Yes! We're desperate. We need to maximize time 2 10.00%
Yes, but only the right one. Be aggressive but patient 15 75.00%
Apathetic. Just apathetic. 0 0%
No. Let's see what we have with KP and Doncic when they get healthy. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade deals

I'm not really wanting a deal but there were several posters who were VERY interested in Dedmon. He has openly asked to be traded

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sa...238821333.html
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I'm not really wanting a deal but there were several posters who were VERY interested in Dedmon. He has openly asked to be traded

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sa...238821333.html
1. His contract is worse than Powell's.

2. He hasn't played better than Powell.

3. He is older than Powell.

4. You'd have to move Powell or Kleber otherwise Dedmon won't get any minutes.

I see 4 problems there...
Old 12-31-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I just posted about this in the Trade forum but I am more interested in how we get Bogdan along with Dedmon.

THJ
2nd
for
Dedmon
Bogdan

I don’t see the kings wanting Powell but if they do I am all for it.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to allLestat_1795 is a name known to all

Why would we want Dedmon?!
A wannabe 3 point shooting big man.
We have KP, an actual 3 point shooting big!
Old 12-31-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
Why would we want Dedmon?!
A wannabe 3 point shooting big man.
We have KP, an actual 3 point shooting big!
As I mentioned in my post, it’s not necessarily about Dedmon but I don’t see how it would hurt to have another big on the bench. If we have to take Dedmon and can get Bogdan, I am all for it.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Just say no to Dedmon, especially with that contract.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dedmon went straight to a bad situation in SAC. He got paid well but it was a bad move for both he and the team. Hell they don't play him and that basically started right away. I would have rather had him than Powell coming into this season. Now, IDK what he is. Sac is stupid and there is no way around it and Dedmon situation is the smaller part of it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-31-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: confusion
Old 12-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

What about Serge Ibaka?
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
What about Serge Ibaka?
He's really just a spacer. He's like Kleber, only probably not as good defensively.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #11
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

If there is any way to add Crowder and Morris without giving up any more than our TPE, 2nd round picks (including GSW), Jackson and Lee we should do it.

I think those two would make us a much better PO team.

Luka/Brunson/Barea
THJ/Seth/Wright
DFS/Crowder/Broekoff
Morris/Maxi/Roby?
KP/Powell/Boban
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:27 PM   #12
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
If there is any way to add Crowder and Morris without giving up any more than our TPE, 2nd round picks (including GSW), Jackson and Lee we should do it.

I think those two would make us a much better PO team.

Luka/Brunson/Barea
THJ/Seth/Wright
DFS/Crowder/Broekoff
Morris/Maxi/Roby?
KP/Powell/Boban
I really don't like Morris as a PF

And KP from what I've read isn't a 5 in Dallas

Crowder may not want to play for RC ever again so o don't see that happening

I think the one guy who really helps this team is Drummond but there are reports that he might headed to atlanta.

I think a Porzingis/Drummond front line could really matchup well with the Lakers in potential playoff series
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #13
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Another rumor about Mavs being interested in Drummond together with other teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ns-star-center

Personally I'd rather we stay with what we are if the options we have are Drummond or Dedmon. If we trade for someone I'd prefer if it's for a wing.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #14
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanMavsFan View Post
Another rumor about Mavs being interested in Drummond together with other teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ns-star-center

Personally I'd rather we stay with what we are if the options we have are Drummond or Dedmon. If we trade for someone I'd prefer if it's for a wing.
I am all for Drummond. The dude is a historically great rebounder and is still only 26. There is nobody we can get that is going to be better than him with our limited trade assets. If we could do something like Lee, Dwight and picks....

Doncic/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Seth/The Accountant
DFS/Jackson
KP/Kleber/Roby
Drummond/Bobi/Kleber

Drummond is everything this team needs. If you see him in a PNR instead of Powell, things are going to be nasty. Drummond is a former dunk contest participant.

How many games have we lost due to lack of rebounding? Nobody is getting a rebound with Drummond on the floor. This dude has been wasted in Detroit. Imagine him on a competitor. Not to mention he has ALWAYS been healthy. Let Rick Carlisle work his magic with him and it's trouble for the rest of the league.

