Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Still looking for what people see in Doncic being a top 5 pick
averaging 21-7-4 for Real Madrid in a very competitive league
Dude has a crazy jumper with range. He's shooting almost 50-40-90 in a tough league. Dude can shoot from anywhere
He's smooth and does a little of everything. Reminds me a lot of Klay Thompson with better rebounding. Just so skilled and crafty.
He's got excellent size. At 6'7" or 6"8" he can play the 2 or 3.

About the only thing he lacks is lateral movement for defense. He's got an incredibly high IQ for being so young and plays team defense well, but his individual defense is limited. His size will help and team defense is better than individual. Also there aren't that many SGs/SFs that are incredibly athletic anymore. LeBrons are the exception. The average team has a Gay, George, Anthony, etc-- crafty players but none are pure athleticism.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-13-2017 at 05:03 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still looking for what people see in Doncic being a top 5 pick
Quick observations: He's dominating grown men. At 18. He's a leader. Steps up in big moments. Outstanding court vision and handles at 6'7. Uses both hands. Already strong. Nose for rebounds. Uses different release points to make up for lack of elite athleticism. Plays with passion and flair but smart and in control.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-13-2017 at 05:12 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Erica beat me to it

I like the Klay comparison, only add Rubio's court vision.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #44
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

This is a five-person draft IMO... there's a big drop to the second tier of players (M. Bridges, R. Williams, J. Jackson Jr.) who are actually pretty talented (which speaks volumes about the top 5).

My 5 is:

1) Porter Jr.
2) Ayton
3) Doncic
4) Bagley
5) Bamba

but I'm sure that will change later this season.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #45
walter

walter is a jewel in the roughwalter is a jewel in the roughwalter is a jewel in the roughwalter is a jewel in the roughwalter is a jewel in the rough

I'd say Ayton is probably the best pick for us team building-wise, but I see Doncic as the the best fit with RC. Doncic is an incredibly skilled, multi-positional threat that can shoot, handle, and pass the ball. He's the perfect player for Carlisle's flow offense. That said, my pick is Ayton as he just looks like he's going to be dominant.
walter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #46
Scoobay

Scoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
This is a five-person draft IMO... there's a big drop to the second tier of players (M. Bridges, R. Williams, J. Jackson Jr.) who are actually pretty talented (which speaks volumes about the top 5).

My 5 is:

1) Porter Jr.
2) Ayton
3) Doncic
4) Bagley
5) Bamba

but I'm sure that will change later this season.
i know it's early but am wondering the comps for Porter.
There's that cool video of him and DSJ from a few years ago going 1v1.
Is he a Durant starter kit type? he's listed at #1 in many mocks.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #47
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
DSJ/Ayton is a cheap, young, high-upside core that addresses the two most difficult/important positions to fill in this league... And they both play their position the *right* way, which would make it a lot easier to build around them (unlike trying to build around an oddity like Dirk, which took a very special blend to get right).

I'm fine with keeping Barnes as our eventual Robin, love Yogi as a spark off the bench, wouldn't mind Mejri sticking around as our backup center, and want to see what we have in Curry, as well as younger guys like Kleber, DFS, Motely, Clavell, etc.

Obviously, Dirk/Barea/Harris aren't in the longterm plans, but all three have been excellent player-coaches this season, so I'm fine with them sticking around year-to-year on the cheap until our younger guys blossom -- just not at the expense of upside youth. I have a feeling Dirk retires after this year anyway. I could see Devin getting re-signed if Curry walks and Rick thinks he'll be of value to Smith Jr.'s development, otherwise we let him move on. Same with Barea after next year.

Wes is fine -- he's overpaid, but that doesn't matter right now since we're not really players in the FA market... We'll either trade him or let him walk when he expires. He's not in the longterm plans.

Powell is straight-garbage, and hopefully Rick is just playing him a bunch to try to increase his trade value (which isn't working), but I get the feeling it's more about trying to get him to grow into his paycheck... Easily my least-favorite player to watch on this team, but we're stuck with him for now.

