Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 05-23-2001, 04:19 PM

thumbs up to vince for going to his graduation ceremony.
he was back in plenty of time, he got plenty of rest. anyone that thinks it affected his game is off base. what's the difference between him playing playstation or graduating. it's not like he would have spent all night studying game film. give the guy a break.
Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

vCash: 25
Default 05-23-2001, 04:36 PM

I totally agree. I think it's absurd all the grief he's been getting from everyone. Isn't that what the NBA's always promoting. An Education. And now he's getting blasted for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
  (#3) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default 05-23-2001, 05:02 PM

it's not like he was using alot of energy. i'm sure he got as much or more rest than just about anyone on the team.
the only thing he missed was a team breakfast, and i'm sure his teammates were ok with it.
if they weren't, don't you think we would have heard form oakley from now about it?
get a break and get a life. get off of carter's back about this. he did the right thing, and he didn't compromise his basketball team either
  (#4) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

Default 05-23-2001, 05:35 PM

If they bash him much more, the newspapers will guarantee that Carter will not return to Toronto after next year.
  (#5) Old
Guru
MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
Default 05-23-2001, 07:13 PM

I applaud Carter for going to his graduation. There is nothing he should be blasted about for it. I think it's great that a player that leaves college early or whatever and goes back to school during the summer to still get his certificate.

He was there in plenty of time for the game and was rested. On NBA Today yesterday, Ric Beucher was saying that it was a distraction for the other players, WTF, how? Your telling me that the other players were distracted by Carter going to his graduation, I don't understand that at all.

(#6) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

Default 05-23-2001, 07:53 PM

Carter made a hard call. He had to know that if Toronto lost that he would be blamed for it. I thought he showed extreme character by going to his graduation.
  (#7) Old
Guru

Default 05-24-2001, 08:34 AM

who the hell is ric beucher and why does he have a job?
fire him.
he's a moron
  (#8) Old
Diamond Member
TheKid is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 05-24-2001, 09:43 AM

That was blown so much more out of proportion than it was. I could see if he was struggling to get back in time before the game, but the man was back FIVE HOURS before the game. The best thing I heard was the only thing he missed with the team was BREAKFAST! Players such as Oakley and Jackson (when he was with the team) skipped breakfast with team before games all the time. That's why it was completely absurd.

Ask not what you can do for your country but ask what you can do for THE KID!
  (#9) Old
Golden Member
Flying Tiger is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 05-24-2001, 11:31 PM

I agree with everyone else. I don't think it effected him at all. Everyone is always looking for a scapegoat and since he didn't score 50 points, he was the easiest target.

"Why don't I go eat hay, down by the bay? I can make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?"