View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #473
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Am I the only one that thinks that us picking up Ron Artest is barely a step in the right direction? He seems to basically be the Jason Terry of defense, although he still jacks up countless 3's and, in crunch time, is a ball hog that doesn't seem to have any efficiency whatsoever.

I mean, it seems like we'd just be hurting one end of the floor just to improve the other end. We need offensive efficiency as well as defensive presence, and Ron Artest seems like he'd improve one of those and hurt the other.

I'd rather take the money and go after Raymond Felton than Ron Artest any day of the week. We could still use our trading pieces (Jet, Josh Howard, Gerald Green, Matt Carroll, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean(sp) George, etc, etc) and try to pull some defensive talent (hopefully starting with an athletic center), but also use them to pull an offensive "superstar."

I still think that Rudy Gay or Chris Bosh are our best "options" at the moment, but can definitely see Capt. Jack as being a great option. That being said I don't know if any of the three, outside of Bosh, are even possibilities. I wave my ignorance flag as far as Capt. Jack is concerned because I honestly have no clue how dedicated he really is to his team.. same as Rudy Gay. If either of them are open to being relocated then I think that cuban has to throw everything but the kitchen sink* at their respective team to try and get them.

*Kitchen sink represents Dirk, Bass, Wright, JJ, Hollins, and Kidd (if he re-signs).

Also, I have to say that I'm kind of sad that Josh Howard will more than likely be traded off this season. I think that he was just starting to rebound from his troubles and return to his 05-06 level of play. That being said I completely understand that he's extremely valuable for other teams due to that and his expiring contract. I'd hate to say it but I'd much rather trade Jet than Josh Howard any day of the week. Jet's been a warrior and with him coming off the bench he's been fantastic, but we just need someone more efficient throughout the entire season (which includes playoffs) and he just seems to die after the 82nd game.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote