Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 01:42 AM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryan Broekhoff Appreciation Thread

Sucks to see him go, but they're paying Lee too much to cut him (plus he's been playing better lately), and Justin Jackson is under contract for $5m next season... Still, we just lost a high-character guy who shot over 40% from downtown over the last two season, plus his defense & rebounding are solid. MKG better be worth it.

Gonna miss The Accountant.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2020 at 01:51 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2020, 01:49 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@RBroekhoff45: Been a pleasure. Thank you to the dallasmavs for the opportunity. Thank you to the fans for all your support. Thank you coaches who have helped guide me and a special thank you to all my teammates. Enjoyed everyday… https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ajcwch...d=4qoi98stj9fu

Old 02-11-2020, 01:50 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Damn
Old 02-11-2020, 03:17 AM   #4
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

I don't get this move....

All summer we were supposed to trade Lee

Now all of sudden they are letting RB go...

If you just got a big wing defender why do you need Lee?

RB gives you a end of the bench shooter
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:30 AM   #5
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

A co-worker of mine is a huge Broekhoff fan. I cannot imagine how disappointed he'll be in this move. He's been mad at Rick for not playing him more.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:46 AM   #6
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

Because contracts in this league are guaranteed... That's not a concern when you trade a guy -- but when you waive them? I'm guessing it was a lot easier for Mark Cuban to swallow Broekhoff's $1.4m than Lee's $12.7m. That's a lot of money to put in a bag and set on fire.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2020 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:00 AM   #7
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

WTF? This was beyond stupid. Why in the hell wouldn't you waive Lee? He's eating both contracts either way.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:11 AM   #8
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Sad for him and his family. I bet delivering that news was tough for Donnie.
Great guy. I always liked his activity off the ball.
It will be interesting to see if another team picks him up.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:00 AM   #9
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Sad for him and his family. I bet delivering that news was tough for Donnie.
Great guy. I always liked his activity off the ball.
It will be interesting to see if another team picks him up.
I bet he gets picked up quickly. Lee on the other hand would not get picked up if he was waived. This is frustratingly dumb.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:33 AM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure a team would pick up Lee. Emergency defense, shooting and high character.

They chose Ryan because he wont be back in the summer. If we dont trade the picks we need two new roster spots, thats Lee and RB. They may like to keep WCS longterm as Boban replacement. I also dont see Barea retiring...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yeah, this is stupid imo. Then again, the Mavs wasted him on the bench the better part of the beginning of the season when hardly anybody could hit a 3, then he plays a little, does what he does well - make some 3's, then everybody's all freaking out when he breaks that bone in his leg because he's not available to play. Fast forward a few weeks, and he's released. WTF? Bi-polar at its finest. SMH

Edit: The Mavs should've just released WCS and played 6'6" Broekhoff at the 5. He fits their size preference and style, and he's both a better rebounder and 3-pt shooter than Powell. :-O

Last edited by turin; 02-11-2020 at 08:52 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #12
Underdog

I wonder if we bring him back this summer after Lee walks?

Old 02-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #13
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Iíd imagine they try and bring him back to round out the bench if they can. Seemed to be well liked.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Broekhoff has the worst on-court opponent points per 100 possessions

117.2 pts per 100
Old 02-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #15
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Iíd imagine they try and bring him back to round out the bench if they can. Seemed to be well liked.
My guess is he will be picked up shortly. Guy was a hustler out there. What he lacked in athletic ability he made up for in hustle. So a guy that hits 40% 3s and is not a complete defensive liability. He will be picked up fast. This is unbelievably stupid. This reeks of Cuban calling the shots again.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:54 AM   #16
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Broekhoff has the worst on-court opponent points per 100 possessions

117.2 pts per 100
He is not a good defender. He's not the worst in the NBA. I've watched him a lot of defense. He moves his feet pretty well and was always hustling. This is one of those cherry picked numbers that doesn't tell the whole story.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
My guess is he will be picked up shortly. Guy was a hustler out there. What he lacked in athletic ability he made up for in hustle. So a guy that hits 40% 3s and is not a complete defensive liability. He will be picked up fast. This is unbelievably stupid. This reeks of Cuban calling the shots again.
Well, yeah...

