Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 PM   #41
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I'm wrong but I get the Noel, McGee vibe again. He has an uphill battle because Rick doesn't suffer fools or slackers and he doesn't spread the floor. I hope if he is here that Rick gives a fair shot to succeed and help us.

Rick says he doesn't deal in the player aquisitions etc, but I wonder how involved he really is and how Donnie and Marc present it to him before pulling the trigger. Like If he said, no I'd rather not deal with someone would they completely nix the idea?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I hope I'm wrong but I get the Noel, McGee vibe again. He has an uphill battle because Rick doesn't suffer fools or slackers and he doesn't spread the floor. I hope if he is here that Rick gives a fair shot to succeed and help us.

Rick says he doesn't deal in the player aquisitions etc, but I wonder how involved he really is and how Donnie and Marc present it to him before pulling the trigger. Like If he said, no I'd rather not deal with someone would they completely nix the idea?
Rick for sure has a say in player acquisition. I think heíll get a fair shake because we are desperate for a mobile big to replace Dwightís minutes, especially after KP being injured. I think heíll get 25 mins per night fairly consistently once heís up to speed.
mac222b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #43
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Brad Townsend: Patton cannot be waived tonight, so the Cauley-Stein deal won’t go through until tomorrow at soonest. No announcements on that front tonight. – via Twitter townbrad
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:42 PM   #44
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Rick for sure has a say in player acquisition. I think heíll get a fair shake because we are desperate for a mobile big to replace Dwightís minutes, especially after KP being injured. I think heíll get 25 mins per night fairly consistently once heís up to speed.
Yea I feel like Rick is involved more than he claims. 25 mins seems a bit on the high side but if WCS is getting those consistently I guess he would be doing something right.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea I feel like Rick is involved more than he claims. 25 mins seems a bit on the high side but if WCS is getting those consistently I guess he would be doing something right.
Well my thinking is they want to ideally get back to the rotations they had before. WCS canít pop out to 3 like Powell and itíll take time to get timing down with Luka. But Iím guessing theyíd like Maxi to play KPís stretch role off the bench and save KP from banging with the bigs down low as much as possible. So a mix of Boban and WCS with WCS getting the bulk of the minutes hopefully.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 PM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

Could be wrong though and maybe they will use the time to experiment with KP at the 5? But to me, saving wear and tear on KP and Luka should be among our highest priorities.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #47
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Wink

Quote:
Could be wrong though and maybe they will use the time to experiment with KP at the 5? But to me, saving wear and tear on KP and Luka should be among our highest priorities.
No doubt. I'm on board with it

Old 01-24-2020, 11:18 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can he rebound? Can he defend the rim? Can he get lobs & put-backs?

Because that's all we need from our center with KP & Maxi stretching the floor from the 4.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:33 PM   #49
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to alltgfan is a name known to all

I don't care if he has a tat on the end of his nose, IF he can block out, not get pushed around under the goal, get back on defense, block some shots, and catch the alley opp pass at the rim!
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:47 PM   #50
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I said this to someone today.....could WCS be teams TC move. Weíll find out but I think this will be the best team he has played for in his entire career an Luka/ KP the best players.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:59 AM   #51
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

That's a heck of a deal. Never could have dreamed Mavs would be able to make that trade. All things considered, hard to imagine doing much better.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:03 AM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
That's a heck of a deal. Never could have dreamed Mavs would be able to make that trade. All things considered, hard to imagine doing much better.
This is why I'm always kinda puzzled when people often say that we don't have the assets to make moves. Maybe not for a superstar, but anything else, I def think we do.

It all depends on who you're willing to trade, obviously.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:22 AM   #53
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

I don't know if they did it on purpose, but the Mavs released news that they had talked to Joakim Noah, I was terrified.

when the WCS news broke, I muttered "Thank God".

He's a head case, but he does have some talent. Looking forward to seeing him fit in.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:14 AM   #54
mac222b
Diamond Member

He does have serious upside, only 26. He has things you can’t teach. It’s just a question of how teachable he is. Seems like a good dude. Just a little soft spoken and has some outside interests besides basketball. Maybe playing with Luka will be fun for him and a light will go on. Playing on a winning team again and all that.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:16 AM   #55
mac222b
Diamond Member

I remember liking him when he came out of Kentucky and thought he would’ve been on our radar there year he went back to Kentucky. And I think I remember being pissed that he and Smart chose to go back to school because it meant no CJ McCollum or Steven Adams falling to us. But I could be misremembering some of that.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:08 AM   #56
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I just watched highlight videos for both WCS and Dwight Powell. I gotta say... both have really entertaining moments, but I'm biased towards Dwight's highlights since they're in a Mavs uniform! Also he knows how to finish on the lob so well.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:36 AM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well my thinking is they want to ideally get back to the rotations they had before. WCS canít pop out to 3 like Powell and itíll take time to get timing down with Luka. But Iím guessing theyíd like Maxi to play KPís stretch role off the bench and save KP from banging with the bigs down low as much as possible. So a mix of Boban and WCS with WCS getting the bulk of the minutes hopefully.
Powell couldn't shoot either
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #58
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Great trade for the Mavs...high potential reward with minimal risk.
Worst case Noel, best case unlimited playing with Luka. And we gave up virtually nothing.

