View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #635
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Yeah, but they aren't just impotent on the front line, as our teams have been on occasion over the last several years, and they still have gunners who make seemingly impossible shots seem routine. They look to me like Golden State on steroids.

One thing is for sure: you are going to have to bring your A game, every game, if you are going to beat Denver out of these playoffs. I am nowhere near convinced that LA can do that.
Golden State is a good comparison but I'm still not sold on them. I think they got a great draw (earned) the perfect draw. Take out the four head to head meetings and they had the same record against the rest of the league as we did.

I also don't like the fact that their defense seems to be so dependent on steals and blocks as opposed to making the opponent take a lot of tough shots.

I'll admit that I could be selling the. short. They're certainly not the same team they were 3 or 4 months ago.