Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #1401
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
Kemba Walker will be a top target in free agency for the Lakers after they reached an agreement in principle to trade for Anthony Davis, according to league sources

blaaaaargh
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #1402
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

That trade gets the whole FA situation in motion now.
All of the sudden the Lakers have become extremely attractive.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #1403
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If im Kemba i just sign in LA with a no trade clause.

everyone knows Lebron would trade Kembas ass again if he could trade him for a buddy etc
Old 06-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #1404
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
Kemba Walker will be a top target in free agency for the Lakers after they reached an agreement in principle to trade for Anthony Davis, according to league sources

blaaaaargh
Yeah, we can probably forget about Walker unless Kawhi has interest in the Lakers now.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #1405
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Damn really was hoping for Kemba...solid dude. If Im him, I go straight to LA though. Lebron/AD/Kemba gets you to the WCF barring injury now that GS is out of the picture.

DAngelo?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #1406
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

Atlanta might look to swap their 3 firsts for #4. Damn. What a haul.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #1407
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Damn really was hoping for Kemba...solid dude. If Im him, I go straight to LA though. Lebron/AD/Kemba gets you to the WCF barring injury now that GS is out of the picture.

35y old Lebron with his first major injury and Glass man Davis.

If im Kemba, i sign with the Mavs
Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #1408
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

As if KP isn’t the definition of Glassman....
Old 06-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #1409
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
35y old Lebron with his first major injury and Glass man Davis.

If im Kemba, i sign with the Mavs
The team that is currently at the top of vegas odds to win the title. Interesting.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #1410
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

With AD trade Kemba is off the board as well. There is no good reason for him to pick Dallas over Lakers now.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #1411
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
As if KP isn’t the definition of Glassman....
KP got hurt in this 3rd season.

Davis played 7 seasons, in 2 of them he missed 7 games each. In the other five seasons he missed around 19 of 82 games.

He also pretty much has to go to the lockerroom in every second game.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-15-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #1412
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
With AD trade Kemba is off the board as well. There is no good reason for him to pick Dallas over Lakers now.
I know it isnít sexy, but Kemba was never the best path forward for us. We need to be agile moving forward, let our two centerpieces develop, and compete in the meantime.

Give Luka and KP 2 years together, 100 wins, and some playoff experience, and Dallas will have commanding power in FA for a much better superstar fit than Kemba.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #1413
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Kemba is a super down to earth guy.

I could see him picking us over being the Klutch waterboy in LA...
Old 06-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #1414
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I know it isn’t sexy, but Kemba was never the best path forward for us. We need to be agile moving forward, let our two centerpieces develop, and compete in the meantime.

Give Luka and KP 2 years together, 100 wins, and some playoff experience, and Dallas will have commanding power in FA for a much better superstar fit than Kemba.
Clippers sign Kawhi + x
Lakers sign Kemba or Irving
Kings sign Vuce

And there you have the bloodbath west where Luka and KP is maybe not enough for 50 wins and/or playoffs.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-15-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #1415
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kemba is a super down to earth guy.

I could see him picking us over being the Klutch waterboy in LA...
You can be down to earth and still want to compete for titles when you havent sniffed winning as a 30 year old PG. LOL at constantly hating on Lebron and LA.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #1416
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't overpay 3rd or 4th options as 1st options. I'm liking more and more the idea of value vet guys because it feels like you can pencil in Kemba or Kyrie or maybe Butler or something to LA at this point. Feels like another year we are gonna be at the alter and all the pretty girls will be taken.

Honestly I don't care about the Lebron part of this because win or lose it doesn't change my mind on where he sits all time(3rd to 5th). I just thought Rich Paul AD and Lebron took the tampering a bit too far last year. It happens in the NBA and you can't really stop it. But those articles and shit didn't leak themselves. We all knew AD was LA bound unless the Pels decided to flip him a massive bird and sit him on the bench to the detriment of the team long term.

