Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Administrator
djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 03-19-2001, 08:22 PM

Hawks 108, Lakers 106 FINAL

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

vCash: 25
Default 03-19-2001, 08:24 PM

YEEEHHAAAAAA!!!

Kobe and Shaq done great for my fantasy team too. YYIIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
  (#3) Old
Administrator
djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Default 03-19-2001, 08:26 PM

Looks like Kukoc and Terry took care of business tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How the hell does a team without Mutombo or Ratliff beat Big Daddy and his little b*tch Kobe?!
  (#4) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

Default 03-19-2001, 08:30 PM

Yeah, Kukoc was on my fantasy team tonight too. WOOHOO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

How far are we behind the Lake show now? 2..3 games [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] .

(#5) Old
Patient # 312412

Default 03-19-2001, 08:34 PM

doh, 1 game back of the almighty Lakers now.

Blazers are losing too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

It's a great day to be alive!

(#6) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:35 PM

2.5? Something like that. Funny how in just a matter of days, the Mavs' current playoff matchup changed from Utah to Portland to Sactown to LA!
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:35 PM

Lakers are 45-22..Mavs are 43-23. Doesn't that make it 2.5 games?
  (#8) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:36 PM

I failed math btw.
  (#9) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:37 PM

Ok it's 1.5 games. My bad.
  (#10) Old
Patient # 312412

Default 03-19-2001, 08:38 PM

Was tonight's loss #22 for them(I thought it was #23)? If so then your right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

(#11) Old
Patient # 312412

Default 03-19-2001, 08:39 PM

oh...uuhhh.... I knew it was that all along [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

(#12) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:41 PM

Ok this may sound stupid, but can someone explain to me how to calculate the numbers of gb? I mean, if the Lakers are 45-22 and the Mavs 43-23, how does that come out to 1.5? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
  (#13) Old
Patient # 312412

Default 03-19-2001, 08:45 PM

Ok, this is how you do it.

...............W L PCT GB
1 San Antonio 46 20 .697 -
3 Utah 45 20 .692
4 LA Lakers 45 22 .672 1
2 Sacramento 44 21 .677 1
6 Portland 43 23 .652 3
5 Dallas 43 23 .652 3

Lakers are 1-1/2 games behind SA. We're 3 back of SA. That's a difference of 1.5 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

(#14) Old
Administrator

Default 03-19-2001, 08:48 PM

Ohhh so you base it on the leader..excellent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
  (#15) Old
Platinum Member
Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

vCash: 500
Default 03-19-2001, 11:01 PM

Basically you just take the difference in games won (+ or -) add the difference in games lost (+ or -) and then divide by two.

If you beat a team you are 1 game up on the team. But because you are comparing a bunch of different teams who are all playing each other on moving schedules, you break the effect of that one game in half--the winning team goes up +1/2, the losing team down -1/2.

Most boards use the first place team, but you can use any. The Dallasmavericks.com playoff tracker uses whoever is in eighth place.

Basketball 101: The point of the game is to put the ball through hoop.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
  (#16) Old
dallmav is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 03-20-2001, 08:39 AM

It would be great to see LA fall to the 7th seed.
  (#17) Old
Patient # 312412

Default 03-20-2001, 08:40 AM

Not if we move up to 2nd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .