Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #1081
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
So Donaghy's stance is roughly, "Yeah I bet on games routinely, but I never once used my capacity as an NBA referee to influence the outcomes of the games that I bet on."

Makes perfect sense.
Except he covered the spread in an insane fashion. 88% of bets were won. So high it attracted the attention of organized crime
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #1082
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
So Donaghy's stance is roughly, "Yeah I bet on games routinely, but I never once used my capacity as an NBA referee to influence the outcomes of the games that I bet on."

Makes perfect sense.
"I bet on games and since it's the NBA, it's impossible to tell what was a crooked call and what was a stupid one so they said I was innocent"

Also the NBA pressured the FBI because it was embarrassed by the investigation and the FBI folded under pressure. It was impossible to prove in court that he fixed games, so they backed down. Now Donaghy is saying that he was proven innocent, but anyone who saw him knows that he was crooked. The end of that ESPN report was pretty telling.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-20-2019 at 11:24 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 PM   #1083
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The refs are either terrible at their jobs or they're crooked...or both. Either way, they need a serious overhaul. Can't believe that hasn't happened yet.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #1084
BPo001
Platinum Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Marc Stein: The Mavericks quietly restructured the contract of Coach Rick Carlisle before this season to extend his current deal by one year (through the 2022-23 season) and give him an undisclosed salary increase, league sources say –
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:04 AM   #1085
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Marc Stein: The Mavericks quietly restructured the contract of Coach Rick Carlisle before this season to extend his current deal by one year (through the 2022-23 season) and give him an undisclosed salary increase, league sources say –
No coincidence that he was extended through Luka's contract (or a max FA's)... The rebuild is in his hands.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-14-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote