Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-30-2020, 08:59 AM   #121
KrissKross91

KrissKross91 will become famous soon enoughKrissKross91 will become famous soon enough

Seems like they really need help defensively more than catching lobs from Luka, which I am sure WCS will be ace at and certainly replaces Powell's role well, but is he the best defensive big out there?

Really got to look at improving that 16th ranked defense if they want to go deep into the playoffs.

All a bonus right now though. Sure Cuban didn't expect to be this good this soon, esp with KP in and out of the team.
KrissKross91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #122
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I was just happy to see someone above 6'10" out there at center. He didn't know where to be on the court the other night. Going to take a little bit before he sees regular time.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #123
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Is it just me or is this team beginning to resemble a mix of our teams that went to championships?

Luka - Kidd (younger version)
DFS - Marion (lesser version)
KP - Dirk (Less shooter but better defender)
THJ - Fin
Seth - JET
Brunson - Barea (young version)
WCS - TC (less leadership and rebounding but similar size, athleticism and skillsets)
Wright - Stevenson (less shooter, better ball handler and driver)

I’m not saying it is an exact replica by any means, and will yield the same results, but I see some similarities.
Yep posted this in one of the game threads

They have similar type of players as to the title team

Obviously these players aren't as good but you can make a case that their skill set and style of play is quite similar
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #124
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yep posted this in one of the game threads

They have similar type of players as to the title team

Obviously these players aren't as good but you can make a case that their skill set and style of play is quite similar
Not really a surprise as the architect of the two teams is the same.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #125
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Because Rondo is a bitch.... That's why the players voted not to give him the playoff bonus -- it wasn't just Rick.
Without specifically naming Rondo, Rick said, "It's nice to coach players who don't think they already know everything there is to know about playing basketball."
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #126
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
Without specifically naming Rondo, Rick said, "It's nice to coach players who don't think they already know everything there is to know about playing basketball."
Yeah, I'm sure pretty much any coach feels the same way -- you can't teach anything to someone who thinks they already know everything... And a coach's purpose is to teach.

I love that WCS is not only willing to learn, but excited to learn from Rick.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #127
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

KP out tonight, curious to see how he will fare with extended minutes. Shame Luka is out as well though.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #128
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

I'm really beginning to like what I see from WCS and think he COULD have a future with this team but I have a feeling that won't happen. I have a feeling he'll be a rental for this season only.

You can almost see this thing playing out because it will be a catch-22 situation with him. If he fits and plays well his value will go up in the open market and someone will pay him more than we will most likely pay. If he doesn't fit, doesn't play well or get low PT then he won't do us much good anyway so it wouldn't matter if we re-sign him or not.
We have about 50mil tied up in our frontcourt so I don't see us offering him anything more than the MLE.
However Centers are a dime a dozen now so hopefully he'll fit and we'll bring him back.
Personally I don't think that will happen because we are heavily invested in Powell and the Mavs will probably think they can bring him back to form.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-09-2020 at 06:35 AM.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #129
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Willie C-Stein had his first double-double as a Maverick in Charlotte.
He finished with 15 pts (7/7 FG), 10 reb. and 2 blks in 25 min.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 02-09-2020 at 09:02 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #130
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm really beginning to like what I see from WCS and think he COULD have a future with this team but I have a feeling that won't happen. I have a feeling he'll be a rental for this season only.

You can almost see this thing playing out because it will be a catch-22 situation with him. If he fits and plays well his value will go up in the open market and someone will pay him more than we will most likely pay. If he doesn't fit, doesn't play well or get low PT then he won't do us much good anyway so it wouldn't matter if we re-sign him or not.
We have about 50mil tied up in our frontcourt so I don't see us offering him anything more than the MLE.
However Centers are a dime a dozen now so hopefully he'll fit and we'll bring him back.
Personally I don't think that will happen because we are heavily invested in Powell and the Mavs will probably think they can bring him back to form.
I think if given consistent minutes he'll be productive

He's not a guy that you can play one night and then sit him the next 2-3 games.

He fits perfect for what they want in a center on offense and defense but my fear is that he won't get quality minutes here and he'll leave because of that.....

