Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@AlbertNahmad: If Dwight Powell were to opt out, Mavs would have full Bird rights at $14.4M cap hold, which would reduce cap room until he re-signs (at which point it'd be replaced by his first-year salary), signs elsewhere, or is renounced.

@AlbertNahmad: Mavs, if Dwight Powell were to opt out, could retain Kristaps Porzingis and create up to $41M+ cap room (at $109M cap). But room would decrease if they keep Broekhoff ($1.4M) or cap holds of DFS ($1.9M RFA) and Kleber ($1.8M RFA), to $38M+ with all 3, and if they re-sign Powell.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #82
Five-ofan
Diamond Member

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
True, but he joined Luka in Slovenia to work out with him. Don't think you do that unless you're sure to come back.

I'd rather just get Vuc and Beverly and call it a day, but it is what it is.
I have no interest in vuc
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:04 AM   #83
TrevorNoah

TrevorNoah is on a distinguished road

First Playoff Triple Double Partners: Steph Curry w/ 37-12-11 (66% TS) & Draymond Green w/ 18-14-11
The first time two players on the same team have gotten a triple double in a playoff game.

I've calculated Steph's stats subtracting the buzzer beater. With it, it's 64% TS. Anyone know where we can find stats of buzzer beaters taken? Steph apparently missed 50-40-90 in 2017-2018 because he took so many buzzer beaters. I feel this is how we have to look at Curry's stats.

Draymond, McKinnie, and Looney were all ridiculously clutch. Klay didn't shoot well but his defense was top notch.

Also shoutout to the best Leonard in the game, Meyers Leonard w/ 30-12-3 on 89% TS.

Rant: Curry was clearly fouled on the layup at near end of 4th quarter but JVG's explanation is "that's a bang bang play". Lmao. JVG is such a hater it's hilarious.
TrevorNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #84
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorNoah View Post
First Playoff Triple Double Partners: Steph Curry w/ 37-12-11 (66% TS) & Draymond Green w/ 18-14-11
The first time two players on the same team have gotten a triple double in a playoff game.

I've calculated Steph's stats subtracting the buzzer beater. With it, it's 64% TS. Anyone know where we can find stats of buzzer beaters taken? Steph apparently missed 50-40-90 in 2017-2018 because he took so many buzzer beaters. I feel this is how we have to look at Curry's stats.

Draymond, McKinnie, and Looney were all ridiculously clutch. Klay didn't shoot well but his defense was top notch.

Also shoutout to the best Leonard in the game, Meyers Leonard w/ 30-12-3 on 89% TS.

Rant: Curry was clearly fouled on the layup at near end of 4th quarter but JVG's explanation is "that's a bang bang play". Lmao. JVG is such a hater it's hilarious.
But what does this have to do with mavs next years roster?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #85
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dwight Powell to decline $10.2M player option with Mavs
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dwi...213124130.html
This is potentially great news, but I'm still inclined to think the Mavs are going to end up making a bonehead decision and resign Powell to a ridiculous contract and totally waste this gift of an opportunity.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@AlbertNahmad: If Dwight Powell were to opt out, Mavs would have full Bird rights at $14.4M cap hold, which would reduce cap room until he re-signs (at which point it'd be replaced by his first-year salary), signs elsewhere, or is renounced.

@AlbertNahmad: Mavs, if Dwight Powell were to opt out, could retain Kristaps Porzingis and create up to $41M+ cap room (at $109M cap). But room would decrease if they keep Broekhoff ($1.4M) or cap holds of DFS ($1.9M RFA) and Kleber ($1.8M RFA), to $38M+ with all 3, and if they re-sign Powell.
That's a good amount of FA money. I hope they make it count.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #87
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

I'll believe the DP opt-out news when I see it from an official Mav source. I just don't believe it. We couldn't give the guy away in a trade at less than $10m, so there's no way he's worth more now just because his numbers improved due to the fact he was a top option playing extended minutes on a trashed roster that had just traded away 4/5 of its starting rotation.

