Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Cool Mav's sign Bass for 2 year's!!!

Mavericks reach tentative deal with power forward
By JEFF CAPLAN
jcaplan@star-telegram.com
Brandon Bass, a 6-foot-8 power forward who didn't stick with the Hornets after two seasons, joined the Mavericks' summer league team and now looks to become the club's first free-agent signing.

The 33rd pick out of LSU in the 2005 draft, Bass has agreed in principle to a two-year contract with the Mavs, his agent Derek Lafayette said Tuesday.

Lafayette, who would not disclose the financial terms of the deal, said the contract should be completed before the end of the week. Bass made $644,209 last season. The Mavs would likely dip into their $1.83 million bi-annual exception to sign Bass.

Bass, 22, is a restricted free agent so the Hornets can match any offer. But because the team did not invite Bass to play on its summer team, Lafayette said he doesn't expect the Hornets to match.

The signing could put Pops Mensah-Bonsu's future with the Mavs in some doubt. The Mavs have until Aug. 31 to release him or extend the 6-9 power forward's contract for next season.

In four games at the Las Vegas Summer League, the 240-pound Bass averaged 14.8 points and 6.2 rebounds. In two games last week at the Rocky Mountain Revue in Salt Lake City, he averaged 10.0 points and 5.0 rebounds.

"One of the assets that he possesses is he has a good work ethic," Lafayette said. "The Mavs gave him an opportunity to play and not worry about making mistakes and that helped him play at a more consistent level."

Mavs president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson was not available for comment.

Bass played just 21 games for the Hornets last season, logging 7.7 minutes and averaging two points and two rebounds.

Also apparently in the Mavs' plans for next season is reserve point guard J.J. Barea.

The Mavs have until August 1 to release him or exercise their option for a second season. Barea played in 33 games as an undrafted rookie and in eight games in the NBDL he averaged 27.2 points and 7.8 assists.

In five games this summer in Las Vegas, Barea averaged 14.4 points on 53.1 percent shooting, 6.2 assists and 3.0 rebounds. In two more games in last week’s Rocky Mountain Revue in Salt Lake City, Barea averaged 16.0 points and 7.0 assists. "My belief is the Mavericks are very pleased with what he did last year and how far he's come this year," Barea's agent Richard Katz said Monday. "I don't think it's going to be an issue."

If Bass and Barea become permanent, two spots would remain on the 15-man roster with unsigned draft picks Nick Fazekas and Reyshawn Terry, plus Mensah-Bonsu in competition.

The club also continues to pursue players in a dwindling free-agent market.

Assuming the Mavs don't use any of their mid-level exception to sign Bass, they would still have the full $5.36 million to spend on one or more free agents.

Potential targets remain Chris Webber (Detroit), James Posey (Miami), P.J. Brown (Chicago), Eddie Jones (Miami) and possibly Matt Barnes (Golden State) and Mickael Pietrus (Golden State).

Jeff Caplan, 817-390-7760

Looks like Pop's days with the mav's are numbered
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

That's about what DJ is making. I hope he proves that he's worth it. It seems like they could have gotten him for less.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

the article didn't say that the Mav's used the whole Biannual exception, just that they "dipped into" it.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Eman

I still think we may trade someone (buckner/terry/Croshere) and might add someone like Pietrus or Weber.

The roster is not finished-----in my opinion
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Interesting. There will be a new face on this Mavs team next year!!!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I'm also pleased if it means Pops is gone. I don't know why so many had a stiffy for that guy, but I just saw an out of control player that couldn't hold a rebound or provide any offense other than the dunk-charge combo.

Happier with Bass at the end of the bench.

