Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #1921
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Fun fact I read yesterday regarding the Mavs' extended search for a center:

Since Nerlens Noel turned down that Mavs offer of 4/$70 million, which feels like a long time ago, he has earned a total of $9 million.

What a moron.
Lol
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #1922
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I cannot predict the starting lineup. I just know I want to see Johnson dunk on Morris in a Mavs uniform.
Na i just want that He gives him a death stare and Morris shuts up and walks always
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #1923
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of people comparing WCS to TC over the last few years. I don't see it personally. Unless it's the post injuries TC that was robbed of some of his athleticism. He also isn't near the defender TC was from what I've seen since he's been in the league.

I like him just fine off the bench and I'm glad we signed him back. I just don't get why I keep seeing TC compared to him so much. Similar frame I guess at 7'0+ and 240 but that's really kind of it for me.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #1924
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I see a lot of people comparing WCS to TC over the last few years. I don't see it personally. Unless it's the post injuries TC that was robbed of some of his athleticism. He also isn't near the defender TC was from what I've seen since he's been in the league.

I like him just fine off the bench and I'm glad we signed him back. I just don't get why I keep seeing TC compared to him so much. Similar frame I guess at 7'0+ and 240 but that's really kind of it for me.
So, I'm in the middle on this conversation.

I agree, he's not a good player "if Carlisle would only play him." That's a joke, since he has now been ushered unceremoniously out of more than one good situation for him, including GSW, a great organization who has BADLY needed center help.

But, it's also true that his athletic tools and length are INSANE, which is why he was a lottery pick.

The wrap on WCS has always been that he's delusional - he thinks he's a superstar who needs iso touches at the elbow, and just can't wrap his head around the idea that if he would just embrace being a difference maker as a switchable DEFENDER and apply himself to reaching that goal, he'd have a long and lucrative career in the NBA. The comparison I'd make is JaVale McGee, when the cluelessness is factored in.

Maybe Carlisle can reach him this season. If so, I'll be stoked. If not, I'll literally never worry about WCS again. On to the next.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-22-2020 at 05:03 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #1925
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

It's wild to me that we have players born in 2000 now.

Mavs have 3 players older than 30 if JJ stays on as a player with Boban, James, and J.J. Dwight Powell is the next player to turn 30 on July 20th next year.

The average age for our roster (including all 18 players) is 26.72 as of today or 26.80 when the season begins.

Let's remove J.J. from the equation as I really will be surprised if he takes a spot from someone else. Then the team has an average age of 26.23 when the season begins. I think it'll be tough for the older teams to keep up with these younger guys.

In November 2019 there was an official roster survey in regards to roster age. The youngest roster went to the Suns at 24.49 years. The oldest went to the Rockets at 30.24 years. Last year we were the 4th oldest at 27.40.

I say we're trending in the right direction. Now let's say Hinton doesn't make the cut. Our average age as of 12/22 is 27.11. Still younger.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #1926
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

It's wild to me that we have players born in 2000 now.

Mavs have 3 players older than 30 if JJ stays on as a player with Boban, James, and J.J. Dwight Powell is the next player to turn 30 on July 20th next year.

The average age for our roster (including all 18 players) is 26.72 as of today or 26.80 when the season begins.

Let's remove J.J. from the equation as I really will be surprised if he takes a spot from someone else. Then the team has an average age of 26.23 when the season begins. I think it'll be tough for the older teams to keep up with these younger guys.

In November 2019 there was an official roster survey in regards to roster age. The youngest roster went to the Suns at 24.49 years. The oldest went to the Rockets at 30.24 years. Last year we were the 4th oldest at 27.40.

I say we're trending in the right direction. Now let's say Hinton doesn't make the cut. Our average age as of 12/22 is 27.11. Still younger.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #1927
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Totally agree, Needles.

I'm not a guy who's against trading draft picks, if doing so makes you better. But, my worst fear going into this off-season was that the Mavs wouldn't be honest with themselves about where they are and would use their draft capital on an old, win-now player and then double down on that with the full MLE going to another.

Instead, they added as many exciting, YOUNG, athletic players as possible, improving their defense (and to a lesser extent, addressing the lack of playmaking) in the process. They got younger, BETTER and increased the flexibility of roster building over the next two years significantly. They are much, much better positioned to put a good team together before Luka signs his rookie max extension in the summer of 2022.

