Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 10-23-2001, 08:24 AM

The last week has been very eye opening for everyone where Mike Jordan is concerned. But how many wins will they get? Will the rest of the team step up, and give Mr. Jordan the support that he needs to be successful? How many minutes can he play? How many games, before he gets hurt because of his age? When the team is loosing will Jordons minutes go up? Alot of questions remain with 8 days left till the season starts. All smart money is on MJ to succeed..........

Have a nice day, and thanks for playing
Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
Diamond Member
big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

vCash: 25
Default 10-23-2001, 09:00 AM

I would imagine that MJ at 38 is worth about 20-30 wins for a young team, taking into consideration injuries and other odd factors...

Spare me the suspense.
The big_pth/dallasmavs.net twitter
  (#3) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 10-23-2001, 04:18 PM

42-40
  (#4) Old
giostar is on a distinguished road

Default 10-23-2001, 06:27 PM

I agree, even with Michael, this team is a .500 team at best this year.
  (#5) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

Default 10-23-2001, 07:58 PM

I think they'll still be a bad team. I say 37 wins.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
  (#6) Old
Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Default 10-23-2001, 08:15 PM

The Wizards record will be somewhere 30-34 victories. And I know the East is terrible (on average), but I don't think it's that bad to where the Wizards earn a plyoff spot.
  (#7) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 10-23-2001, 10:21 PM

remember, they are playing in the east...
  (#8) Old
Diamond Member
Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 233
Default 10-24-2001, 04:34 AM

I think they will get 40-45 wins and grab the 8th playoff spot.
What happens from there on will be very interresting (they should lose 0-3 against the Bucks, Raptors or Magic but who knows...).
  (#9) Old
Platinum Member
#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

vCash: 1000
Default 10-25-2001, 06:59 AM

I guess also about 40, but who cares?!
Everyone just wants to see Jordan play.

I still hope they gonna make it to the playoffs, so we can watch MJ having fun killing the opponents, but the wizs won't get far with that neither...
  (#10) Old
jabesly73 is on a distinguished road

Default 11-12-2001, 05:54 PM

39-43 Jordan is great, but not a miracle worker. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

sittin' in da cheap seats
  (#11) Old
Diamond Member
Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Default 12-15-2001, 04:22 PM

They look pretty solid right now, proving most critics wrong.
Too bad Leattner broke his leg, Im not sure they can keep up the .500 pace without him. If they can they have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs in a weak east (will be tough though since they are ahead of some teams right now who should definitely be better, like Philly). Im also not sure if they can keep up with teams like Charlotte, Indiana or Toronto.
  (#12) Old
Golden Member
Flying Tiger is on a distinguished road

Default 12-15-2001, 09:21 PM

No way they make the playoffs.

"Why don't I go eat hay, down by the bay? I can make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?"
  (#13) Old
Diamond Member

Default 12-16-2001, 12:07 AM

Ok "a pretty good shot" may be too optimistic.
But I think they have a chance of sneaking in as 8th seed.
Much depends on how long Leattner will be missing.
  (#14) Old
Diamond Member

Default 12-22-2001, 10:12 PM

Still so sure about it FT?
  (#15) Old
Golden Member
Flying Tiger is on a distinguished road

Default 12-29-2001, 04:07 PM

Not as sure, but they're still a longshot.

"Why don't I go eat hay, down by the bay? I can make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?"
  (#16) Old
Diamond Member
TheKid is on a distinguished road

Default 01-03-2002, 03:34 PM

I didn't think there is anyway in hell this team could be .500 for the season, but they might do it. This I've pretty much picked up, they'll beat the teams they're suppose to, Jordan won't allow them not to. Then they'll probably get a few games they're NOT suppose to win. So NOW I could see them being a .500 team. In the Eastern conference, that gets them in the playoffs.

Ask not what you can do for your country but ask what you can do for THE KID!
  (#17) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

Default 01-04-2002, 10:32 PM

I admit I've underestimated the Jordan legend. The Wizards have a below average team that will overachieve and probably make the playoffs. Amazing.

And I wouldn't want to be the #1 seed in the East. Jordan can take over a playoff series and the first round is only 5 games.