View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #1636
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I've been re-watching Six Feet Under as its come out on on-demand for the past six months or so (I've probably missed a few eps here and there). There are only six more to go in Season 5. I was a Day 1 P1 of SFU when it first came on and I realize it wasn't everyone cups of tea. But I'll be damned if that wasn't one of the best tv series I've ever watched. I'd forgotten how much I absolutely enjoyed watching the Fishers every Sunday night in all of their dysfunctional glory, not to mention those crazy-ass Chenowiths. I'm so excited for the last 6 episodes to come out in June. The series finale is one of the best ever, IMO.

Just had to give kudos to an old favorite.

Edit: HBO programming just isn't what it used to be. I'll have to say that SFU and The Wire were definitely the best, with The Sopranos falling in right behind them.
SFU ending is what I use to judge other series finales. You couldn't wrap up a show more perfectly.

I honestly think JJ Abrams watched SFU and decided he didn't like the ending so he wanted to do something completely different for Alias by making it as idiotic as possible. I just hope he got over that for Lost. *crosses fingers*