Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Guru
MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
Default 11-16-2001, 09:25 PM

Is it a fluke, the way Minnesota's been playing?

They beat Indiana in double over-time tonight. 120-113.

2 things about the game. Gary Trent had his best game this season, I believe. Here's his line:

28 minutes, 6-8 fg, 3-6ft for 15pts, 12rbs (4off), 2as, 5pf's, 1stl and a block.

The other thing...Indiana really got a nice pick up in Jamaal Tinsley. Whew. Here's his line for the night:

51 minutes, 3-16fg, 6-6ft for 12pts, 9rbs (3off), 15as, fouled out, 6stls, 1to and 5blks. Terrible shooting night, obviously, but look how he filled up the other stats. Amazing.

Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 11-19-2001, 10:03 AM

no Fluke. even though They've played a bunch of eastern creampuffs and western bottom feeders.

8-1 is pretty good though, no matter who you beat.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
  (#3) Old
Diamond Member
Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 233
Default 11-24-2001, 10:35 PM

Minnesota is good,
they beat Orlando, won at Houston and at Milwaukee and they´ve just beaten
San Antonio. They are going to loose some games for sure, but they are better than last year.
  (#4) Old
Administrator
djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 11-24-2001, 10:40 PM

They've got a stretch of games against WC opponents coming up so check back in a month to see whether or not they're a fluke. I just don't understand how a team so similar to last year's (with the addition of Smith being their biggest offseason move) squad can suddenly become so dominant. We'll see.
  (#5) Old
epicfrog is on a distinguished road

Default 11-24-2001, 10:45 PM

Brandon/Wally/Garnett/Smith/Woods

Seems like a decent starting squad to me.

Dirk iz g0d!1!111! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
  (#6) Old
ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

Default 11-25-2001, 02:10 PM

They are looking better and better. 10-2. Makes you wonder what their final record will be.
  (#7) Old
epicfrog is on a distinguished road

Default 11-25-2001, 03:43 PM

10-72!!!

Dirk iz g0d!1!111! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
  (#8) Old
Administrator
djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 11-25-2001, 05:55 PM

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
  (#9) Old
Golden Member
Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-25-2001, 07:24 PM

I'll tell you who the difference-makers are...

HEY MAVINATOR SHUT UR CHEESE AND GO GET UR BUT BUCKNERIZED QUEER!!!
  (#10) Old
Golden Member
Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Default 11-26-2001, 03:07 PM

The T-wolves are my second favorite team and the only other NBA team besides the Mavs that I really give a damn about anymore. Rasho is a big difference for this years team, but I doubt Trent is why they're 10-2. A guy named Szczerbiak is the big difference this year...he has really started to develop..he does so many small things as well as fill it up from the outside. He's the 3rd (soon to be second behind KG) scoring threat that they have been needing. The T-wolves have replaced the Jazz in the pecking order in the midwest. I'm gonna hate rooting against them when/if they play the mavs in the playoffs.

"You can run me, you can starve me, you can beat me, and you can kill me; just don't bore me." -Gunny Highway
  (#11) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

vCash: 25
Default 12-02-2001, 11:30 PM

The T-Wolves are 10-5 after their loss to the Lakers tonight. They've fallen back to earth with a thud. From 9-1 to 10-5, what a difference a couple of weeks makes.
  (#12) Old
Diamond Member
Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 233
Default 12-15-2001, 04:14 PM

Now they are 16-5,
just what I thought, they are for real.
How about Garnett getting 29, 24 and 8 against Sac last night.