Powell might not even come back as the same player but the mavs are loyal to him so I expect him to go right back to being a starter with that contract he got

But WCS is the best overall player between the two

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #131
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can see a one year MLE contract - don't forget that Powell might not be able to play even next year

I doubt that WCS gets more than that, he signed a min deal this year
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:11 PM   #132
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I can see a one year MLE contract - don't forget that Powell might not be able to play even next year

I doubt that WCS gets more than that, he signed a min deal this year
WCS is so much better than DP that it's not even funny. If he only gets a MLE offer, in comparison to what the Mavs gave DP, that says more about the Mavs ability to evaluate talent than it does WCS. LOL
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #133
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
WCS is so much better than DP that it's not even funny. If he only gets a MLE offer, in comparison to what the Mavs gave DP, that says more about the Mavs ability to evaluate talent than it does WCS. LOL
That’s probably the offer he gets from any team in the league. He was on a minimum contract this season.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #134
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That’s probably the offer he gets from any team in the league. He was on a minimum contract this season.
Yeah, if he plays good he'll get multiple MLE offers from some contenders. But I hope he'll stick with us
Old 02-09-2020, 06:08 PM   #135
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

It seems (by what he says) that playing for a couple of different teams has shown him that fit matters. He wasn’t the best fit in Sacramento and he wasn’t the best fit in GS. If he wants to play and wants to play in a system that fits his skills, Dallas really is the perfect place for him. This will become more evident once Luka comes back. Now that he’s more comfortable in the offense himself he should start seeing a ton more lobs being thrown his way by Luka. I think if the Mavs are at least competitive with their offer he will choose to stay in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #136
Dallas41

Quote:
I was a big fan of this trade he was one of the players that I mentioned in the trade thread on here that fits on both sides of the ball for Dallas.

I believe he could be a long term piece next to KP.

The mavs were always rumored to like capella next to KP and WCS is a similar fit much cheaper than Capella

But I just have a gut feeling his minutes are going to be inconsistent all year and he'll leave this summer

Someone like Boston might gain interest this summer and give him a little better contract than what the mavs might offer because we have Powell locked up already

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-09-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:23 PM   #137
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWhiteGuy View Post
Or DSJ
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:29 PM   #138
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:

One thing you are not mentioning is the team/organization/franchise culture. This is a team-building, learn-and-play-a-role-within-the-team environment that everyone must follow. If you cannot follow or don't like your role, you will be shipped out. If you can follow and like your role, you tend to love it because it is way better than how you'll be treated at most of other franchises around. If WCS is a learner and likes his role/prospect, he will be heavily inclined to re-sign. Same with KP, same with Luka, and same with Rondo and DSJ who were correspondingly shipped out.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:32 PM   #139
LukaMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
It seems (by what he says) that playing for a couple of different teams has shown him that fit matters. He wasn’t the best fit in Sacramento and he wasn’t the best fit in GS. If he wants to play and wants to play in a system that fits his skills, Dallas really is the perfect place for him. This will become more evident once Luka comes back. Now that he’s more comfortable in the offense himself he should start seeing a ton more lobs being thrown his way by Luka. I think if the Mavs are at least competitive with their offer he will choose to stay in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:25 PM   #140
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
One thing you are not mentioning is the team/organization/franchise culture. This is a team-building, learn-and-play-a-role-within-the-team environment that everyone must follow. If you cannot follow or don't like your role, you will be shipped out. If you can follow and like your role, you tend to love it because it is way better than how you'll be treated at most of other franchises around. If WCS is a learner and likes his role/prospect, he will be heavily inclined to re-sign. Same with KP, same with Luka, and same with Rondo and DSJ who were correspondingly shipped out.
Completely agree with your point but my point is more from a financial perspective.
What do the Mavs do if he is a tremendous fit and becomes a star center and his market value becomes similar to Powell’s?

Do they pay him and have 60+ mil tied up in our front court, or do they take a chance on Powell making a full recovery?
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:52 PM   #141
MFFL
Guru

Cuban on radio was talking about Willie Cauley-Stein shooting 60% from 3 in practice. Now they want him shooting them in games
Old 02-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #142
Underdog

Quote:
Cuban on radio was talking about Willie Cauley-Stein shooting 60% from 3 in practice. Now they want him shooting them in games
They're going all-in on him being a Dwight Powell replacement, huh?