IMO, this was the absolute best off-season we could've hoped for.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #1928
KillerLeft

Totally agree, Needles.

I'm not a guy who's against trading draft picks, if doing so makes you better. But, my worst fear going into this off-season was that the Mavs wouldn't be honest with themselves about where they are and would use their draft capital on an old, win-now player and then double down on that with the full MLE going to another.

Instead, they added as many exciting, YOUNG, athletic players as possible, improving their defense (and to a lesser extent, addressing the lack of playmaking) in the process. They got younger, BETTER and increased the flexibility of roster building over the next two years significantly. They are much, much better positioned to put a good team together before Luka signs his rookie max extension in the summer of 2022.

IMO, this was the absolute best off-season we could've hoped for.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #1929
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWSmk8Bs6c
Old 11-22-2020, 06:15 PM   #1930
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

Part of that is when he came out of college he was compared to TC by some.
I agree he hasn't lived up to that comparison.
Dalembert is the perfect comparison that I've heard in the past.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #1931
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Part of that is when he came out of college he was compared to TC by some.
I agree he hasn't lived up to that comparison.
Dalembert is the perfect comparison that I've heard in the past.
Dalembert is another good comp, though even WCS's motor and effort are better than that guy's, lol.

And I agree 100% that WCS's career has been very underwhelming to this point, but to be fair to those hoping he turns a corner, where he is in his career is about the point in Chandler's career where he figured it all out. He looked like a bust for a long time in Chicago, and it was in New Orleans with Chris Paul when he popped again as a relevant player.

Is this a likely outcome for WCS? No, I don't think so. But, it's possible.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #1932
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Exactly why I want him to get minutes over Powell.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #1933
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dalembert is another good comp, though even WCS's motor and effort are better than that guy's, lol.

And I agree 100% that WCS's career has been very underwhelming to this point, but to be fair to those hoping he turns a corner, where he is in his career is about the point in Chandler's career where he figured it all out. He looked like a bust for a long time in Chicago, and it was in New Orleans with Chris Paul when he popped again as a relevant player.

Is this a likely outcome for WCS? No, I don't think so. But, it's possible.
WCS has the skills that can be amplified by a good PG.
I think we have that amplifier
Old 11-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #1934
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
WCS has the skills that can be amplified by a good PG.
I think we have that amplifier
Totally agree. The question with him is what he's got going on between the ears. I'm rooting for him to make this work. If he's still here at the end of the season, contributing for an up and coming playoff team as the entire league watches, he'll get himself PAID. It's a great opportunity for him, and I hope he takes advantage.

It he doesn't, the way his contract is set up makes him a very interesting trade chip at the deadline, and by that point he has already helped you get through the early part of the season when KP is down and Powell's status is unclear.

Win-win for the Mavs, imo.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-22-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #1935
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2RchMCxUv0
Old 11-22-2020, 06:48 PM   #1936
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

WCS has better hands than Dalembert
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:50 PM   #1937
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

WCS almost jumps like a guard, which makes him look so much taller to me than Dirk since Dirk didn't really leave the ground by much. Both are supposedly the same height though. I'm gonna love it when we have both WCS and Dwight Powell playing lob city! Also have the Mavericks ever been this talented at the 5?

I loved Tyson Chandler, and I thought that when we had him with Brendan Haywood we had the best Centers Dallas had ever had. We've had some other good 5s since then, but never do I feel like we had 4 guys like we're going to have this season.

Also they're not the only guys who can play the 5. Guys who won't feel out of place at the 5? Clearly Boban. He'd feel out of place in any other position. Really, the other guys can play 4 of 5. KP, WCS, Dwight, and even Maxi. I look at KP and Maxi as being a 4 first. Anyway, if our young guys play well in the NBA level... this team is DEEP!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:50 PM   #1938
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

WCS almost jumps like a guard, which makes him look so much taller to me than Dirk since Dirk didn't really leave the ground by much. Both are supposedly the same height though. I'm gonna love it when we have both WCS and Dwight Powell playing lob city! Also have the Mavericks ever been this talented at the 5?

I loved Tyson Chandler, and I thought that when we had him with Brendan Haywood we had the best Centers Dallas had ever had. We've had some other good 5s since then, but never do I feel like we had 4 guys like we're going to have this season.