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...rom-132199998/

Last edited by turin; 05-21-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #88
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I'll believe the DP opt-out news when I see it from an official Mav source. I just don't believe it. We couldn't give the guy away in a trade at less than $10m, so there's no way he's worth more now just because his numbers improved due to that fact he was a top option playing extended minutes on a trashed roster that had just traded away 4/5 of its starting rotation.

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...rom-132199998/
I wasn’t able to listen to it, but they were just talking about DP opting out on ESPN. It was the show with Rachel Nichols. The question was “was it smart for DP to opt out?”
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #89
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was smart. Looks like the Mavs were willing to extent him anyway. Probably they are trying to find early into FA a stupid team throwing big money at him and if they cant find it they come back to the Mavs to sign for 9-10m again...

Would be just interesting if the Mavs have good options to spend the entire cap. Like Kemba signs straight at 6pm and then another quality roleplayer wanna sign with us...just then Powell would maybe look stupid.

But i expect him back...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #90
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Honestly I like the guy but I don't see the point of bringing him back.

If we recruit Vucevic or Cousins (I wish not for both) we don't have enough cap space to give 12m to a bench player.

If we don't, we should recruit a center that complements better KP, i.e. rebounds and defense i.e. Ed Davis or D. Dedmond.

Either way we should focus our Cap Space on a Wing and a Guard to go alongside Luka.
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #91
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
Honestly I like the guy but I don't see the point of bringing him back.

If we recruit Vucevic or Cousins (I wish not for both) we don't have enough cap space to give 12m to a bench player.

If we don't, we should recruit a center that complements better KP, i.e. rebounds and defense i.e. Ed Davis or D. Dedmond.

Either way we should focus our Cap Space on a Wing and a Guard to go alongside Luka.
The Mavs traded away 4 average at best starters to upgrade their starting core but only replaced/upgraded one, along with gaining some cap space in the process.
They need to vastly upgrade a 3rd starter with the cap space they gained so I see the majority of that being spent on a 3rd starter and the other 2 starting positions will be taken by two of Brunson/DFS/Jackson/Powell depending on who we sign.

I don't see this team having 5 legit starters next season but they might have an opportunity to put this team in an extremely good position for following years if they can land someone like Brogdon.

We'll have to pay a premium to pull him away from the Bucks but under the circumstances I think we should go for it.

Powell should not be a priority for this team because he is a role player with very limited upside at this point. We should secure that 3rd option player first and then look at filling voids with role players.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-22-2019 at 08:38 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #92
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
The Mavs traded away 4 average at best starters to upgrade their starting core but only replaced/upgraded one, along with gaining some cap space in the process.
They need to vastly upgrade a 3rd starter with the cap space they gained so I see the majority of that being spent on a 3rd starter and the other 2 starting positions will be taken by two of Brunson/DFS/Jackson/Powell depending on who we sign.

I don't see this team having 5 legit starters next season but they might have an opportunity to put this team in an extremely good position for following years if they can land someone like Brogdon.

We'll have to pay a premium to pull him away from the Bucks but under the circumstances I think we should go for it.

Powell should not be a priority for this team because he is a role player with very limited upside at this point. We should secure that 3rd option player first and then look at filling voids with role players.
I agree. And once you put this big amount of money on a third starter you should use the rest on what’s really missing in the team i.e. rebound and defense i.e. not Dwight Powell. Brogdon + Dedmon + a decent wing at MLE would be a good offseason.
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #93
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I agree. And once you put this big amount of money on a third starter you should use the rest on what’s really missing in the team i.e. rebound and defense i.e. not Dwight Powell. Brogdon + Dedmon + a decent wing at MLE would be a good offseason.
That would be a great off season if Donnie could pull it off.

This team is (or should be) in "core building" mode and I'd vastly overpay for Brogdon to be the third piece.
Putting Powell in a larger role doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

My guess is that Kemba is their guy and they will go all out for him.