If you don't think we need Drummond, who do you think we have a realistic chance of getting to take this team to the next level?
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #15
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
I am all for Drummond. The dude is a historically great rebounder and is still only 26. There is nobody we can get that is going to be better than him with our limited trade assets. If we could do something like Lee, Dwight and picks....

Doncic/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Seth/The Accountant
DFS/Jackson
KP/Kleber/Roby
Drummond/Bobi/Kleber

Drummond is everything this team needs. If you see him in a PNR instead of Powell, things are going to be nasty. Drummond is a former dunk contest participant.

How many games have we lost due to lack of rebounding? Nobody is getting a rebound with Drummond on the floor. This dude has been wasted in Detroit. Imagine him on a competitor. Not to mention he has ALWAYS been healthy. Let Rick Carlisle work his magic with him and it's trouble for the rest of the league.

If you don't think we need Drummond, who do you think we have a realistic chance of getting to take this team to the next level?
The problem is that we probably don't have enough assets that Detroit would want to make the deal. Celts, Raps and Hawks all have draft picks that they could offer. Drummond is basically an expiring considering he has a player option so expirings coming back to them probably won't be too enticing. They'll want young players and picks. Even if we added Brunson, the GSW pick and Jackson I don't see them taking on Powell.

I think we can forget about Drummond as a realistic option.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I really don't like Morris as a PF

And KP from what I've read isn't a 5 in Dallas

Crowder may not want to play for RC ever again so o don't see that happening

I think the one guy who really helps this team is Drummond but there are reports that he might headed to atlanta.

I think a Porzingis/Drummond front line could really matchup well with the Lakers in potential playoff series
I like Morris as someone to have to help combat the Lakers (LeBron) and Clips (George).

Not sure why Crowder wouldn't want to play for RC.....did I miss something?
Crowder was a 2nd round pick rookie that got opportunity....something abnormal for Rick. Maybe I missed something else though.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not interested in Drummond - the pairing with KP would be a disaster. Who would guard the perimeter? And Drummond would clog up the offense, he has zero outside shooting ability. Those beautiful wide open spaces that Luka loves? Gone

And believe it or not, our rebounding is GREAT. We're 4th in the NBA with almost 48 per game and we're the best in the NBA on Contested Rebounds
Old 01-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #18
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I went to about 30 Pistons home games when I lived in Michigan and Drummond is a flat out dog. He would slow our offense down so much and completely change the offenses geometry. You don’t add a piece like that in the middle of the season
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #19
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not interested in Drummond - the pairing with KP would be a disaster. Who would guard the perimeter? And Drummond would clog up the offense, he has zero outside shooting ability. Those beautiful wide open spaces that Luka loves? Gone

And believe it or not, our rebounding is GREAT. We're 4th in the NBA with almost 48 per game and we're the best in the NBA on Contested Rebounds
Sir, with all due respect, I find this cray. Who would guard the perimeter? You think Powell is guarding it now? We dont lose games because of bigs outshooting us from the perimeter. Having Drummond would be such a massive upgrade. The wide open spaces Luka has would be gone? Drummond is not some rookie with no experience or BBIQ. His screens and rolls would be even more potent than Powell. It's not gonna happen but for anyone to actually believe he and KP would be disastrous and that he wouldnt improve this team greatly is almost unbelievable.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sir, with all due respect, I find this cray. Who would guard the perimeter? You think Powell is guarding it now? We dont lose games because of bigs outshooting us from the perimeter. Having Drummond would be such a massive upgrade. The wide open spaces Luka has would be gone? Drummond is not some rookie with no experience or BBIQ. His screens and rolls would be even more potent than Powell. It's not gonna happen but for anyone to actually believe he and KP would be disastrous and that he wouldnt improve this team greatly is almost unbelievable.
Powell is a TON better at guarding the perimeter than KP is - KP doesn't have that bounce to close out on shots yet. He might not ever be able to. Carlisle has said repeatedly that KP is the center on defense

And as for pick and rolls, Drummond scores 2.8 ppg and Powell scores 2.5 ppg. Drummond has 15.5% FREQ on the pick and roll, where Powell is at 27.7%

Drummond is a massively better player than Drummond but he doesn't fit the style the Mavs are playing anymore. He would have a similar fit as Jordan did last year. It might work but its not worth the risk