Quote:
Because contracts in this league are guaranteed... That's not a concern when you trade a guy -- but when you waive them? I'm guessing it was a lot easier for Mark Cuban to swallow Broekhoff's $1.4m than Lee's $12.7m. That's a lot of money to put in a bag and set on fire.
And it's not like either of them are world-beaters -- we're talking about third-stringers here. That's a lot of money to piss away, and rich people don't get/stay rich by pissing money away.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not if we keep both picks and use the MLE
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #19
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Sorry to see Broekhoff go. I thought he'd be a cypher, but he was actually an even better shooter than I anticipated, and not nearly as bad a defender as I expected him to be. He pretty much held his own, and was even maybe a net plus. Agree that some contending team with need for 3-point shooting (Philly?) will be bringing him in soon.

Why Broekhoff, who contributed, and not Courtney Lee who contributes nothing, except that whiny, twisted-up, blame-casting Fizdalian face whenever he gets beaten or throws the ball away? Not sure when Lee's contract expiration date is, but perhaps there is some small window of opportunity to wring some tiny benefit out of Lee's bloated (and grossly undeserved) contract as ballast in a post-season trade?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #20
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Sorry to see Broekhoff go. I thought he'd be a cypher, but he was actually an even better shooter than I anticipated, and not nearly as bad a defender as I expected him to be. He pretty much held his own, and was even maybe a net plus. Agree that some contending team with need for 3-point shooting (Philly?) will be bringing him in soon.

Why Broekhoff, who contributed, and not Courtney Lee who contributes nothing, except that whiny, twisted-up, blame-casting Fizdalian face whenever he gets beaten or throws the ball away? Not sure when Lee's contract expiration date is, but perhaps there is some small window of opportunity to wring some tiny benefit out of Lee's bloated (and grossly undeserved) contract as ballast in a post-season trade?
Lee should've been traded, but the mavs decided to stand pat with what they've got. SMH Luka coming back healthy doesn't fix defensive issues playing midget-moneyball without a consistent defensive presence with size in the paint imo. MBT has sucked lately. Best move in years was being able to get KP from an even suckier Knicks franchise. Summer and TDL were both big ass busts outside of KP deal.

Edit: WCS is no bust, but considering how RC is NOT going to use him much, the move was a total bust as far as actual impact vs what could/should be.

Last edited by turin; 02-11-2020 at 11:33 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #21
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, yeah...

And it's not like either of them are world-beaters -- we're talking about third-stringers here. That's a lot of money to piss away, and rich people don't get/stay rich by pissing money away.
I get your point, but Cuban is going to be spending the same amount of money either way...is it a warm fuzzy that at least you're getting something for the $12.7mm or whatever. Still, the combo of RB/CL $$$ doesn't change. They chose Lee over Broekhoff. Simple as that.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #22
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Lee should've been traded, but the mavs decided to stand pat with what they've got. SMH Luka coming back healthy doesn't fix defensive issues playing midget-moneyball without a consistent defensive presence with size in the paint imo. MBT has sucked lately. Best move in years was being able to get KP from an even suckier Knicks franchise. Summer and TDL were both big ass busts outside of KP deal.

Edit: WCS is no bust, but considering how RC is NOT going to use him much, the move was a total bust as far as actual impact vs what could/should be.
In the wake of Powell's injury, Cauley-Stein is a can of Fix-a-Flat. I don't think he will replace the contribution that Powell made, but he has given some indication that he can contribute in different ways. Carlisle's failure to utilize him properly (i.e. more) against the Jazz is a small irritation, suggesting a bigger problem down the line. 8 points in 4 minutes on 3-3 shooting, and then he can't back in the game? There's definitely a discussion to be had about Carlisle and his rigidity that can wait until after the season.