For the Pels if they can move Lonzo for anything of value I'd call this a huge win. That kid's family is toxic though and he's frankly shown me nothing as a player that I'd want in today's NBA.

The Lakers... Well I don't like Laker fans. I've enjoyed them sucking and being a joke for a while now. I guess they are finally relevant again. Which means the internet just got a whole lot more trollish.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #1417
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
You can be down to earth and still want to compete for titles when you havent sniffed winning as a 30 year old PG. LOL at constantly hating on Lebron and LA.
Im not hating on Lebron, im hating on Lebrons age and ADs health.

During Kembas four contract this is Lebrons age during the playoffs:

Last season Lebron had his first big injury and missed almost 30 games. 35-36 is the age where your legs finally fly off. You saw it with Dirk, Pau, KG etc. Lebron is special but father time is undefeated. He is going to decline...

Davis played seven season in the NBA, in the RS he played this number of games:

So yeah, i dont see the Lakers as clear cut better when it comes to Kemba trying to have some playoff sucess in the four years...

Last edited by sefant77; 06-16-2019 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #1418
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

For the Pels if they can move Lonzo for anything of value I'd call this a huge win. That kid's family is toxic though and he's frankly shown me nothing as a player that I'd want in today's NBA.
One of those LA picks was probably requested by the Pels to take on Ball.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #1419
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I have wanted Brogdon all along and with the way things are shaping up, we should go hard after him. And then perhaps get a forward or center that fits the team if we can’t get Vucevic or somehow trade for Capela.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #1420
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Honestly, I think Los Angeles Lakers have become a huge distraction for players for a lot of reasons. I don't think the current mess ends just because Davis joined the team.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Clippers be the LA team to beat by 2020-2021. Front Offices matter. Coaches matter. The Clippers are better equipped in this area now than the Lakers.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #1421
sefant77
Guru

No one is trading for Lonzo when they can get a high quality Lonzo without a crazy dad attached. That Lonzo is named Rubio.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #1422
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Players matter more than front offices and coaches by like, a huge amount.

Details of the picks New Orleans got:

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25
Old 06-16-2019, 12:01 AM   #1423
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fine with Kemba not coming here even though he was one of the few obtainable big time targets. Fit just isn't there, and I think we'll look back on it knowing that.

Mavs need more assets though and hopefully can still get some big time talent in FA.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:19 AM   #1424
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

It was Kawhi and who else? You need a real team around Luka & KP, no softies, but real bullies.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:47 AM   #1425
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Im not hating on Lebron, im hating on Lebrons age and ADs health.

During Kembas four contract this is Lebrons age during the playoffs:

Last season Lebron had his first big injury and missed almost 30 games. 35-36 is the age where your legs finally fly off. You saw it with Dirk, Pau, KG etc. Lebron is special but father time is undefeated. He is going to decline...

Davis played seven season in the NBA, in the RS he played this number of games:

So yeah, i dont see the Lakers as clear cut better then it comes to Kemba trying to have some playoff sucess in the four years...
Difference is they are proven players. We think we know what we have in Luka/KP, but they havent proven what Bron and AD have. I would definitively say the next two seasons Bron/AD/Kemba would accomplish more than Luka/KP/Kemba. People forget AD is a top 5-6 player because of what happened.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:48 AM   #1426
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I have wanted Brogdon all along and with the way things are shaping up, we should go hard after him. And then perhaps get a forward or center that fits the team if we canít get Vucevic or somehow trade for Capela.
They will match anything that isnt max, and still may do that. Giannis isnt owed yet.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:02 AM   #1427
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

I am ready for the Mavericks to sweep the Lakers next season in both the regular season and the playoffs. Mavs are going to hit it big this offseason!
Old 06-16-2019, 05:28 AM   #1428
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Since I read this on Twitter a lot: When was the last time "no income tax" signed a superstar?
Old 06-16-2019, 05:41 AM   #1429
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Best case scenario (for the Mavs and the NBA) is Kemba stays, Kawhi stays, Klay stays, KD goes East.

