PDA

View Full Version : Shaq under investigation

LakerMania
09-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Shaq under investigation (http://www.wbrz.com/stories/091102/new_shaqinv.shtml)
Marvin Hurst, WBRZ

East Baton Rouge Colonel Mike Barnett confirms an internal affairs complaint filed against Los Angeles Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal.

Barnett would not give specifics of what happened during the time of the alleged incident. And, the colonel would not talk about the status of the internal investigation.

"It's a longstanding policy of the department not to comment on internal investigations," said Barnett.

However, sources tell WBRZ O'Neal was with deputies for a drug raid within the past two weeks. And, during that raid he reportedly manhandled a suspect by putting his head in a toilet.

Barnett confirms the department received a complaint similar to what WBRZ sources said.

The office of O'Neal's agent and manager Michael Parris had no comment. According to the office,they had no knowledge of the alleged incident; but, they could have comment on Wednesday.

Barnett says the former LSU basketball stand out has expressed interest in joining their ranks as a reserve deputy.

According to the Reserve Forces Bureau with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, O'Neal successfully completed his training. He is currently with the Port of Los Angeles Police. They do harbor patrol.

Julia Nagano, a port spokeswoman, says he is still undergoing training with them. Nagano says he has not done any work for them yet.

-----------------------------------------------

I hope it had been flushed first i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavsFanFinley
09-11-2002, 03:46 PM
<< I hope it had been flushed first >>

Nasty, lol. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Drbio
09-11-2002, 08:39 PM
LOL...at least it was a dunk and not a free throw.

LakerMania
09-12-2002, 02:59 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/09/11/shaq_cleared_ap/

Shaq cleared of wrongdoing in drug raid

Posted: Wednesday September 11, 2002 7:08 PM

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- The East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office says it's cleared Shaquille O'Neal of any wrongdoing when he rode along with deputies during a Sept. 3 drug raid.

WBRZ-TV reported Tuesday that O'Neal was the subject of a complaint filed by a drug suspect.

The television station was told that O'Neal roughed up a suspect.

O'Neal is a commissioned officer in the Los Angeles area and sometimes accompanies local deputies on raids.

Col. Mike Barnett said O'Neal is welcome to join deputies on future drug raids.