Last edited by jacktruth; 07-24-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
That's about what DJ is making. I hope he proves that he's worth it. It seems like they could have gotten him for less.
its likely that his first year will be not much more than $770,610 which is the minimum for a guy with two years in the league. DJ earns more than double that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-24-2007 at 03:43 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Good.. this guy is almost as good as big baby glen davis... oh wait we could have drafted him but instead went with the white stiff
Old 07-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

with Bass likely coming on board:

Diop/Damp/DJ
Dirk/Bass/____
George/Buck/_____
J-Ho/Stack/Ager
Devin/Jet/JJB

That's how its looking right now with 2 spots open for Fazekas and Terry.
Seibutis is going to be overseas, but they'll still have his rights, but he's
not really a factor in this case for the coming year and the 15-man roster.
You also have the news of Detroit likely not retaining Webber, and he said
it was either Dallas or Detroit, so it's just Dallas. I don't think Dallas
will pass up on him. So that's one spot gone.

I think you've really got to pull a trigger on a deal to free up 2-3 spots.
The people that look likely to go are (in order): Pops, Buck, DJ, Ager.

If you could do a deal to get it to like this:
Diop/Damp/Webber
Dirk/Webber/Bass
J-Ho/George/Terry
____/Stack/Jet, Terry or Ager (whoever stays out of the two)
Devin/Jet/JJB

with the open 2-guard spot being Pietrus or Barnes, I think you've made subtle
but reasonable changes to your rotation and you're still ready to go.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Caplan is the only local writer worth reading at the moment. Pretty lame offseason still.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I love this signing. I don't think he's the Mavs' savior or anything, but I think he'll make a capable backup.

Barring a trade where we send away more players than we receive, Pops is done as a Mav. JJB makes the roster, and I'm pretty sure R.Terry & Fazekas do too. That would put us at 15. Somebody else would have to go if we signed a FA.

I think Webber works on a lot of levels. Gives us depth at the 4 & 5 which we somewhat lack now--only one player on the entire roster who gives you any offense from the 4 or 5. Also makes DJ (even more) expendable. Wonder if Detroit would have any interest in Pops & DJ--perhaps we can pull off an S&T with those guys, to clear roster space, save the MLE just-in-case, and actually save some money vs. just releasing DJ.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think they might be slightly more inclined to cut DJ. I don't have any real reasoning, just a hunch. It's not too terrible of a hit, but it's still wasted money. But now you have a roster spot free.

I still think they'll make a run and either trade for or sign one of the GS guys. I think they're still gunshy about the tax hit with offering the MLE to someone. It's becoming less likely that Pietrus is an option unless we offer it to him soon. If we don't, he might be GS bound with them getting Posey. That does make Barnes available still, and make him the likely option to get.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #13
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Could trade DJ to a team under the cap (or a team under the LT threshold that has a trade exception) along with $1.8MM cash to cover his salary; then we wouldn't have to pay the LT on him, save the team another $1.8MM vs. just releasing him.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Eracism brother. Eracism...
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

decent signing, nothing to get excited about
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly anything to even post about, it's so uneventful. He'll either be in Ft. Worth or ride the bench all year I expect.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Eracism brother. Eracism...
???
Old 07-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #18
bobatundi
Golden Member

Are the Hornets still under the cap? Perhaps the Mavs can turn it into a S&T with them. Keeps the Hornets from matching, gives them a player in return for no cost (assuming the Mavs send cash to pay the salary that they'd have had to pay anyway), saves luxury tax dollars for the Mavs, and preserves the LLE (which can't be used in consecutive years if I remember my salary cap FAQ). Hell maybe they even take Buckner off our hands, but I doubt that. DJ seems more likely.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

boring..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #20
bobatundi
Golden Member

everybody whines about wanting something to happen. something happens, and people whine about it being boring. guess i'm just so starved for mavs news that I'm getting myself all fired up about our new 15th man.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

This is what happens when you swing and miss on every decent free agent on the market. You wind up with some dude the Hornets didn't even bother inviting to summer league.

(of course, all this is mute if said Hornets decide to match)
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the above poster have NINE GREEN BOXES???!!!