Cauley-Stein is clearly a better natural athlete than Powell. Longer, faster, springier. Provides superior vertical rim protection, but doesn't necessarily block out any better, if even as well as Powell. Not sure he is as focused on setting the strong pick that the Mavericks need for Carlisle's system to work either.

Depending on how quickly he and Luka can click on the pick-and-roll, he should be able to replace that aspect of Powell's game, given his athleticism. But with only about a third of a season to go after the all-star break, he'll have to show quick. I can't imagine he'll be to enthused to rack up DNPs alongside Bobie for much longer.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #23
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post

So they have sucked lately, but they just traded for a former All star in KP last season, and got WCS for a 2nd round pick. Not sure I follow. Maybe nobody wanted Lee or Jackson? Maybe the only offers available required us to take on bigger contracts we didnít want? It takes 2 teams to make a trade.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
Come to think of it, we have 2 good draft picks this summer -- Broekhoff was probably a goner anyway.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:54 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Come to think of it, we have 2 good draft picks this summer -- Broekhoff was probably a goner anyway.
With how we've stalled out and how incredibly hot Grizz and Blazers have been, we may end up with a lottery pick and 31st

16 (or better) and 31 could net us some quality players-- players who will each need a roster spot.

and here are our expirings/potentially expiring contracts:

THJ (PO) - will probably exercise it. Very little money out there this summer and he has one huge year.
Brunson (TO) - will get the TO and return for sure on that cheap contract.
WCS - if he gets re-signed will only leave us with two roster spots.
Lee - replaced with first draft pick
Barea - retires and replaced with second draft pick

That's it. There isn't going to be room for Broek anyway. He's a 15th man who was already expiring. We just clipped the last 28 games off his contract. That's it. Heck, unless he gets picked up, he may be available this summer if we end up making a 2-for-1 deal or trading away a draft pick.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-11-2020 at 01:12 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #26
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
In the wake of Powell's injury, Cauley-Stein is a can of Fix-a-Flat. I don't think he will replace the contribution that Powell made, but he has given some indication that he can contribute in different ways. Carlisle's failure to utilize him properly (i.e. more) against the Jazz is a small irritation, suggesting a bigger problem down the line. 8 points in 4 minutes on 3-3 shooting, and then he can't back in the game? There's definitely a discussion to be had about Carlisle and his rigidity that can wait until after the season.

Cauley-Stein is clearly a better natural athlete than Powell. Longer, faster, springier. Provides superior vertical rim protection, but doesn't necessarily block out any better, if even as well as Powell. Not sure he is as focused on setting the strong pick that the Mavericks need for Carlisle's system to work either.

Depending on how quickly he and Luka can click on the pick-and-roll, he should be able to replace that aspect of Powell's game, given his athleticism. But with only about a third of a season to go after the all-star break, he'll have to show quick. I can't imagine he'll be to enthused to rack up DNPs alongside Bobie for much longer.
I'm glad a lot more mavs fans are voicing their opinion on this

Carlisle is a stubborn coach....

The Mavs collected 26 rebounds in the entire game last night

The Jazz backup center had 7 boards in less than 15 minutes of action that was more rebounds than KP and Maxi combined together

Let that sink in for a minute

WCS was coming off a game in which he grabbed 10 boards in 25 minutes.

Dude has hit his last 10 shots from the floor and they weren't all dunks.

Before arriving in Dallas he played as a starting center throughout his career vs both big and small lineups showing his versatility from the position.

But get this he can't be counted on for Dallas because he doesnt shoot 3's....