Old 02-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #143
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Completely agree with your point but my point is more from a financial perspective.
What do the Mavs do if he is a tremendous fit and becomes a star center and his market value becomes similar to Powell’s?

Do they pay him and have 60+ mil tied up in our front court, or do they take a chance on Powell making a full recovery?
There is no full recovery for Powell and the FO knows that. Thank god his last year is just partial guaranteed for 6m.
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #144
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
There is no full recovery for Powell and the FO knows that. Thank god his last year is just partial guaranteed for 6m.
They had to have been planning on moving on from him before the last year, even before the injury. I sincerely hope the injury doesn't make that too difficult.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 02-13-2020 at 09:10 PM.
KillerLeft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #145
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
They had to have been planning on moving on from him before the last year, even before the injury. I sincerely hope the injury doesn't make that too difficult.
Planning on moving on from him by extending him? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong...
Old 02-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #146
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Planning on moving on from him by extending him? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong...
I'm just saying that it seems like the plan is Free Agency in the summer of 2021. Now, I'm far from a cap expert, but it seems to me like moving Powell's contract prior to that summer is a pretty helpful step.
KillerLeft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:08 PM   #147
Dallas41

Quote:
I really don't understand this tbh

His playing time is predicated on his ability to shoot the 3 in games.

I just watched okc and new Orleans Adams and Noel combined for 1 3pt shot both played their regular rotation minutes

Zion and favors started together neither one attempted a 3 point shot

I saw both backcourts still have enough space to attack the paint because of picks that the bigs were setting

Just can't understand why WCS is being penalized do yo his lack of 3 pt shooting when he can still be helpful on the floor in PNR sets or just rolls to the basket on general with as much attention and space that luka creates

Really puzzling especially when you see those two teams consistently play non 3 pt shooting bigs vs any matchups

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-13-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:01 AM   #148
LukaMagic

Quote:

All I can say is you think about it if/when you get there.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:03 AM   #149
LukaMagic

Quote:
Do you have a link?
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #150
LukaMagic

If WCS can indeed shoot 3s, that could be huuuuge. And I did notice that the moment he got on the floor in the last game, he shot a 3-pointer (before the one Boban made). If he can do that with an any kind of respectable %, he could quickly become one of RC's most favourite players. And it would also free RC to use KP however he wants. As Costanza would say, this would be like "discovering plutonium by accident," but I'm sure Donnie Nelson, RC and company had an eye on that much before they signed him. Here's a draft video of WCS shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89E4DyhVU0&t=65s
Old 02-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #151
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
I really don't understand this tbh

His playing time is predicated on his ability to shoot the 3 in games.

I just watched okc and new Orleans Adams and Noel combined for 1 3pt shot both played their regular rotation minutes

Zion and favors started together neither one attempted a 3 point shot

I saw both backcourts still have enough space to attack the paint because of picks that the bigs were setting

Just can't understand why WCS is being penalized do yo his lack of 3 pt shooting when he can still be helpful on the floor in PNR sets or just rolls to the basket on general with as much attention and space that luka creates

Really puzzling especially when you see those two teams consistently play non 3 pt shooting bigs vs any matchups
I haven't seen journeyman centers compared here or any other thread that has outrage that WCS isn't being used enough. WCS was getting just 23 minutes a night for a TERRIBLE Warriors team

I don't see why Carlisle needs to completely change his system to accommodate a journeyman center. A BRAND NEW (less than 10 games) journeyman center
Old 02-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #152
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
Do you have a link?
Maybe the DMN?

I don't have a subscription to DMN so I don't know for sure but I saw something about it when I searched Google

Last edited by MFFL; 02-14-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #153
Dallas41

Quote:
I haven't seen journeyman centers compared here or any other thread that has outrage that WCS isn't being used enough. WCS was getting just 23 minutes a night for a TERRIBLE Warriors team

I don't see why Carlisle needs to completely change his system to accommodate a journeyman center. A BRAND NEW (less than 10 games) journeyman center
J.Mcgee is a journeyman center but he somehow became a 18 mpg starter for the warriors and didn't shoot 3's just to get those minutes.

