Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

Default 05-26-2001, 07:13 AM

The Lakes absolutely destroyed the Spurs. Shaq and Kobe almost outscored the entire Spurs team. That 0-17 stat for the Spurs looks like it will be 0-18 now.
Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
Golden Member
scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-26-2001, 08:41 AM

Yer what happened to the Spurs? The same Spurs team dominated the same Lakers team two years ago, except for Rice/Anderson, which makes it even weirder.
  (#3) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default 05-26-2001, 09:16 AM

kobe, for one, was very young and wasn't playing near to this level a couple of years ago
  (#4) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

Default 05-26-2001, 07:42 PM

I'm truely impressed by the Lake show. There not just winning games there embarrassing the other teams. How many have they won in a row now, 16 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Complete domination.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
  (#5) Old
Golden Member

Default 05-26-2001, 07:57 PM

I think he 16 game streak makes them vulnerable to cockiness in the finals because they will be expecting no competition. Don't be surprised if they get blown out in the frist game.
  (#6) Old
Guru
MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Default 05-27-2001, 02:22 AM

I hate to see any team get swept unless we're talking the Jazz or Lakers.

I sure hope the Spurs can avoid the sweep but I just don't see it happening unless Shaq sits out. But, I don't think he'll let a little sprained ankle keep him out, not when they can wrap up the series and wait for the east.

Too bad, I thought the Spurs would be playing a little more inspired basketball.

(#7) Old
Golden Member

Default 05-27-2001, 03:51 AM

At least the East team will be very fired up for the Lakers. I predict Scott Williams (Bucks) or Matt Geiger (sixers) will be the designated flagrant fouler in game 1. You heard it here first!
  (#8) Old
giostar is on a distinguished road

Default 05-27-2001, 11:02 AM

God... I cant stand the Lakers...

The Spurs sadden me... they look like Dallas did against another real good defensive team in the playoffs (themselves).
  (#9) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

Default 05-27-2001, 07:19 PM

WOW that was an ass kicking the Lakers gave the Spurs. They beat them like redheaded stepchildren for the whole series. That was one of the most convincing sweeps I have ever seen.
  (#10) Old
Guru
MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Default 05-27-2001, 09:18 PM

Very sad indeed about the Spurs. What happened to the team that beat us? That was a boring series. I know we have no answer for Shaq but surely we couldn't of played worse than the Spurs did.

I know we wouldn't of won the series but I think we could of pulled off a win at home.

(#11) Old
Patient # 312412
LonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of lightLonestarROB is a glorious beacon of light

Default 05-27-2001, 10:55 PM

Average margin of victory in the series. 22.25 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
  (#12) Old
Guru

Default 05-27-2001, 11:25 PM

I know the Lakers are playing good ball right now but I expected better of the Spurs in this series.

(#13) Old
Golden Member
Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-28-2001, 12:41 AM

Yeah baby- Matt Geiger needs to work some of his Vanilla Gorilla magic on the lakers! He knew what to do to Reggie, he knows what to do to kobe...

HEY MAVINATOR SHUT UR CHEESE AND GO GET UR BUT BUCKNERIZED QUEER!!!
  (#14) Old
Golden Member
Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-28-2001, 04:48 PM

Scooter, You and me think exactly alike. The only way Philly or Milwaukee has a chance against the Fakers is if they revert to the old Detroit Piston Bad Boy Days.

Sacramento Kings...The 2002 People's Champion.
  (#15) Old
Golden Member

Default 05-29-2001, 03:30 AM

I found an old Pistons tape the other day. They played rough and tough, but they had some really talented players- Dumars, Isiah, McGuire, Vinnie Johnson, Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman, Kevin Edwards. WOW. That's a good rotation.
  (#16) Old
Diamond Member
Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default 06-07-2001, 06:40 PM

The Vanilla Gorilla was an instrumental part of the Sixers gang stomp of the worthless lakers last night... Geiger would sure look good in blue and black next year...

'There are two potential violators of man's rights: the Criminals and the Government. The great achievement of the United States was to draw a distinction between these two -- by forbidding to the second the legalized versions of the activities of the first...'
  (#17) Old
Golden Member
Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-07-2001, 07:44 PM

Have you got some internet access going again, Evilmav? Good to see you back here!

HEY MAVINATOR SHUT UR CHEESE AND GO GET UR BUT BUCKNERIZED QUEER!!!
  (#18) Old
Diamond Member
TheKid is on a distinguished road

Default 06-08-2001, 09:26 AM

My question is this, obviously the Sixers focused on Kobe and gave him FITS the first game. Will he be able to respond this game? I think he will but it's a lot harder to manufacture points when you have people focusing on you, that's what Kobe's finding out. He'll show me ALOT if he bounces back tonight.

Ask not what you can do for your country but ask what you can do for THE KID!
  (#19) Old
Guru

Default 06-08-2001, 09:55 PM

The Sixers are playing the Lakers really well, Im glad to see it. I sure wish the Sixers could spoil the Lakers hopes to repeat.

I loved it when Kobe shot horribly and had 6 turnovers.

(#20) Old
Golden Member
Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Default 06-08-2001, 10:06 PM

What's all this crap about Kobe being such a great defender?? In the first quarter, Todd MaCollough blew by him for a slam dunk!

Sacramento Kings...The 2002 People's Champion.