Is a bit of a knucklehead but Rick has had some success with some headcases (DeShawn, SJax, Artest, etc...) but not so much with some others (Odom, Rondo, Noel, etc...).

If Rick can grow to trust him, WCS might make a difference.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #59
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

In all fairness to WCS I've never read or heard any rumors of him being a trouble maker or knucklehead

He's been a starter for most of his last 2 years in the league and from what I've read he's gotten better defensively each year.

Offensively I don't think he's powell or Brandon Wright efficient wise but defensively and rebounding he's a better version than both of them

Not sure if he's a legit starter on contending team but that's being nit picky. He should be a solid rotation big if given the opportunity to play.

That's my biggest concern is was he added to legitimately play in the rotation or just to have someone here in case you need him?
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #60
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

That's my biggest concern is was he added to legitimately play in the rotation or just to have someone here in case you need him?
Obviously, none of us know for sure, but my initial thought was that they found someone they hoped could fit exactly into the void left by Powell. Maybe he won't play quite as many minutes, but I feel like they're hoping he can start so Carlisle can keep the others (mainly Kleber) in the carefully chosen rotation spots he has carved out for them.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #61
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

I like the move, especially since we only gave up a pick in the 50 to 60 range.

According to warriors fans, WCS has played better as of late. Hopefully being on a winning team for the first time in his career will bring out the best in him.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #62
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I like it.

They did something really quickly, and it has a strong chance of replacing what they lost in Powell, which I believe is more significant than many others think. The dangerous roll threat is so vital to create the proper geometry for Luka and the shooters in this spread pick and roll offense, and it's pretty clear WCS is one of the better options in the league to play that role. I haven't studied the numbers much, but he seems to have potential as a rebounder and a week side shot blocker as well.

The risk is minimal. If it works, they get him for cheap this year and possibly next, making it easier to dump Powell's contract to prepare for summer 2021. Well, easier in terms of not losing what Powell brings, anyway. I would imagine his injury makes it significantly more difficult to move him.

If it doesn't work, they've basically lost nothing.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #63
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

P.S. The Athletic states that WCS has been one of the best rim defenders by opponent FG% this season. I personally think WCS will look better next to Kleber than Porzingis, but I’m excited to see the fit with both.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, WCS is a better defending Powell. That could be big if it works out because Powell's lack of help D hurt the team.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #65
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Honestly, the more I think about this, the more I like it.

They did something really quickly, and it has a strong chance of replacing what they lost in Powell, which I believe is more significant than many others think. The dangerous roll threat is so vital to create the proper geometry for Luka and the shooters in this spread pick and roll offense, and it's pretty clear WCS is one of the better options in the league to play that role. I haven't studied the numbers much, but he seems to have potential as a rebounder and a week side shot blocker as well.

The risk is minimal. If it works, they get him for cheap this year and possibly next, making it easier to dump Powell's contract to prepare for summer 2021. Well, easier in terms of not losing what Powell brings, anyway. I would imagine his injury makes it significantly more difficult to move him.

If it doesn't work, they've basically lost nothing.
I agree completely. Hard to believe the Mavs were able to "replace" Powell and lose no one from their regular rotations or young core. It's kind of remarkable.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #66
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Who should the Mavs go after next Danilo Gallinari or Andre Iguodala?
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #67
purplefrog
Platinum Member

It is also hard to believe that:
  1. The Warriors are willing to move WCS and
  2. They could not find a better deal

Maybe they were just wanting to clear salary and since they hate the Lakers, Clippers, and Rockets, they figured "let's try to help the Mavs" (I don't really know they hate the Lakers, Clippers, and Rockets, but I assume everyone outside of LA and Houston probably does. I mean how can you not, right?).
Old 01-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #68
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to purplefrog again.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #69
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree completely. Hard to believe the Mavs were able to "replace" Powell and lose no one from their regular rotations or young core. It's kind of remarkable.

Totally agree. It's not a direct 1 for 1 replacement but it's pretty damn close considering how quickly they were able to get it done and for how little they gave up. It's especially impressive after hearing from some posters all offseason about how the Mavs couldn't make any trades because they don't have any assets. We lost an asset in Powell and STILL made a trade! Three cheers for the FO! (well, maybe 2 and half cheers)
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 AM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well Roby was just a bad pick who was never going to get minutes. He didn't look very good in the summer league and hasn't done jack in the G league. Mavs could have just drafted Gafford who is another Powell clone.

I'm happy we got WCS, but I just hope we're not going back to crapping picks down the drain again because it's rather puzzling to understand what they saw in Roby.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #71
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Robert Covington.

Rumor is that the Mavs have already made at least one offer that was turned down.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #72
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Depends on what they have to give up for each. And whether they see either or both as rentals or long term
Old 01-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #73
OldWhiteGuy

I wonder about that hot start at Portland. I've always been a fan of Powell, but it was amazing what happened when the Mavs put another shooter in the starting lineup. I don't know if that was a fluke or a sign that KP ought to be in the middle with Curry starting. I'd like to see it a few more times to find out.

Either way, it's good to have a replacement for Powell. Without looking at the defensive statistics, it appears that WCS is a better defender, at least in terms of blocks.

He's not as good as a roll man. Powell is 1.35 pts/possession while WCS is 1.15, but that could get better as a Maverick. He probably hasn't played with ball handlers as good as he will here.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #74
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really niceLukaThaDon is just really nice

Quote:
Why would OKC give up Gallinari for the poopoo platter we have to offer when they're currently sitting in a playoff spot?
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #75
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
You do realize that OKC might be better than us right?
Old 01-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #76
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
First off this is a solid pickup for the mavs especially for peanuts

2nd of all WCS is a terrific roll man and does a good job contesting shots at the rim

Yes he has struggled finding his way on poor teams that lacked veteran leadership

The warriors actually felt like he would be a good rotation big with Looney and they clearly expected to still make the playoffs prior to Steph getting hurt

Dude is a lot similar to a younger New Orleans Ty Chandler clone

Now I believe if RC can keep him engaged doing games this guy can be a solid 18 mpg center for us who can also defend out in space

But i have zero confidence that he will buy in if gets consistent DNP'S like Noel or McGee did in Dallas

Both of those players have gone on to be solid key rotation players elsewhere only because they are being allowed to play consistent minutes every night

WCS can help this team but he sits on the bench consistently and doesn't get to play this move is going to be worthless.

Also for those making comments about his tats I think that is so damn pretty
My only worry is same as you. Heís always struggled with hustle the anti Powell in that dept. I think heíll butt heads with RC then doghouse then thatíll be it. He has potential ala Noel and McGee but we know how that went in Dallas. Anyone mentioning tattoos is full boomer mode.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #77
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
My only worry is same as you. Heís always struggled with hustle the anti Powell in that dept. I think heíll butt heads with RC then doghouse then thatíll be it. He has potential ala Noel and McGee but we know how that went in Dallas. Anyone mentioning tattoos is full boomer mode.
People still say Boomer lol? That's lamer than sick ass face tats

Old 01-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #78
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
It's not a direct 1 for 1 replacement but it's pretty damn close considering how quickly they were able to get it done and for how little they gave up.
Honestly, I think we lost a bit in offense, but gained plenty in defense and rebounding -- which is exactly what we needed even before Powell got injured... I don't want to call this a "blessing in disguise" because you never want to see these kinds of changes as the result of an injury, but I feel like our team is going to be a little more balanced now (kinda reminds me of when Desean Stevenson replaced Caron Butler before our championship run).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Rick has no choice but to play WCS if KP doesn't want to play center. The DNPs go to poor Boban...
Old 01-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #80
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDon View Post
Why would OKC give up Gallinari for the poopoo platter we have to offer when they're currently sitting in a playoff spot?
To be fair his name has been mentioned in trade rumors. Agree that we donít have anything OKC might want for him though.

Danilo Gallinari stands out as an option. Multiple playoff teams have expressed interest in the Thunder forward, including the Mavericks and Sixers, according to league sources. Gallinari is a potent scorer everywhere on the court, in any play typeówhether heís posting up, isolating, or in the pick-and-roll as a screener or ball handler. Though Gallinari, 31, has never been an All-Star, heís played like one this season in Oklahoma City and last season with the Clippers. Gallinari can become an unrestricted free agent this summer, but few teams will have cap space, and most of them will be younger teams unlikely to pursue players in their 30s. 2 days ago Ė via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
size queen