Honestly, I'm fine with trading anyone on this roster aside from Dennis Smith Jr. -- I believe our rebuild plans changed massively when we landed him, and I think a guy like Ayton would be the perfect fit for our current course (although you could make Porter, Doncic, Bamba, etc. work too)... Stack picks, stack assets to trade for picks, build from within, then slaughter the FA market in a couple years when we have a ton of cap space to surround our blossoming talent.

Boom, back in the playoffs. Trust the process.
Literally nothing else to add except "must spread rep". Nice summary going forward.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope these young centers develop to change the center position in the NBA a bit. If you add them to Embiid, then we finally might have something in a position that has been lacking for years.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #49
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Good college game tomorrow night.....Bagley III/Trent Jr. vs. Jackson Jr./Bridges.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-14-2017 at 12:31 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Porter played one game of 2pts, 2 reb and then missed the second game with a hip injury.

Lots can happen this year. Porter staying strong on draft boards but disappointing games combined with injuries could mix things up
Old 11-14-2017, 03:14 AM   #51
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Porter played one game of 2pts, 2 reb and then missed the second game with a hip injury.
2 points and 2 rebounds in only 2 minutes.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra

Last edited by Underdog; 11-14-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
His per 48 is 48pts, 48 rebounds!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bingo. Stud.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #54
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Porter kinda scares me because what I get from reading/hearing about him seems to indicate he is a little soft but isn't necessarily a bad thing at SF I guess.
He does seem like a perfect fit in Rick's system and with DSJ.

If Bagley, Ayton and Doncic are gone when we pick he will probably be a no-brainer but we'll just have to see how this plays out over the next 6 months.

I do think Porter/Ayton could very well become another Durant/Oden situation on draft night.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Porter kinda scares me because what I get from reading/hearing about him seems to indicate he is a little soft but isn't necessarily a bad thing at SF I guess.
He does seem like a perfect fit in Rick's system and with DSJ.

If Bagley, Ayton and Doncic are gone when we pick he will probably be a no-brainer but we'll just have to see how this plays out over the next 6 months.

I do think Porter/Ayton could very well become another Durant/Oden situation on draft night.
Dirk is "soft". Durant is "soft".

Both have rings.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #56
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Both have rings.
Dirk actually earned his the hard way.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Both have rings.
Those two guys are also the best shooting forwards of all time. So, as long as Porter has greatest ever shooting abilities, then yeah, it won't matter.

Soft is an overused term anyway. The only player that I've seen who is unquestionably soft recently is Dwight Powell.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Dirk actually earned his the hard way.
No doubt his was harder earned. The point is that soft is a crap label. Dirk and Durant have championships. For as "tough" as Melo, Westbrook, etc. are-- none have a 'ship.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #59
saclare

saclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud of

Quote:
Math checks out.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #60
rimrocker
Platinum Member

Quote:
No doubt his was harder earned. The point is that soft is a crap label. Dirk and Durant have championships. For as "tough" as Melo, Westbrook, etc. are-- none have a 'ship.
I think it depends on the position and who they have around them. And players can be mentally soft so I don't necessarily see it as a crap label.
As I mentioned, SFs don't necessarily have to be tough because the PGs have the ball more and centers and/or power forwards are normally grinding in the paint and doing the dirty work.

Dirk won that championship with 4 pretty tough dudes as starters. And I see Dirk as one of the most mentally tough guys ever to play the game and he did a lot of the dirty work in his prime so he is a terrible example of someone who is soft imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #61
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #62
Scoobay

Scoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to allScoobay is a name known to all

Quote:
Good college game tomorrow night.....Bagley III/Trent Jr. vs. Jackson Jr./Bridges.
Duke's recruiting is ridiculous year after year.
Duval their pg is also projected as a possible lottery pick.
their next year's class is equally ridiculous with RJ Barrett signing there recently.

Good for Miles Bridges to go back and try to win a championship
He seems like a solid character as well as an amazing talent.
so many one and dones now that it's hard to project how these guys will do in the NBA and many lack the maturity to succeed (like NN)
Old 11-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #63
rimrocker
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Duke's recruiting is ridiculous year after year.
Duval their pg is also projected as a possible lottery pick.
their next year's class is equally ridiculous with RJ Barrett signing there recently.