If we are going to make a trade we need a SG who is also a shot creator for when Luka is doubled or a very good 3&D player. I think we are fine with our big rotation
Old 01-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

per

https://stats.nba.com/players/roll-m...POSS_PCT&dir=1
Old 01-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #22
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Powell is a TON better at guarding the perimeter than KP is - KP doesn't have that bounce to close out on shots yet. He might not ever be able to. Carlisle has said repeatedly that KP is the center on defense

And as for pick and rolls, Drummond scores 2.8 ppg and Powell scores 2.5 ppg. Drummond has 15.5% FREQ on the pick and roll, where Powell is at 27.7%

Drummond is a massively better player than Drummond but he doesn't fit the style the Mavs are playing anymore. He would have a similar fit as Jordan did last year. It might work but its not worth the risk

If we are going to make a trade we need a SG who is also a shot creator for when Luka is doubled or a very good 3&D player. I think we are fine with our big rotation
I really, really wish we had signed Derrick Favors.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #23
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone who doesn't think Drummond could slow down dwight and McGee are nuts

If you watched the Lakers game those guys had their way with the mavs because Powell sucks and isn't big enough.

I also believe people are selling Drummond short on the pnr....

Detroit doesn't have anyone as good as luka in setting up a big on pnr.....

Even Blake when healthy last year got his offense on his own not out of pnr because the pistons lack guard play.

Drummond would be huge in setting picks for luka and I've seen boban and KP in small samples look really good together on the floor.

Imagine a more skillful boban with better stamina teaming up with KP vs the Lakers

I believe the problem with Drummond is he resides in Detroit

Atlanta really wants the guy next to John Collins and in pnr with Trae Young

You telling me we can't make Drummond work with Kp and luka just because of his lack of usage in pnr with the pistons weak backcourt?

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-03-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #24
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:

I dont hold much value in those pnr numbers. Neither of them. Luka is light years more deadly than anyone playing with Drummond in the pnr. Also, that's literally Powells only weapon so yea we run it often. Drummond and DJ is a bad comparison aside from they dont shoot 3s. Drummond is on another planet as an offensive threat compared to DJ.

I can see the desire for another creator though I'd prefer a bigger 2 way wing. Dfs is kinda slow and skinny and that's not the best combination to combat big and fast wings. My priority would be upgrades at the 5, 3 then the 2.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #25
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

I love that Andre Drummond has become Hakeem Olajuwon. lmao. You can’t play Drummond and KP together. Do you really want to take KP away from the rim? His most effective play period is on the defensive end. What about when the other team goes small- who is Drummond going to guard? What happens when KP is drawn out of the paint by his man if he’s guarding a different spot? Not to mention in the playoffs, he’d be unplayable against half the teams we’d match up with (think about him trying to guard any of the Denver bigs or any of the Clippers smaller athletic bigs)

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 01-03-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #26
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I love that Andre Drummond has become Hakeem Olajuwon. lmao. You can’t play Drummond and KP together. Do you really want to take KP away from the rim? His most effective play period is on the defensive end. What about when the other team goes small- who is Drummond going to guard? What happens when KP is drawn out of the paint by his man if he’s guarding a different spot? Not to mention in the playoffs, he’d be unplayable against half the teams we’d match up with (think about him trying to guard any of the Denver bigs or any of the Clippers smaller athletic bigs)
What in the hellll is going on lols?

He would do what he always does vs Denver. Get a shit ton of rebounds and score 3 times as much as Powell while much more effectively defending their best player.
https://youtu.be/KFkfrMeHIbo

Same story with either LA team.

The idea that you cant play a 7'3 shot blocking forward who is primarily a perimeter player on offense with an athletic big with a post presence is flawed. Some people must have forgotten how successful Duncan and Robinson were and neither of them could shoot 3s. To me its beyond comical to prefer DP in almost any scenario over Drummond.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:37 PM   #27
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Actually if the mavs play the rockets Drummond defends capela and KP defends tucker

If the mavs play the Lakers Drummond defends A.Davis and KP defends dwight or McGee

If the mavs play the Nuggets Drummond defends Jokic and KP defends Milsap

If the Mavs play the Thunder Drummond defends Adams and KP defends Gallo

That's usually how those teams close games

The Lakers very rarely go small with AD because he prefers not to play center

This would be no different from closing games out with Dirk and Tyson and if teams do try to go small them you matchup with KP at the 5 or Kleber at the 5 and KP at the 4

