Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #1241
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd do it 100%.
I especially do that if Monk falls to us.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #1242
tap2390

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Curious what some of you think about these trade ideas:

Curry/Mejri to OKC for #21/2018 2nd Rounder/Singler

Wes to Portland for #20/#26/Turner

We would have #9, #20, #21, #26.

I don't do the Curry trade. I think Curry can be a late bloomer and has a chip on his shoulder.

I do the Wes trade in a heartbeat, but no way the Blazers do that.

I think a more realistic scenario is Wes for Kanter/ #21.
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #1243
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I don't do the Curry trade. I think Curry can be a late bloomer and has a chip on his shoulder.

I do the Wes trade in a heartbeat, but no way the Blazers do that.

I think a more realistic scenario is Wes for Kanter/ #21.
Maybe I don't understand the Curry situation correctly but it is my understanding that we could very easily lose him for nothing after next season unless we can find a way to dump either Wes or Powell (assuming we virtually max out Noel) for an expiring which would most likely cost us a valuable asset in the process. If I'm not mistaken there is a limit that we'll be able to offer because we have no rights on him.

I'd love to keep Curry but I hate the thought of losing him for absolutely nothing like what happened with Nash.

I'm not so sure the Blazers wouldn't do that deal but I'd even consider doing the same deal but leaving out #26 to us.

And I'm not so sure OKC wouldn't do that deal even in a deep draft. They are in win-now mode and Curry/Mejri would be solid impactful bench players for them at a very cheap price. They need to build around Westbrook and those two fit right into the age group. And it is my understanding they see Singler as a negative so taking him back would be a plus for them. Maybe just leave out the 2018 2nd rounder but I still think that one has a chance.

Last edited by rimrocker; Yesterday at 10:33 PM.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 AM   #1244
Heezzi

Heezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the rough

Seth had a better FG% than Steph this year.. Let that sink in. No way we let him go.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #1245
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Seth had a better FG% than Steph this year.. Let that sink in. No way we let him go.
Exactly and that is why it will be difficult to resign him next season if he commands big money.
I'm sure the Mavs will want to keep him and desperately attempt to move Powell for an expiring but if they can't trade Powell or Wes for an expiring we could easily lose Curry. The better he plays this season the tougher it will be to resign him. At least that is how I understand the situation.

Fish was pretty articulate at explaining that the other day on the radio.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote