it takes away 2nd chance points.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:23 AM   #149
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

It is almost a certainty that Dwight is done as an impact player, his game is complete built on his athleticism.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:25 AM   #150
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dwight Powell, like Barea, is done -- achilles injuries are no joke... I think everyone is going to be shocked to see how much a guy like Durant falls off too, but unlike Powell, Durant at least has a shot that he can depend on (although so did Wes Matthews, and we all know how he turned out). Guys who depend on their athleticism & quickness like Barea and Powell never look the same after this kind of injury.
This is what concerns me the most about Luka. His style of play, along with his size, make him very vulnerable to an Achilles injury.

Hope I’m wrong but I’ll be shocked if Luka doesn’t have some type of an Achilles injury during his career. Tennis and basketball players are susceptible to this type of injury because of the sudden starts and stops on a hard surface.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-04-2020 at 03:26 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:34 AM   #151
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
This is what concerns me the most about Luka. His style of play, along with his size, make him very vulnerable to an Achilles injury.

Hope Iím wrong but Iíll be shocked if Luka doesnít have some type of an Achilles injury during his career. Tennis and basketball players are susceptible to this type of injury because of the sudden starts and stops on a hard surface.
There are so many factors. Biological Age, anatomic variations, muscle strength, G + E weight, environmental conditions, shoes, surface, training errors, nutrition, tendon temperature (blood supply), flexibility, etc. It doesn't just happen because of style of play and weight, otherwise LeBron would have already tore his like a dozen times. So in conclusion, there is no reason to fear this, it can happen to anyone, but it's not a very likely injury, an ACL is much more likely to happen for example.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:10 AM   #152
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

We made 18 3 pointers
KP and THJr scored 63 points tonight..

Chuck Cooperstein@coopmavs
There is no one who has improved his 3pt shooting from last yr to this more than DFS. Nearly 8% better to 39%. With the way he guards and rebounds, there may not be a better value player in @NBA

Porzings in a win over the Pacers - 38 PTS, 12 REB, 6/13 3P, 12/12 FTA

Porzingis got his 15th Double Double of the season in his 38th game.

Porzingis hit all 12 free throw attempts tonight, the most without a miss by any Mav since Dirk in 2014. The last Maverick (non-Dirk division) to make 12+ on 100% shooting was Josh Howard in 2008.

The only players in Mavs history with back-to-back games with at least 35 points and 10 rebounds: Dirk, Doncic, and now Porzingis.

Mark @MFollowill: "And you've got Broekhoff! Back to back steals!
Ryan from Accounting. Moving things over to Accounts Receivable."
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #153
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
It is almost a certainty that Dwight is done as an impact player, his game is complete built on his athleticism.
Heís still young and can add to his game. He may not be the high flyer catching libs, but can still roll and get in good position for a pass. He still has time to work on his jump shot too. We know heís a hard worker. I wouldnít put him out to pasture yet.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #154
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Heís still young and can add to his game. He may not be the high flyer catching libs, but can still roll and get in good position for a pass. He still has time to work on his jump shot too. We know heís a hard worker. I wouldnít put him out to pasture yet.
Heís out to the pasture imo. Unfortunately he has a multi year deal so hopefully we can get something from him off the bench moving forward.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #155
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
He’s still young and can add to his game. He may not be the high flyer catching libs, but can still roll and get in good position for a pass. He still has time to work on his jump shot too. We know he’s a hard worker. I wouldn’t put him out to pasture yet.
I think that more than likely he's done. He was a weak defender, weak rebounder, who had hops. Even if he came back 100%, I'd still prefer WCS over him, and I doubt if he makes it back to 80%. I wish him the best though. If he can make a pretty good recovery, then he might be a good situational player off the bench for depth. If not, he's got a nice, decent-sized, guaranteed contract. Everybody talks about how great he is in the community. He can always start a foundation and continue that work when basketball is no longer an option for him. He might even be a prospective coach with his personality and work ethic. He seems like a bright guy to me, so he won't be without options inside or outside of basketball.

Last edited by turin; 02-04-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #156
Dallas41

KP's number at the PF spot and why we need to groom WCS to play more minutes down the road

Owner Mark Cuban took a calculated risk in acquiring frontcourt mate Kristaps Porzingis, who's beginning to find his fit with Doncic, ranking in the 93rd percentile in efficiency differential when playing the 4. He has also shot supremely well when playing next to a traditional 5, converting in the 98th percentile at the rim and 89th percentile from three.

Porzingis continues to struggle when covering the 5 but will ascend as a shot-blocker and difference-maker on the defensive end, according to FiveThirtyEight.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #157
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KP's number at the PF spot and why we need to groom WCS to play more minutes down the road

Owner Mark Cuban took a calculated risk in acquiring frontcourt mate Kristaps Porzingis, who's beginning to find his fit with Doncic, ranking in the 93rd percentile in efficiency differential when playing the 4. He has also shot supremely well when playing next to a traditional 5, converting in the 98th percentile at the rim and 89th percentile from three.

Porzingis continues to struggle when covering the 5 but will ascend as a shot-blocker and difference-maker on the defensive end, according to FiveThirtyEight.
538's other predictions:

Clinton beats Trump
49ers have a 95% chance of winning the Superbowl
Old 02-05-2020, 01:11 PM   #158
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:

So, I assume that Powell is the traditional 5 that is being referenced here?