Rudy Gobert doesn't shoot 3s......neither does S.Adams, Dwight Howard, J.Mcgee, N.Noel, S.Adams or Whiteside

All those bigs get minutes for their defense and rebounding every night not because of floor spacing and 3 pt shooting

The problem isn't the mavs personel alone it's the coach reluctance to adjust his system to the personel he has
Old 02-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #27
Underdog

@bobbykaralla: Rick Carlisle says he thinks "there's a very good chance" Ryan Broekhoff will be picked up on waivers, adding that there are multiple teams he believes are interested in the former Mav.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #28
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
I'm glad a lot more mavs fans are voicing their opinion on this

Carlisle is a stubborn coach....

The problem isn't the mavs personel alone it's the coach reluctance to adjust his system to the personel he has
It reminds me somewhat of Landry's refusal to evolve beyond his beloved Flex defense. After he'd been running it for 25 years, and everyone knew its weaknesses and how to attack it, even after the rest of the league had moved onto pass-oriented attacks, and Walshian West Coast style offenses, even after the Cowboys defensive talent slipped two notches, Sir Thomas of Luddite held firm to his flex principles, keeping the boys in the gaps, waiting for the run. And then Jimmy Johnson came in upgraded the personnel two-deep at every positions, with blistering fast linebackers and attacking linemen, and ushered in a new dynasty.

Not that Carlisle is any Landry; he doesn't have anywhere near that record of success. But it struck me as ironic for him to be trash-talking Jackson's Triangle a few weeks ago, when he is equally (and less justifiably) stubbornly wed to his own less successful 'flow' offense. Carlisle looks like he's trying to play some putridlly mutated version of Houston-style ball from the past 5 years, rather than look ahead and see what to do over the NEXT 5 years, with not one but TWO potential generational talents at their positions, and with the resurgence and emergence of Big Balls rising up all over --Gobert, Embiid, Jokic, Townes, Ayton just to name a handful.

Carlisle doesn't necessarily have a record of developing elite talent either. After winning a championship with uber-vets like Dirk, Kidd, and Matrix, he's basically been given a pass over the last decade for overachieving with under-talented rosters--getting journeymen and past-their-prime vets to play respectable ball, copping a feel of a little playoff ball appearance, and then heading home for the season, all without accomplishing anything meaningful. Rick Carlisle has built a hollow reputation as a "genius" over the past post-championship decade, by being graded on the curve.

Has the game passed him by? Why does he look so dour and miserable over on the sideline? Is his creativity sapped? Is his enthusiasm for the game gone? The jury is deliberating, and the results of this season are not encouraging.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 02-11-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #29
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I think we need a thread to remember players who were removed to free up roster spots for the signing of other players.

Also I'd take it a step further to also remember players who simply were not brought back after their contracts ended as the organization decided to make a change. i.e. We signed Boban Marjonovic instead of bring back Salah Mejri.

I can't imagine how long such a list would be.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #30
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
@bobbykaralla: Rick Carlisle says he thinks "there's a very good chance" Ryan Broekhoff will be picked up on waivers, adding that there are multiple teams he believes are interested in the former Mav.
I hope Golden State picks him up. *fingers crossed*
Old 02-12-2020, 12:20 AM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is no discernible reason to leave WCS on the bench for this one. Another Carlisle headscratcher. Great coach, but always found him to be among the most “stubborn”, to borrow Dallas41’s term, of coaches that I know of.

Last edited by mac222b; 02-12-2020 at 12:21 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #32
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I hope Golden State picks him up. *fingers crossed*
Ha but he wonít be able to afford housing in San Francisco.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:22 PM   #33
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Ha but he wonít be able to afford housing in San Francisco.
Lol

Ain't that the truth

I grew up in Nor Cal and cost of living is ridiculous
Old 02-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #34
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I wish him well in the future Jumanji films

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:35 PM   #35
BPo001
Diamond Member

It’s tax season. He should find work quick.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #36
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Itís tax season. He should find work quick.
lolz
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Dude wasn’t picked up off waivers

For a guy earning the min, that means no one was hoping to let him clear waivers to save money

Dude may be available this summer