Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #201
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Assuming that the coach is unaware of what you guys notice doesn't seem plausible to me. What does seem plausible is that there are other, less obvious considerations being balanced against the ones fans notice, and that a calculated decision is made, for better or worse.

Since we're not involved behind the scenes, where the preparation, teaching and planning occurs, we simply won't understand everything they do.

The way to judge the team is pretty simple, however: Win/loss record. Since the Mavs' win total has already matched what they accomplished for the entire last season without playing a single post-all star break game, I think it's safe to declare that the majority of what their head coach has done to this point has been successful.
This post is full of obvious. Not wrong, but not much else.

It seems that there is a lot of extremes in some who are defending this situation. More minutes doesn't mean maximum minutes. Rick does puzzling shit doesn't mean Rick sucks and isn't successful. We already won more games than last year defines some success but not all of the success we want or could have. If we are satisfied then why finish the season. Who dare have hopes beyond this, we are ahead of what we thought. Hey it's already a success, anything above here is icing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #202
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Hey it's already a success, anything above here is icing.
This actually IS how I feel, to a certain extent. Of course I want the team to keep going and improving, but there's very little that can happen for the rest of this season to dramatically lower my spirits. I'm here to enjoy the ride, and for the first time in almost a decade, the team is actually headed in the right direction. Way more quickly than could have been reasonably expected, too.

I'm sorry to point out the obvious (because I agree, it is obvious) but I often feel that opinions from certain people here are so extreme and miss so much of the obvious that stuff like what I wrote needs to be out there.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #203
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Maybe some guys need more time than others but I recall THJ playing right away following the trade with NY last year. He must have learned the playbook really quick and he was considered by most mavs favs a backup SG that just so happen to be a starter on the poor Knicks

I really don't see much difference between WCS and THJ in terms of the requirements to get minutes after a trade doing mid season especially since both players were previous starters elsewhere
Why does it matter what Mavs fans think? How could that be even remotely relevant? Maybe THJ is a sponge. Maybe he has more intuition, more background knowledge, or already understood exactly what Carlisle wants from him on the floor. The Mavs were also not trying to make the playoffs at the time, so maybe they just wanted to throw him out there, to see what hes got. They did the same thing with Noel the year they traded for him.

Tags
size queen