They valued his rebounding and rim protection

So I'm not sure why you are calling him a journeyman center when he's played just as many minutes as d.powell doing his career and put up better numbers than Powell.

Powell started for a bad mavs teams last year does that make him a journeyman center to?
Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #154
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
J.Mcgee is a journeyman center but he somehow became a 18 mpg starter for the warriors and didn't shoot 3's just to get those minutes.

So I'm not sure why you are calling him a journeyman center when he's played just as many minutes as d.powell doing his career and put up better numbers than Powell.

Powell started for a bad mavs teams last year does that make him a journeyman center to?
BOOM! Mic drop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #155
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because we arent utilizing our size advantage.

Our defense is bad.

Rebounding vs big teams and elite teams.

Everyone is sick of small ball.

To name a few.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #156
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
BOOM! Mic drop.
Mic mike drop on THAT comment?

One example. And wrong at that. In the 2 years that McGee played for the Warriors, he never averaged even TEN minutes per game for them. You know, LESS minutes that WCS plays for us.

BOOOM!!! Now THIS is a Mic drop!

Last edited by MFFL; 02-14-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #157
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Because we arent utilizing our size advantage.

Our defense is bad.

Rebounding vs big teams and elite teams.

Everyone is sick of small ball.

To name a few.
Who cares about size advantage? Its a dinosaur concept. The best way to win is to play your best players

Our defense is bad but our offense is amazing. The object of the game is to score more points than your opponent

I hate small ball too but that's the way the NBA is going. Why should we buck the trend?
Old 02-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #158
MFFL
Guru

Quote:

Never averaged even 10 minutes per game for the Warriors

Of course Powell is a journeyman center. He's certainly not a star. He's not particularly valuable. There wasn't a line of teams vying to get his services during his free agency
Old 02-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #159
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who cares about size advantage? Its a dinosaur concept. The best way to win is to play your best players

Our defense is bad but our offense is amazing. The object of the game is to score more points than your opponent

I hate small ball too but that's the way the NBA is going. Why should we buck the trend?
Well it doesn't take a rocket Sargeant to know you play your best players.

Size is a dinosaur concept? I'd put down the pipe you found in Houston's front office. . Wait till the playoffs and you will see. Milwaukee, LA, Denver, Utah to name a few contenders that have size. Clips have versatility with big and small bit they have length for days defensively.

We don't have gritty 2 way guards to throw out with even more gritty long forwards along side KP.

Our lack of defense and legit 2 way players is a big factor in why people don't expect us to get past a first round.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-14-2020 at 08:38 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:13 PM   #160
Dallas41

Quote:
Never averaged even 10 minutes per game for the Warriors

Of course Powell is a journeyman center. He's certainly not a star. He's not particularly valuable. There wasn't a line of teams vying to get his services during his free agency
My bad he's avg 18 mpg in his two years with Lakers.

His minutes with golden st always increased doing the playoffs and rightfully so because that's when you need post defense and rebounding the most.

I just find it odd that you seem to think bigs are irrelevant yet the warriors who were playing for titles increased mcgee's role in the post seasons and the Lakers whom many consider a title team have him playing key rotation minutes

On September 16, 2016, McGee signed with the Golden State Warriors. On December 15, 2016, he scored a season-high 17 points in a 103–90 win over the New York Knicks. On March 31, 2017, he had 13 points and a season-best five blocked shots in a 107–98 win over the Houston Rockets. The Warriors went on to win the 2017 NBA Championship after defeating the Cleveland Cavaliers 4–1 in the NBA Finals. He played in 77 of 82 regular season games, with a field goal percentage of .652, and 16 of 17 playoff games, with a percentage of .732, both the best in his career.

On August 1, 2017, McGee re-signed with the Warriors on a one-year contract. His playing time increased when he was inserted into the starting lineup after the all-star break. In June 2018, he won his second straight championship after the Warriors defeated the Cavaliers in a four-game sweep in the Finals. He started the final three games of the series, and averaged 8.0 points in the 4 games.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-14-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Tags
size queen