I've been hearing some noise for a few weeks that Mavs have interest in Tobias Harris.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sue-76ers-star
Old 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #94
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Fish was on the radio today and floated the idea that the Mavs might trade off the 2nd rounder in order to get rid of Courtney Lee. Supposedly we can get an actual player for that $12m
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #95
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Fish was on the radio today and floated the idea that the Mavs might trade off the 2nd rounder in order to get rid of Courtney Lee. Supposedly we can get an actual player for that $12m
I'm dense. How does that work?
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #96
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I'm dense. How does that work?
Find a team under the cap and trade Lee and the 2nd for the rights to a player that has no realistic chance to make it to the NBA

Thus we get rid of the contract
Old 05-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #97
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Find a team under the cap and trade Lee and the 2nd for the rights to a player that has no realistic chance to make it to the NBA

Thus we get rid of the contract
Thanks. I think it's the part where I try to imagine a team that really wants the 39th pick AND Lee's contract. Why would a team do that? What am I missing?
Old 05-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #98
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks. I think it's the part where I try to imagine a team that really wants the 39th pick AND Lee's contract. Why would a team do that? What am I missing?
They wouldn’t. That’s the exclusive exclusive BS that Fish reports.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #99
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
If your team needs help making the salary floor then you need one-year NBA contracts to maintain your flexibility going forward. Rather than signing the misc junk yourself, you get a team to give you something in order to build your talent base.

It happens once a blue moon but Fish loves it as a plan
Old 05-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #100
JJP

Smile

Quote:

It happens once a blue moon but Fish loves it as a plan
That part I get.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #101
MFFL
Guru

And Fish has laid out his plans to get rid of Lee

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...mba-132165192/
Old 05-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #102
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I unfollowed Fish a while back and my Mavs (and Cowboys) coverage and experience has increased substantially.

You guys are better suited following guys like Bobby Karalla or Tim Cato. Free yourself from "Fish"

For the Cowboys, there's a whole host of guys I'd rather listen to and have more credibility.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #103
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No way we are dumping Lee's 12m for the 37th pick.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #104
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
That would be a great off season if Donnie could pull it off.

This team is (or should be) in "core building" mode and I'd vastly overpay for Brogdon to be the third piece.
Putting Powell in a larger role doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

My guess is that Kemba is their guy and they will go all out for him.

I've been hearing some noise for a few weeks that Mavs have interest in Tobias Harris.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sue-76ers-star
I have to think kebab is the top target. I like Tobias Harris well enough but at 30m? He isn't great at creating his own shot, is a good but not great defender. Not much of a passer. He's like a lesser Middleton. I understand that versatile wings are a super rare commodity and will understand if they go in that direction as opposed to an undersized defensively challenged and older Kemba. But at least Kemba is an elite scorer, like Kyrie.

In the playoffs it really helps to have as many guys as possible that can get a bucket in the half court when the game slows down. Tobias Harris seemed invisible a lot of the time in Philly to me(maybe a function of being a 3rd/4th option)
Old 05-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #105
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I have to think kebab is the top target. I like Tobias Harris well enough but at 30m? He isn't great at creating his own shot, is a good but not great defender. Not much of a passer. He's like a lesser Middleton. I understand that versatile wings are a super rare commodity and will understand if they go in that direction as opposed to an undersized defensively challenged and older Kemba. But at least Kemba is an elite scorer, like Kyrie.

In the playoffs it really helps to have as many guys as possible that can get a bucket in the half court when the game slows down. Tobias Harris seemed invisible a lot of the time in Philly to me(maybe a function of being a 3rd/4th option)
Yeah I don't see much gain (if any) in our starting core by virtually trading Barnes for Harris.
Certainly they will be going after bigger fish than Harris in FA.

I'd certainly take Harris if we strike out on others but he shouldn't be our primary target.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #106
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'd be very disappointed if Tobias Harris is what comes of this FA period.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #107
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I'd be very disappointed if Tobias Harris is what comes of this FA period.
But what if thats the best they can get? Optimally we want to sign guys in FA because it allows us to go over the cap to sign KP to a salary larger than his hold right? Then we can start operating as an over the cap team with a larger MLE. And also 2020 is an underwhelming FA crop.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #108
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
But what if thats the best they can get? Optimally we want to sign guys in FA because it allows us to go over the cap to sign KP to a salary larger than his hold right? Then we can start operating as an over the cap team with a larger MLE. And also 2020 is an underwhelming FA crop.
If Tobias Harris disappoints you, I think you are going to be very disappointed. We're not getting a Kawhi or Durant. Low chances of even a Kemba.