Either way you don't pass up on Drummond because your worried about what other teams do. Hell all the minutes Powell gets without rebounding or defense Drummond would trump even if he's limited to just 25-28 mpg he's still going to get you a double double every night

The clippers and rockets might be the two teams Dallas face that plays smaller centers out west come playoff time which limits Drummond minutes those other teams he would surely play close to 28 mpg in the playoffs
Old 01-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #28
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I am glad that I am not in charge. I'd actually want to get Andre Drummond on this team, and that is probably a mistake.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:50 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

Brad Townsend
@townbrad
4:57 PM · Jan 3, 2020·Twitter

High-ranking Mavs official told me 2 weeks ago that Drummond makes no sense for them. Hard for me to believe he suddenly makes sense now.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:04 PM   #30
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Some people must have forgotten how successful Duncan and Robinson were and neither of them could shoot 3s
In NBA terms, dinosaurs roamed the earth when Duncan and Robinson were in their prime
Old 01-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #31
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Brad Townsend
@townbrad

High-ranking Mavs official told me 2 weeks ago that Drummond makes no sense for them. Hard for me to believe he suddenly makes sense now.
"High ranking official". All I can say is that if that person has the ability to move for example something like DP, Jax,Lee and 2 2nd round picks then I'd be concerned about their vision and the teams direction. Regardless of how fantastic it is to have Luka.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:09 PM   #32
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Brad Townsend
@townbrad

I get that, but I think he's an excellent fit. We need some physicality. Who would you prefer if you wanted to add someone who can play physical ball?
Old 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #33
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
What in the hellll is going on lols?

He would do what he always does vs Denver. Get a shit ton of rebounds and score 3 times as much as Powell while much more effectively defending their best player.
https://youtu.be/KFkfrMeHIbo

Same story with either LA team.

The idea that you cant play a 7'3 shot blocking forward who is primarily a perimeter player on offense with an athletic big with a post presence is flawed. Some people must have forgotten how successful Duncan and Robinson were and neither of them could shoot 3s. To me its beyond comical to prefer DP in almost any scenario over Drummond.

Agree. I don't get this at all.

Last edited by turin; 01-04-2020 at 08:56 AM.
turin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #34
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I get that, but I think he's an excellent fit. We need some physicality. Who would you prefer if you wanted to add someone who can play physical ball?
I’ve been beating the drum for Tristan Thompson for months! 😃
He does everything Drummond does but will cost less to acquire and will cost half as much to re-sign.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:19 PM   #35
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
In NBA terms, dinosaurs roamed the earth when Duncan and Robinson were in their prime
This response is not surprising . That's what you took from the post.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:19 PM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Not much interest in Drummond. He’s going to ask for 4yrs-120m or something obscene.
Get the best we can get with Lee and TE and maybe if it’s something really good 2nd rd picks and Brunson/Jackson.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #37
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He does everything Drummond does but will cost less to acquire and will cost half as much to re-sign.
It's probably more realistic and I never hated the idea. It may be a situation where you get what you pay for though. Thompson is not the player Drummond is but I assume you mean he plays similar to him.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:22 AM   #38
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He looks like he would be an excellent rotation big man for us. Plays hard on defense, rebounds, and doesn't expect the ball too much on offense

Plus a Lee for Thompson trade just barely fails on the trade machine so the bulk of the deal is there. If we absorb Delladova for our TE then we would give them plenty of room to absorb big contracts for draft picks
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 AM   #39
Dallas41

Andre Drummond trade rumors: Celtics, Raptors, Mavs, Hawks among potential destinations for Pistons big man
By Colin Ward-Henninger6h ago • 6 min read

This was CBS sports today

They believe Drummond in the PNR with Luka would be great

But the Mavs might not have the assets Detroit desires

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-04-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:59 AM   #40
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
He looks like he would be an excellent rotation big man for us. Plays hard on defense, rebounds, and doesn't expect the ball too much on offense

Plus a Lee for Thompson trade just barely fails on the trade machine so the bulk of the deal is there. If we absorb Delladova for our TE then we would give them plenty of room to absorb big contracts for draft picks
You see him as just a rotation big man? Do you really value DP that much? Serious question.