This is the biggest disgrace on the forum, hands down.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #23
BBJONES

BBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the roughBBJONES is a jewel in the rough

I'm extremely happy to get Bass. Please give him Georges minutes.
BBJONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #24
Dortmund

Georges?? how about crappy crosheres
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #25
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

His nine green boxes are also "mute."

[chuckle]
Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #26
2k Dre

2k Dre is on a distinguished road

i like bass he reminds me of a very poor mans Elton Brand.
2k Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #27
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Wake me up when we make a trade to open some space on this roster...

Pops vs. Bass vs. DJ vs. Ager vs. Fagzikus vs. R Terry vs. Buck vs. Poo Poo

Pick one and move on.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Because the man behind the poster known as DarthApe is a legend on this forum.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moot
Old 07-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Because the man behind the poster known as DarthApe is a legend on this forum.

Well put, by U2. Ape may not be a big fan of Cuban, or of some of the moves the organization has effected over the last few seasons or so, but he sure as heck is a voice well, well worth listening to when it comes to matters of sports-BSery, and he is one of the oldest, most respected posters on this forum...
Old 07-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #31
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Hallelujah! This just might mean no Faze next year. Thank god! But really if we we're going to sign a Big Baby clone shouldn't we have just signed Big Baby himself?
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #32
Dortmund

wtf is the bi-annual exception? MLE, LLE or what??
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

bi-annual is often called the million-dollar exception or the low level exception. It can only be used every other year.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #34
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I hope this is like diop where a team and the league for that matter didn't know what a player he could be.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #35
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like this signing and i am excitted about it. I think he will get time this year and minutes in prime time. Not at the end of the game. I feel if you ever let him in a game, Avery will say he needs some minutes. Another guy we couldn't keep out of the lineup was a guy named Josh Howard. What a gem we found. I am not comparring Bass to Howard but he is a tuff player inside and seems to have a nose for the ball and score in the paint.

Pops i also feel is gone and i hope DJ is. Now let's see who we get next.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #36
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Must spread reputation, etc..

I think this is the 4th or 5th time in the last month that's happened.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This means Pops, and possibly DJ will be gone. I also expect Buck to be traded, and hopefully we will use the MLE wisely.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #38
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:

There actually was once a day when the ape contributed something valuable to the forum. I do miss those days.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #39
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
There actually was once a day when the ape contributed something valuable to the forum. I do miss those days.
Oh sorry...

WoW tHis iS THE bEsT sinning EVER!!!

BranDON BaSs wilL revoLUtionAlizE the leAGUE. thANK goodNESS wE didN'T geT GeRalD wALLace, gRAnT HiLL or sTEve fRANciS! tHosE guYs caN'T contRiButE to anY NBA team.

DaLLas aLwaYS scoRES in fREE agENCY. ItS BeCauSE marK cuBan is the bEST owNER EVer.

---

do I fit in with the commonly held opinion now? Am I contributing?
Do you really visit this forum to read shit like that? I don't know man, in my book, hashing out differences of opinon make chat forums interesting. If everyone thinks the same way, you might as well be talking to yourself.

And don't think that just because you hold an opinion, that you're always right.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #40
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Oh sorry...

WoW tHis iS THE bEsT sinning EVER!!!

BranDON BaSs wilL revoLUtionAlizE the leAGUE. thANK goodNESS wE didN'T geT GeRalD wALLace, gRAnT HiLL or sTEve fRANciS! tHosE guYs caN'T contRiButE to anY NBA team.

DaLLas aLwaYS scoRES in fREE agENCY. ItS BeCauSE marK cuBan is the bEST owNER EVer.

---

do I fit in with the commonly held opinion now? Am I contributing?
Do you really visit this forum to read shit like that? I don't know man, in my book, hashing out differences of opinon make chat forums interesting. If everyone thinks the same way, you might as well be talking to yourself.

And don't think that just because you hold an opinion, that you're always right.
And the ape is back!