Also they're not the only guys who can play the 5. Guys who won't feel out of place at the 5? Clearly Boban. He'd feel out of place in any other position. Really, the other guys can play 4 of 5. KP, WCS, Dwight, and even Maxi. I look at KP and Maxi as being a 4 first. Anyway, if our young guys play well in the NBA level... this team is DEEP!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #1939
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I like that they brought WCS back. Based off his IG he’s been working his ass off this offseason. I’m hopeful he can earn some minutes and showcase what he has been doing. Also he could give us another enforcer type player. Something we can all agree was sorely missed in the playoffs.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #1940
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I like that they brought WCS back. Based off his IG heís been working his ass off this offseason. Iím hopeful he can earn some minutes and showcase what he has been doing. Also he could give us another enforcer type player. Something we can all agree was sorely missed in the playoffs.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:39 PM   #1941
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I like that they brought WCS back. Based off his IG heís been working his ass off this offseason. Iím hopeful he can earn some minutes and showcase what he has been doing. Also he could give us another enforcer type player. Something we can all agree was sorely missed in the playoffs.
FOR REAL.

WCS, Richardson and Green are all tough players. Robinson and Mace Windu are both not only tough, but those dudes actually LIKE fighting.

Mavs are slowly inching towards a "prison rules" situation.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #1942
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post

Roy Tarpley and James Donaldson played together.

They also had the ability to move Sam Perkins to C.

Donaldson actually made the All Star team in Dallas and that squad went to the WCF but lost to the Lakers in 7 games
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:50 PM   #1943
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Bobby Marks thinks Portland is going to be the 2nd best team out west this year.

Said the defensive upgrades they made is huge.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:50 PM   #1944
Dallas41

Bobby Marks thinks Portland is going to be the 2nd best team out west this year.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #1945
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Roy Tarpley and James Donaldson played together.

They also had the ability to move Sam Perkins to C.

Donaldson actually made the All Star team in Dallas and that squad went to the WCF but lost to the Lakers in 7 games
Yeah. That's like ancient history though, but they were terrific.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:49 PM   #1946
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ESPN fired all their talent.

And they did not fire Marks.

Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #1947
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Welcome Tyler Bey, Josh Green, Nate Hinton, James Johnson, Josh Richardson, Tyrell Terry, and Wes Iwundu. Goodbye Delon Wright, Josh Reaves, Courtney Lee, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Justin Jackson, Seth Curry, and Antonius Cleveland.

It's amazing how little I will miss the guys leaving. Only player I really liked was Seth Curry, and I realize he's a one-dimensional player. The Mavericks are going to be much, much better this year.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #1948
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Welcome Tyler Bey, Josh Green, Nate Hinton, James Johnson, Josh Richardson, Tyrell Terry, and Wes Iwundu. Goodbye Delon Wright, Josh Reaves, Courtney Lee, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Justin Jackson, Seth Curry, and Antonius Cleveland.

It's amazing how little I will miss the guys leaving. Only player I really liked was Seth Curry, and I realize he's a one-dimensional player. The Mavericks are going to be much, much better this year.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #1949
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fun fact I read yesterday regarding the Mavs' extended search for a center:

Since Nerlens Noel turned down that Mavs offer of 4/$70 million, which feels like a long time ago, he has earned a total of $9 million.

What a moron.
I won't call him a moron. If you know your worth you don't just accept anything. Sure he's missing out now but you never know that money may come down the road some other way.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:45 PM   #1950
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

I see it but I was high on Portland last year.

I can see it though if Lillard and McCollum are on. That's what its always been about with them. Can they get both of them on in the playoffs at the same time?

I'd also watch it for them with trades.

They have Nurkic, Kanter and Whiteside at the 5.
They have some youth in Simons and Gary Trent JR.

They have some trade bait.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:46 PM   #1951
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I won't call him a moron. If you know your worth you don't just accept anything. Sure he's missing out now but you never know that money may come down the road some other way.
But, he didn't know his worth. That's the point. Clearly, the Mavericks didn't, either. Glad he saved them from themselves.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:56 PM   #1952
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But, he didn't know his worth. That's the point. Clearly, the Mavericks didn't, either. Glad he saved them from themselves.
Exactly. I was listening to Marc Stein talk about Noel not long ago, and he said two things doomed Noel. Number one- he's a decent-ish player who thinks he's a star. Number two- he basically ignored Carlisle and would "freelance" on offense.

