Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Also, I'm still on board with signing Vuc. I think he'd be a very, very nice addition.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #42
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think i could fix Powell. I'd cane him every time he missed around the basket if he didn't try to finish with a dunk. I bet I could change his softness in less than half a season. :-O
This dehumanizing talk of 'caning' a player (a mixed race player in a league with predominantly African-American players) to bend him to your will really calls for some rehumanizing context of the player, and what he's been through over the last 6 years.

Mother's Death Stunned Stanford's Powell
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #43
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
This dehumanizing talk of 'caning' a player (a mixed race player in a league with predominantly African-American players) to bend him to your will really calls for some rehumanizing context of the player, and what he's been through over the last 6 years.

Mother's Death Stunned Stanford's Powell
For one, race never entered into my mind. I was thinking about the American kid who was sentenced to caning for spraying grafitti on cars in Hong Kong back in the 90's. Caning is something I was familiar with from Asia. Usually whipping is associated with slaves.

My bad. Joke was in poor taste. I get it. Not everything is racist or race related. Caning is a cultural issue not a race issue.

Last edited by turin; 03-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #44
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to behold

Can I just say one more time that Brunson will be great for this time as a reserve but also alongside Luka. I hope he continues to improve next year and gets into double digits in scoring. It’s amazing to me the change we have made this year and how bright our future is now.

Brunson 22
Luka 20
KP 23

and all should be a great fit with each othe.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:20 AM   #45
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For one, race never entered into my mind. I was thinking about the American kid who was sentenced to caning for spraying grafitti on cars in Hong Kong back in the 90's. Caning is something I was familiar with from Asia. Usually whipping is associated with slaves.

My bad. Joke was in poor taste. I get it. Not everything is racist or race related. Caning is a cultural issue not a race issue.
Wasn’t that Singapore?
Old 03-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #46
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Wasn’t that Singapore?
A quick google search shows Hong Kong caning but Singapore judge listed in body of article. <?>

Last edited by turin; 03-10-2019 at 05:28 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...
Old 03-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #48
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A quick google search shows Hong Kong caning but Singapore judge listed in body of article. <?>
“Two examples of the caning of foreigners which received worldwide media scrutiny are the canings in Singapore in 1994 of Michael P. Fay, an American student who had vandalised several automobiles,”

There was a Hong Kong kid that was arrested as an accomplice with this dude.