But seriously, f*** the Lakers, f*** Lebron, f*** Rich Paul, and f*** the Lakers again. I hope this trade goes down in history like the Nets trade for KG and Pierce.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #1430
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

What are the thoughts around here in DíAngelo Russell?

Admittedly, most of my perspective is shaped by his game in LA. Does his recent spike make sense and translate to other environments? Can he maintain a 37%+ shot from 3 or will he regress back?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #1431
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Fish reports two things

1) bull crap he pulled from his butt

2) leaked info that heís hand fed by the MBT
Lol, Fish... https://twitter.com/BenRogers/status...88154009063425
Old 06-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #1432
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
What are the thoughts around here in DíAngelo Russell?
I feel the same about him as I did Kemba -- we have way too many needs to be throwing a chunk of our cap at another ball-dominant guard... But unlike Kemba, I don't think Russell plays off the ball as well, nor does he maintain the same trade value once our version of the Harden/CP3 experiment fails.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #1433
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I feel the same about him as I did Kemba -- we have way too many needs to be throwing a chunk of our cap at another ball-dominant guard... But unlike Kemba, I don't think Russell plays off the ball as well, nor does he maintain the same trade value once our version of the Harden/CP3 experiment fails.
I agree. He certainly isnít the leader nor as consistent as Kemba.

The upside and difference between the two for me is A. His age and B. His length.

The negative is the danger of him not progressing and/or taking steps back. Can his game translate to our system?
Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #1434
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Regardless of Russell's skill set, I don't think Carlisle is interested in pairing his immaturity with two young players with star potential. Too much risk. (see: Kidd, Mashburn, Jackson)
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:14 AM   #1435
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Interesting development in the Kemba sweepstakes because Lakers most likely won't have a max slot.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #1436
Underdog

Quote:
Interesting development in the Kemba sweepstakes because Lakers most likely won't have a max slot.
A little context for those who donít live on Twitter...

@TylerAtoms: Woj just reported on ESPN since the trade for AD will be processed on July 6th, the Lakers WILL NOT have enough cap space for a max FA on July 1.

@TylerAtoms: Woj said they have about $23.7M in space after the trades are processed. If they waited till July 30 like Lakers wanted to, they wouldíve had $34M.

@AlbertNahmad: If executed 7/6, LAL can get $27.7M cap room if AD waives $4.1M trade bonus; enough for 25% max (e.g. DLo).

If executed after 7/30, LAL can get $32.5M cap room (and AD could keep his bonus); 30% max range (e.g., Kemba, Kawhi, etc).

@TylerAtoms: Bobby Marks on now. Saying Davis IS NOT waiving $4M trade bonus. Lakers OUT of running for Kemba Walker and Kyrie Irving
Old 06-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #1437
sefant77
Guru

I think that was a final power move of the Pelicans to avoid a 3rd star in LA. They are going to look to be back in the playoff race in two years and its a huge difference if 36-37y old Lebron plays there with one or two stars...

And the Lakers picks are going to be better if the Lakers wont grab a 3rd star

Last edited by sefant77; 06-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #1438
Underdog

Quote:
I think that was a final power move of the Pelicans to avoid a 3rd star in LA. They are going to look to be back in the playoff race in two years and its a huge difference if 36-37y old Lebron plays there with one or two stars...
David Griffin is a GM, whereas Rob Pelinka and Rich Paul are two guys pretending to be GMs... Knowing the rules makes a difference.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #1439
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Remember TMac calling out Fish as well? The fact that Ben and Fish both work for 105.3 AND he still calls out Fish says a lot.

The fact that they're arguing over something so dumb means FA needs to come and go already. There is nothing left to discuss. We've murdered every fit and possibility to death.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #1440
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm sure the Lakers could create a max slot if they got a commitment. Don't see this as big news.

Tags
win now