Knowing those two things, it's amazing he got playing time or an offer at all. If there's one thing we know about Carlisle, it's that he does not suffer fools. It's his way or the highway.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-22-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #1953
BPo001
Diamond Member

Ian Begley: The final two years of Austin Rivers’ three-year deal with the Knicks are non-guaranteed, per SNY sources. He has a three-year, $10 million deal, ESPN reports.

Shams Charania: Free agent center Aron Baynes has agreed to a two-year, $14.3M deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. –

Chris Fedor: #Cavs have acquired JaVale McGee and 2026 second-round pick from the Los Angeles Lakers, a source tells @clevelanddotcom

Adrian Wojnarowski: Marc Gasol is finalizing a deal to sign with the Lakers, sources tell me and @Zach Lowe.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota is trading Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans and a future second-round pick to New York for F Ed Davis, sources tell ESPN.

The Portland Trail Blazers have signed free agent forward Derrick Jones Jr., it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey.

Chris Haynes: Free agent center Bismack Biyombo has reached an agreement with the Charlotte Hornets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. –
Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #1954
BPo001
Diamond Member

Ian Begley: The final two years of Austin Riversí three-year deal with the Knicks are non-guaranteed, per SNY sources. He has a three-year, $10 million deal, ESPN reports.

Shams Charania: Free agent center Aron Baynes has agreed to a two-year, $14.3M deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium. Ė

Chris Fedor: #Cavs have acquired JaVale McGee and 2026 second-round pick from the Los Angeles Lakers, a source tells @clevelanddotcom

Adrian Wojnarowski: Marc Gasol is finalizing a deal to sign with the Lakers, sources tell me and @Zach Lowe.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota is trading Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans and a future second-round pick to New York for F Ed Davis, sources tell ESPN.

The Portland Trail Blazers have signed free agent forward Derrick Jones Jr., it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey.

Chris Haynes: Free agent center Bismack Biyombo has reached an agreement with the Charlotte Hornets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Ė
Old 11-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #1955
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Good lord, the Lakers have absolutely murdered this offseason. I would say they deserve credit, but honestly it seems like the usual Lakers exceptionalism, where veteran players will take a discount just to be there, and then other teams just seem to do them favors for some reason. The Schroder-OKC trade gave me Pau-for-Kwame-expiring flashbacks.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #1956
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Good lord, the Lakers have absolutely murdered this offseason. I would say they deserve credit, but honestly it seems like the usual Lakers exceptionalism, where veteran players will take a discount just to be there, and then other teams just seem to do them favors for some reason. The Schroder-OKC trade gave me Pau-for-Kwame-expiring flashbacks.
I personally feel like the Gasol and Harrell signings might help offensively but I feel like neither one of them are rim protectors like Dwight and MCGee.

We shall see but I don't think their defense will be same.

Gasol has slowed down, Matthews is overrated and Harrell can get exposed by bigger matchups.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:27 PM   #1957
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have video of Iwundu "fighting?". I only see one light push on Dwight Howard. That does not qualify

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:37 PM   #1958
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Anyone have video of Iwundu "fighting?". I only see one light push on Dwight Howard. That does not qualify
Nah, that Howard situation is all I saw, too (light push is underselling in, imo), but I've been talking to Orlando fans on other boards. "Tough" is a recurring theme.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-22-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:20 PM   #1959
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Your worth is what you dictate it to be not what the Mavs dictated it to be. He may have regrets. If not now maybe later. Or he may never have them. I'm watching Dak Prescott right now go through the same thing. If you have a number you'd like to play for then you should stick to it.

A little different situation but the rapper Master P went to Interscope Records about a record deal and they offered him 1 million dollars. He didn't take it because he felt he was worth more despite him not having any money. He bet on himself and made over 500 million.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:23 PM   #1960
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I just saw a video of Thanasis Antetokounmpo dunking on Iwundu. I hope he doesn't get posterized like that here in Dallas. I hope there is some truth about his toughness.

The player I am the most excited about is Johnson. You don't mess with him or his teammates.