Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

(#1) Old
Administrator
djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 06-26-2001, 04:02 PM

How scary would the clips be if this happened?

Marbury could be a Clipper on draft day
ESPN.com news services

The New Jersey Nets have talked to the Clippers about a possible trade that would send Stephon Marbury to Los Angeles for Keyon Dooling and second overall pick in Wednesday's draft, ESPN's David Aldridge reported.

Marbury is coming off one of his best seasons in the NBA in which he averaged 23.9 ppg and led the team in points, assists and steals.

The Nets, who finished a disappointing 26-56 last season, have the No. 7 pick in the first round of the draft.

The Miami Herald reported Tuesday that the Heat are also interested in Marbury, as well as Sonics guard Gary Payton. The newspaper cited and unnamed NBA official.

Marbury has four years left on a six-year, $70.9 million deal. A deal for Marbury probably would involve a third team and require Miami to part with Brian Grant or Eddie Jones, plus additional players, The Herald said.

Source: Marbury could be a Clipper on draft day
Sponsored Links
  (#2) Old
Diamond Member
Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4500
Default 06-26-2001, 04:32 PM

damn, they could easily make the playoffs... that's scary... if they don't have chemistry problems.

but i feel bad for mcinnis if that happens. he was the clips most consistent player last season. he may go elsewhere if that trade goes down (i don't know if he's a FA, but he could be packaged somewhere).

(#3) Old
Diamond Member
TheKid is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500
Default 06-26-2001, 04:33 PM

I sure hope the Clippers don't go messing up the chemistry they have going there. Marbury is very talented but has shown me that he is more out for self than he is winning.

Ask not what you can do for your country but ask what you can do for THE KID!
  (#4) Old
Golden Member
Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-26-2001, 10:04 PM

Marbury has a ton of talent and is an awesome shooter and passer, but he is the greediest player in the NBA. He constantly monopolizes and stagnates the Net offense and freezes potential 20+ player Keith Van Horn out of the game. Whatever team Marbury is on will be entirely subject to the man's whims. Before every game, you've just got to hope that he feels like passing the ball today, 'cause then you have a slight chance of winning...

HEY MAVINATOR SHUT UR CHEESE AND GO GET UR BUT BUCKNERIZED QUEER!!!
  (#5) Old
Diamond Member

Default 06-27-2001, 09:12 AM

That's why he wanted out of Minnesota. He knew he would never be the man there. He figured once he went to NJ, that he would be the man. He decided to take it upon himself that he would be, regardless of what anyone else thought. If he took the same attitude with NJ, that he had to take with Minnesota he would probably be good for the team. They would be probably be good.

(#6) Old
Guru
MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300
Default 06-27-2001, 11:35 AM

If this does go down...and that's an IF...the Clippers will be a scary team.

(#7) Old
Diamond Member

Default 06-27-2001, 11:58 AM

I don't think so, I think Marbury would cause them problems. They have a chemistry there with Miles, Odom and Richardson. They work well with each other, bring in Marbury you KNOW someone is going to lose shots and will these "young" players be able to be mature about it???? I don't think they will.

(#8) Old
Golden Member
Flying Tiger is on a distinguished road

Default 06-27-2001, 02:56 PM

I don't think that the Clips should mess with the team that they have now. If some how all these young guys stay together they will be a team to reckon with for years to come.

"Why don't I go eat hay, down by the bay? I can make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?"
  (#9) Old
Guru
Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 06-27-2001, 03:04 PM

this team won't stay together for years to come..their owner won't pay for the team to stay together...
so, they'll be looking to win in the next 2-3 years..they won't keep their young talent, they'll be the montreal expos of the NBA..always having young talent and losing it
  (#10) Old
Guru
MFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant futureMFFL has a brilliant future

vCash: 25
Default 06-27-2001, 03:40 PM

exactly right murph. The Clippers followed this same pattern in the 90's. They got a load of good young players who developed and the Clips made the playoffs. Within two years the team was torn apart by the owner, who refuses to pay the salaries necessary to keep the team together. The Clips will always get good players becasue they draft so low, and they will always lose them through free agency.
  (#11) Old
Golden Member
Flying Tiger is on a distinguished road

Default 06-27-2001, 03:41 PM

I agree Murph...I just hate to see a promising team fall apart.

"Why don't I go eat hay, down by the bay? I can make things out of clay. I just may. What do you say?"