View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs 110 Nuggets 124

The day after is always the suckiest day...sigh.

Dirk was Dirk again, he just kept living in the post and was patient with the defense they were throwing at him. He pretty much looked like he had the same mindset or aggression as he did in Game 4. I couldn't tell if it was just a lapse or something but when Bass was in late it seemed like it took Dirk out of the post. I dunno if I was just seeing that, but that seemed to be the case. He gave it his all in this series and he was fantastic.

Josh was having a decent game except those free throws, especially the first 3. You really have to take advantage of the situation. He missed all 3 different ways as well...inexcusable. He was just not able to be a steady factor in the series b/c of injuries but he battled as best as he could.

Jet started and he didn't do much really. Nothing on defense and nothing on offense. There isn't a lot more you can add to that...he was flat out bad. Even since he's been in this funk he has 1-2 shots that go in and you hope that gets him going...still waiting for that to happen. The 2nd half was brutal again...he had about 2-3 wide open 3s that would've really put Dallas over the hump and he clanged every single one. It was a terrible playoff run for him, he never got going.

Kidd got rattled really bad, something about playing in Denver seems to get him rattled. Doubles were collapsing on him and he was reacting way too quickly and was stuck when he tried to jump in the air to pass the ball. Whenever he attacked the lane and he dished it off, he really didn't dish it to a cutter like it should be...he dished it to a guy on the wing. That might work for an home game, but on the road there needs to be someone who can see that and cut in the lane. Major credit for him battling in those last 3 minutes, he took a very ugly bump and he basically hobbled around the court to end it. He was not Kidd-like in this series. He was great in the Spurs series, not in this one...just a rough series.

Damp again...not a factor. Nene didn't punish him but he didn't protect the paint with rebounds. He's been a total dud in the series.

Bass was quiet but he still was a major glue guy tonight. He was really big in the tail end of the 3rd going into the 4th with the hustle and aggression. He was shooting his jumpers with confidence too, pretty solid second half for him.

Dallas had the stud and complimentary pieces are times to stay within reach for the series but it made some critical mistakes didn't have enough horses to break through. They need more weapons. I'm proud of this team...still showed a lot of heart and fight, just didn't have the weapons.