Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 20.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 40.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 2 40.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2020, 11:54 PM   #121
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
underrated parts of last nights game...
Seth Curry's passing
RYAN BROEKHOFF's activity - dude is always around the ball - had 9 reb, 4 asts in 16 min.
Yes Broekhoff's defense is also probably underrated but he needs to play more to know for sure. He definitely gets around.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 11:56 PM   #122
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
and don't forget about that fast break where he kicked out for an open 3 instead of going in for a layup. RC should love that.

Also, I don't buy the fact that players need more time for RC to get comfortable with them in his system. He's way too inconsistent applying this if that's the case imo. Jalen Brunson isn't that great, and I'd argue he's played a heck of a lot of minutes more than he should have, and it's probably in the name of "growth" and "development." WTH? Shouldn't this apply to everybody and not just small guards? In light of the fact that everybody keeps repeating the fact that the Mavs are exceeding expectations and RC doesn't care about regular season wins but is more interested in the playoffs, I'd expect him to do the opposite of what he does with newer players and their playing time.
I agree fully regarding JB. Luka's impact on this season and the team's performance beyond all expectations have really exposed Jalen Brunson and Delon Wright. I think it is clear that this team desperately needs a secondary playmaker who is experienced enough to hold his own in high-pressure situations and the playoffs and commonly take the ball out of Luka's hands. He doesn't have to score much, but he must be a great ballhandler and passer and can seamlessly fit RC's system. These players are not easy to come by and perhaps none were available in this window.
But think of this for a moment:
If you ship out Delon Wright, Jalen Brunson, Justin Jackson (and perhaps Boban) and bring in Goran Dragic, this team becomes a top five team in the league. Just like that and even at the end of this year with Luka and KP both healthy and assuming KP continues his slow but clearly upward performance climb.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #123
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of light

Mavs need to start taking care of business against bad teams. They had a schedule stretch that included 17 of 23 games against bad teams. One would think, then, that they should go 17-6 or better in that stretch. Already lost 2, and against pretty bad teams. If they want to be relevant in the playoffs and get a fourth seed, they need to beat these teams.
Conversely...maybe Mavs would be better in playoffs on the road?
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #124
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Mavs need to start taking care of business against bad teams. They had a schedule stretch that included 17 of 23 games against bad teams. One would think, then, that they should go 17-6 or better in that stretch. Already lost 2, and against pretty bad teams. If they want to be relevant in the playoffs and get a fourth seed, they need to beat these teams.
Conversely...maybe Mavs would be better in playoffs on the road?
I agree with this I read somewhere that the mavs would be like 2nd seed in the west had they not struggled with some of these teams under. 500

Obviously, you can't win every game but some of these bad losses to teams like new york could have you ending up playing the Lakers or clippers in the 1st round as opposed to the jazz or rockets for example.

I hated seeing Memphis beat Washington yesterday but that wizzards team is terrible and the mavs lack of defense allowed them to win that game
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote