Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #81
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the new odds, hardcore tanking for the worst record isnt worthy anymore. So many times the Knicks fell from #1 down to #4 or even #5.

Had a few times that four teams jumped up...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2019, 10:02 AM   #82
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 will become famous soon enoughSimon2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
We dont play to lose. We just suck after the trades because we lost five guys and pretty much just got one back for now (THJ).

So its about losing and not getting pissed about it.
Ok. Let me rephrase. It is not 'playing to lose' but 'playing like losing is ok'.

With this mindset, the hungrier team will always win. You can already see that Luka doesn't like losing and he can't do anything about it.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #83
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Ok. Let me rephrase. It is not 'playing to lose' but 'playing like losing is ok'.

With this mindset, the hungrier team will always win. You can already see that Luka doesn't like losing and he can't do anything about it.

1. Make his Free throws.

2. I think Luka is smart enough to see the big picture. Sure losing is frustrating but no KP, Barnes etc... he knows next year is when it starts to count.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #84
Scoobay

Scoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to behold

12 tries
7 top 4
2 Zion, 3 Barrett (2nd pick), 2 Reddish (4th pick)
not bad
may the odds be in our favor
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #85
BigDog63

BigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really nice

I initially thought the tanking idea wouldn't hold any water...too many teams to pass up, and 4 of the 5 bottom positions were pretty locked up, and teams that were a lot worse than the Mavs to start with, BUT..

We just lost to 3 of those teams, 2 in total blowouts.

So now I'm not sure...

are the Mavs really that bad now?
even if they are, can they really drop down into that 5th position...with other teams also tanking hard to get there as well?

Official tankathon tracker

Mavs are currently in 7th position, needing to pass up Memphis and ATL. They are SIX games ahead of ATL. That's going to be hard to do, especially since ATL has zero interest in trying to win themselves. They also need to pass Memphis, and Memphis is a mess (but did just drub the Mavs).

The problem with tanking these days is everybody is doing it.

Did y'all ever play Spades? If so, ever play a game where EVERYONE bids 'null'? It's crazy...and that's what tanking is like these days. You win games you were sure you were going to lose, simply because the other side wanted to lose more than you did. The Mavs really aren't equipped with that mindset.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #86
Scoobay

Scoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
I initially thought the tanking idea wouldn't hold any water...too many teams to pass up, and 4 of the 5 bottom positions were pretty locked up, and teams that were a lot worse than the Mavs to start with, BUT..

We just lost to 3 of those teams, 2 in total blowouts.

So now I'm not sure...

are the Mavs really that bad now?
even if they are, can they really drop down into that 5th position...with other teams also tanking hard to get there as well?

Official tankathon tracker

Mavs are currently in 7th position, needing to pass up Memphis and ATL. They are SIX games ahead of ATL. That's going to be hard to do, especially since ATL has zero interest in trying to win themselves. They also need to pass Memphis, and Memphis is a mess (but did just drub the Mavs).

Did y'all ever play Spades? If so, ever play a game where EVERYONE bids 'null'? It's crazy...and that's what tanking is like these days. You win games you were sure you were going to lose, simply because the other side wanted to lose more than you did. The Mavs really aren't equipped with that mindset.
i'm not too worried about them getting into the bottom 5
over the past couple weeks we've dropped about 3 spots which has doubled our odds of the top 4 and the #1 pick. i'd be happy if memphis overtakes us and we get to #6
that'd bring our top 4 odds up to 37% and Zion odds to 9% which isn't that far off the 14% odds you'd get for being the worst team.

i figure we're good either way - play the young guys - don't wear out Luka - put Powell on display for others to want - and if we tank we get a better shot at a good player. getting a top 4 would help accelerate our rise to the top by getting a good young player or someone we could package for another good player. if we don't get a top 4 pick then our pick conveys and we can move on and worry about the upcoming years.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #87
Scoobay

Quote:

bidding null in solo spades is freakin' hard
much better to do so in cooperation with a partner
good times playing spades...
Old 03-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #88
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually Memphis isnt tanking, they are trying hard.

Why? Because they own a pick to Boston: Top-8 protected this year, Top-6 next year and unprotected (!) in 2021. And that 2021 unprotected pick situation is just a horrible for a team that is beginning the rebuild. They will be bad for at least two years and they dont wanna pick like #6 this year, then again top-6 next year, still suck and then send an unprotected pick to Boston.

Memphis is 3-9 in the last games, all six losses with six points or less (Thunder, Clippers, Spurs....). We play them twice at the end of the season, so i think even with no tanking (aka resting Luka) we have a nice shot at the 6th place. Memphis is probably gunning for the #8 or #9 record so they send the pick to Boston and then they can trade Conley and tear it all down

Last edited by sefant77; 03-08-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #89
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this and thought it was interesting

Since 1980, the top five draft positions have produced All-Stars at least 30% of the time, while just 19% of No. 6 picks have achieved that honor.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:46 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@Rrlewis2: #Mavs are now just 1 game back from Memphis for the 6th best lottery odds.

If they nabbed the 6th spot they would have a 9.0% chance at landing the #1 pick & a 37.2% chance at getting into the top 4.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #91
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@Rrlewis2: #Mavs are now just 1 game back from Memphis for the 6th best lottery odds.

If they nabbed the 6th spot they would have a 9.0% chance at landing the #1 pick & a 37.2% chance at getting into the top 4.
Probably their best hope as of right now......just hope they get into that lottery with the 6th best odds.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:37 AM   #92
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I saw this and thought it was interesting

Since 1980, the top five draft positions have produced All-Stars at least 30% of the time, while just 19% of No. 6 picks have achieved that honor.
The number 5 pick traded for the number 3 pick has produced Luka 100% every time.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #93
endtroducing MASKED

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

So say we get pick 3, 4 or 5...what do we do? Who fits with us? If we’re able to pick Ja Morant, what can we trade the pick for, etc?
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #94
sefant77
Guru

I think they would shop the pick and see what they could get. Wouldnt be surprised if they try to get Jrue in a trade
Old 03-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #95
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
So say we get pick 3, 4 or 5...what do we do? Who fits with us? If we’re able to pick Ja Morant, what can we trade the pick for, etc?
We can't get the 5th pick unless we have the 5th worst record and no outside team jumps into the top 4
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #96
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

All Things Mavs@All_Things_Mavs
After last night, here are the Mavs percentage chances at each pick in the 2019 Draft:
1: 8.3
2: 8.6
3: 8.8
4: 9.1
5: -
6: 8.6
7: 30.7
8: 21.7
9: 4.0
10: 0.2
They have a 34.8% chance of landing in the top four, which they must do to keep their pick.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
All Things Mavs@All_Things_Mavs
After last night, here are the Mavs percentage chances at each pick in the 2019 Draft:
1: 8.3
2: 8.6
3: 8.8
4: 9.1
5: -
6: 8.6
7: 30.7
8: 21.7
9: 4.0
10: 0.2
They have a 34.8% chance of landing in the top four, which they must do to keep their pick.
Thanks for the info..that's exactly what I came here to find out..the Mavs odds of finishing in the top 4..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #98
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm humbled. I didn't think it was even possible to catch the Wizards. I put the odds of passing Memphis as 50/50 and the odds of passing the Wizards at 5% or so.

Now we are tied with the Wizards and the Wizards have the easier schedule remaining.

No real way to get to #5, but sole possession of #6 is about the best we can do and I'm happy with that. About 1 in 3 chance of a pick.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm humbled. I didn't think it was even possible to catch the Wizards. I put the odds of passing Memphis as 50/50 and the odds of passing the Wizards at 5% or so.

Now we are tied with the Wizards and the Wizards have the easier schedule remaining.

No real way to get to #5, but sole possession of #6 is about the best we can do and I'm happy with that. About 1 in 3 chance of a pick.
Finishing in the 6-7 spot gives us decent enough odds at keeping the pick... It also affects how high we pick in the second round, so even if we don't get lucky in the lottery, we'll still gain some value later in the draft.

EDIT: The Tankathon simulator is a huge tease -- Mavs moved up to top-4 in 7/10 tries for me, always picking one of them Duke boys (can't go wrong with Bo or Luke).

Last edited by Underdog; 03-11-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #100
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Finishing in the 6-7 spot gives us decent enough odds at keeping the pick... It also affects how high we pick in the second round, so even if we don't get lucky in the lottery, we'll still gain some value later in the draft.

EDIT: The Tankathon simulator is a huge tease -- Mavs moved up to top-4 in 7/10 tries for me, always picking one of them Duke boys (can't go wrong with Bo or Luke).
Out of 10 tries mine wasn't as good:

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #101
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Out of 10 tries mine wasn't as good:

50% isn't bad when the odds are only 36%... And if we don't move into the top 4, then I'd love to see the pick get bumped down so the Hawks' return is less.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-11-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #102
sefant77
Guru

2 7 7 7 7 3 7 4 8 4

at least 40% but no Zion
Old 03-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #103
endtroducing MASKED

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

I was out last night, and I gotta say, the couple of checks I did on the game were exquisite. First check: Mavs down big, Luka clearly struggling. Second check, Luka starting to play better, Mavs down around 10. Third check, game over, Luka barely misses triple double, Mavs come all the way back and lose by single digits and then the Grizzlies have won as well. Beautiful tanking.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #104
endtroducing MASKED

Wizards win again!
Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #105
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Wizards win again!
Woot! All alone in 6th place
Old 03-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #106
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

If Dirk doesn't miss a game the rest of the season he just needs 3 games with 3 points and the rest with 2 points to pass Wilt. I'd laugh if he played this poorly.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #107
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We are now in exclusive ownership of the 6th worst record.

37.2% of keeping our pick this year (top 4 pick)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-13-2019 at 11:50 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #108
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
If Dirk doesn't miss a game the rest of the season he just needs 3 games with 3 points and the rest with 2 points to pass Wilt. I'd laugh if he played this poorly.
He needs to get the points as early as possible. He could strain a hammy and miss games.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #109
endtroducing MASKED

Hawks may be on a late season run....can we go below them?

Update: officially watching Washington vs. Orlando and Memphis vs. Atlanta on League Pass. I need help

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 03-13-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:07 PM   #110
endtroducing MASKED

Wizards win again!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #111
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If we lose out....I wonder can we catch the Hawks?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #112
endtroducing MASKED

Hawks win (they have 24 wins now), Grizzlies lose (28 wins).
Old 03-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #113
BigDog63

BigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really niceBigDog63 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Probably their best hope as of right now......just hope they get into that lottery with the 6th best odds.
Looking at recent results...overtaking ATL for 5th not out of the question. Which would be ironic as f*$k. :-)
Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 AM   #114
BigDog63

Quote:
I think they would shop the pick and see what they could get. Wouldnt be surprised if they try to get Jrue in a trade
I'm sure they'd listen to offers, but I think they'd be all in on youth. Take the pick, THEN work on filling in around that core--which the Mavs have always been great at doing. it's this drafting thing they're new at.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #115
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Hawks have 5 more losses.

Mavs only have 14 games left
Hawks only have 13 games left

If Hawks go 6-7 and Mavs go 1-13, we'd surpass them or something like that. Gonna be near impossible, but miracles happen.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #116
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I'm sure they'd listen to offers, but I think they'd be all in on youth. Take the pick, THEN work on filling in around that core--which the Mavs have always been great at doing. it's this drafting thing they're new at.
Yeah but looks like this draft is outside Zion meh...no comparison to the 2018 ridiculous top depth of the 2018 draft.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #117
BigDog63

Quote:
Yeah but looks like this draft is outside Zion meh...no comparison to the 2018 ridiculous top depth of the 2018 draft.
True (although you never know how players are going to turn out). So, if someone like Jrue is their best option...go for it!
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #118
BigDog63

Quote:
The problem with that is we're not LA or NY, so the league isn't going to arrange for us to have that first pick.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #119
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
The problem with that is we're not LA or NY, so the league isn't going to arrange for us to have that first pick.
Cleveland is one of the worst cities in the country and they got the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #120
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hawks have 5 more losses.

Mavs only have 14 games left
Hawks only have 13 games left

If Hawks go 6-7 and Mavs go 1-13, we'd surpass them or something like that. Gonna be near impossible, but miracles happen.
Yeah, just like them getting the 3rd pick last year and us dropping to 5th.