Good for Miles Bridges to go back and try to win a championship
He seems like a solid character as well as an amazing talent.
so many one and dones now that it's hard to project how these guys will do in the NBA and many lack the maturity to succeed (like NN)
Yeah, Duke's and Kentucky's recruiting is off the charts. I'll be switching back and forth between the Duke/Mich St game and Mavs and then Kansas/Kentucky and Mavs.

Great night for basketball....especially being a Mavs and Jayhawks fan.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-14-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:05 AM   #64
Scoobay

too bad Bagley didn't play much
unable to watch... how did Bridges and Jackson look?

Looks like Grayson Allen played well but can't stand the thought of him on our team... hope he plays well enough for some other team to snatch him up.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #65
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
too bad Bagley didn't play much
unable to watch... how did Bridges and Jackson look?

Looks like Grayson Allen played well but can't stand the thought of him on our team... hope he plays well enough for some other team to snatch him up.
If CP3 was a Clipper still that would be the absolute no brainer pick ever to me. Fits right in with those a holes. Now it just means I'm torn on whether he should be a Clipper, a Rocket, a GSW, or an outside shot at being a new Bowen for the Spurs.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #66
saclare

saclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud of

Yea...I'll be honest and say if he continues to stay clean this season, I wouldn't mind Grayson Allen if he's there at the top of round 2. Too good of a player to let the tripping influence what talent I'd want the Mavs to snatch up. Especially with the SG position in flux for the future. All become moot if Curry is what we hope he can be and re-signs here.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #67
saclare

Bagley took a nasty shot to the eye and they held him out the rest of the way. He looked good for the time he was in.

Jaren Jackson Jr. is someone who can creep up draft boards this season. If he can shoot the 3 ball with any sort of consistency, he adds an element to his game. His shot was awkward at the top, but they were going in and the motion seemed smooth.

Miles Bridges continues to be really good.

Kevin Knox had a good showing against a good team. I think he's a lottery pick, but not confident to say top 10.

Hamidou Diallo is so explosive, but that may be all he has at this point. He needs to develop a shot to open up his game.

Kentucky as a whole was fairly unimpressive. That may be unfair as I'm kind of comparing to their previous squads, but it will be hard for them to advance deep into the tourney, in my opinion.

Kansas will be a really good college squad, but none of their players excite me, if only for 2nd round flyers.

Last edited by saclare; 11-15-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #68
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Jaren Jackson Jr. is someone who can creep up draft boards this season. If he can shoot the 3 ball with any sort of consistency, he adds an element to his game. His shot was awkward at the top, but they were going in and the motion seemed smooth.

Miles Bridges continues to be really good.
These are two of my favorite guys if we somehow end up picking in the 6-10 range... I'd put Jackson Jr. right there at #6.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-15-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #69
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

My trust the process dream:

Draft Deandre Ayton/ BPA in 2nd
Exercise options on Dirk, DFS, and Kleber
Sign Marcus Smart and hope Celtics don't match to avoid luxury tax
Resign Salah, Yogi, Curry
Let Harris, McRoberts, Nerlens, Withey walk

Ayton - Salah
Barnes - Dirk - Powell - Kleber
Wes - DFS
Smart - Curry
Smith - Yogi - JJB

With our second round pick that's 14, fill out the roster with BPA or Clavell.

Last edited by tap2390; 11-15-2017 at 12:37 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #70
Underdog

Quote:

Ayton - Salah
Wes - DFS
Smart - Curry
Smith - Yogi - JJB

Obviously we'll see where things go over the course of the season, but that's not a bad plan at this point.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #71
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

I don't understand the Marcus Smart appeal. Seems he always gets brought up. His offense is somehow a bigger blackhole than Wes. And that's saying something. This season... Idk what historically bad is but 28%fg 27%3pt from a guard has to be bordering on historically bad.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #72
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I don't understand the Marcus Smart appeal. Seems he always gets brought up. His offense is somehow a bigger blackhole than Wes. And that's saying something. This season... Idk what historically bad is but 28%fg 27%3pt from a guard has to be bordering on historically bad.
He seems like a "winning player" whenever I watch, whatever that means. Kind of the way J-Kidd was in his last couple years here. Seems to always come up with a timely deflection, pass, rebound or basket. Interesting read here: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...tate-warriors/
Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #73
rimrocker
Platinum Member

Quote:

Ayton - Salah
Wes - DFS
Smart - Curry
Smith - Yogi - JJB

Not a bad plan for the most part but you kinda lost me on Smart. I honestly see no way he fits this team....would rather have a sharp shooter 3-D guy at SG.
I also think this should be Wes' last year of starting.

We also need to parley some of those players like Noel into draft picks at TDL and then hopefully get active on draft night to move up in the draft.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #74
mac222b
Diamond Member

Jerami Grant may be worth a flyer this summer. He's a UFA. Super athletic, long, strong and a vet but still only 23. Watched every game of his at Syracuse. Nice kid not hyper- competitive, has a tendency to coast. His shooting seems to be down this season but has a good enough looking release. If he ever gets a consistent 3 ball look out. Obvious pedigree. He went 39th overall a few years back. He's exactly the kind of guy MBT should've been targeting, if, you know, they valued that sort of thing. Worth throwing MLE money at?
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #75
rimrocker
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Jerami Grant may be worth a flyer this summer. He's a UFA. Super athletic, long, strong and a vet but still only 23. Watched every game of his at Syracuse. Nice kid not hyper- competitive, has a tendency to coast. His shooting seems to be down this season but has a good enough looking release. If he ever gets a consistent 3 ball look out. Obvious pedigree. He went 39th overall a few years back. He's exactly the kind of guy MBT should've been targeting, if, you know, they valued that sort of thing. Worth throwing MLE money at?
I don't know much about him....sounds like his game is a little similar to DFS's.
I thought he looked pretty good against us a few games ago though.
Kept thinking he was Jerian Grant and wondered how he grew several inches .
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #76
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly dont care WHO we are signing in the FA. I just hope it will be someone on a value contract, so that we have the option to switch him for an expiring + First. Same goes with new contracts for Seth or Yogi.

If you see the Bledsoe trade, no way in hell we are getting for Wes even a ultra late First. Or for Seth on an expiring contract.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #77
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I honestly dont care WHO we are signing in the FA. I just hope it will be someone on a value contract, so that we have the option to switch him for an expiring + First. Same goes with new contracts for Seth or Yogi.

If you see the Bledsoe trade, no way in hell we are getting for Wes even a ultra late First. Or for Seth on an expiring contract.
Nope. They missed the window on dealing both- as per usual. Have they ever sold high?? In Seth's case it was at least understandable. Last draft was super deep with guys that will be contributors for many years. They should've done whatever it took, aside from trading Dirk, to stockpile picks in both rounds. Do they even employ scouts?

Slim chance of Salah and or JJ to a contender for a prospect. Or Wes for Asik type deal where we get additional assets, which MBT would never do.

Last edited by mac222b; Yesterday at 03:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #78
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't know much about him....sounds like his game is a little similar to DFS's.
I thought he looked pretty good against us a few games ago though.
Kept thinking he was Jerian Grant and wondered how he grew several inches .
Haha yeah thats his brother. Harvey Grant's son. He's definitely better and more skilled, stronger and more athletic than DFS , though I can see the resemblance. Has some ball handling, mid-range. At Cuse he had some post up game and could turn and face and either hit the mid range J or drive. Just wasn't consistent about it and played on a team where he was the 3rd or 4th option and would disappear for long stretches. REALLY should've stayed one more year in school to come back and be "the man" and develop his offensive game. Would've gone in the teens most likely too the next year.

Anyway, he might be a good MLE type who is still 4 yrs or so away from hitting his prime and has looked good with increased playing time.
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #79
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Nope. They missed the window on dealing both- as per usual. Have they ever sold high??
Devin Harris for Jason Kidd... Josh Howard for Caron Butler, DeSean Stevenson, and Brendan Haywood.

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #80
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Devin Harris for Jason Kidd... Josh Howard for Caron Butler, DeSean Stevenson, and Brendan Haywood.
Touche

Although I will quibble that they didn't sell HIGH on Josh(no pun intended). The return was great of course. But there were talks of Josh and Devin, etc. for Kobe or some such thing. And it was nearly a decade(!) ago now. God, where has my life gone...

Last edited by mac222b; Yesterday at 04:06 PM.