Third tier is where we're heading. I'd personally be thrilled with Harris and a decent center like Davis, Dedmon, etc.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-24-2019 at 12:14 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #109
saclare
Golden Member

How is Harris' defense? I can be persuaded. He's a good player, albeit at a lower tier, but at the price tags I've seen... meh.

Edit: also to his credit, he hasn't had quite the opportunity to grow with one team. I guess you can project that how you want. I still hope he's an above average defender since he'd be going against other top wings.

Last edited by saclare; 05-24-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
How is Harris' defense? I can be persuaded. He's a good player, albeit at a lower tier, but at the price tags I've seen... meh.

Edit: also to his credit, he hasn't had quite the opportunity to grow with one team. I guess you can project that how you want. I still hope he's an above average defender since he'd be going against other top wings.
https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/11/...rs-this-season

Harris has been solid and he's the type of defender who we needed last year. We had no one who could guard big, mobile forwards/centers like Randle and Montrezl Harrell. There are more and more bigs like that who can drive it hard.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #111
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The Sixers ridiculous overpaid for Harris to get his bird rights with the 2021 unprotected Heat pick, they are not letting him go. They will throw the five year max contract at him, specially with some rumours that Butler may walk. They will lock Harris up at 6pm to convince Butler to re-sign too.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:29 PM   #112
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The Sixers ridiculous overpaid for Harris to get his bird rights with the 2021 unprotected Heat pick, they are not letting him go. They will throw the five year max contract at him, specially with some rumours that Butler may walk. They will lock Harris up at 6pm to convince Butler to re-sign too.
Yeah when they had that Heat pick in their back pocket I thought they'd do more with it. I like Tobias Harris' game though. He's one of those guys who's not a star but he's a notch below. Very underrated. He's a solid compliment for a team with Simmons, Butler and Embed on it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #113
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: Barea, a free agent who expects to re-sign with the Mavs, is working out under the supervision of Dallas’ athletic performance and medical staff. He is doing non-contact basketball activity. He said he took 600 shots in an hour last week — off-dribble, PNR, floaters, etc.

@espn_macmahon: Barea has been in touch with former teammate Wesley Matthews, who return from his Achilles tear in less than eight months. Barea hopes to be able to play 10-15 minutes per game for Puerto Rico in what will likely be his last World Cup.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #114
Underdog

Why Mavs fans should be happy Dwight Powell opted in
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/...t-powell-back/
Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #115
turin
Platinum Member

Quote:
Why Mavs fans should be happy Dwight Powell opted in
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/...t-powell-back/
Meh, somebody had to score after the ASB after 4/5 of the season's starting lineup was traded.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #116
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Meh, somebody had to score after the ASB after 4/5 of the season's starting lineup was traded.
Sure, because we had the most potent offense in the league with DSJ at 15ppg, Messley at 13ppg and DAJ gets honorable mention with 11ppg. Idk if there is a more negative take on Powell opting in.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #117
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, somebody had to score..but they didn't have to do it efficiently.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #118
Underdog

There seems to be a lot more money than players all of a sudden, thinking there’s a good chance somebody lures Maxi away with a bigger payday than we’re comfortable offering.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There seems to be a lot more money than players all of a sudden, thinking there’s a good chance somebody lures Maxi away with a bigger payday than we’re comfortable offering.
There will be more than a few players that slip through the major pay day contracts. It'll be interesting to see where the money is at once the 1, 1a, players are off the market.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #120
sefant77
Guru

Contract length is going to be a factor too. I think the Mavs have no problem to overpay Maxi if its a three year contract with a team option at the end.

They are going to be very careful with adding salary for 21-22 that is maybe hard to move (except the potential big player signing like Kemba etc)

Last edited by sefant77; 06-20-2019 at 01:44 PM.