View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #762
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
FYI, LeBron had the 2nd worst plus/minus on the team....

It's not about tearing LeBron down (for me at least). It's about being objective and not hyping the guy up as the greatest player ever. He hits that fluke in Game 2 and he's the most clutch player ever. He lays an egg in the 4th, not a word of criticism. The whole idea that he can do no wrong is what I find the need to correct.
Yeah I saw the first time you mentioned the plus/minus, but I ignored it because it was just as worthless of a stat then as it is now.

He laid an egg in one quarter of his career. You haven't really proven anything other than the fact that Lebron is mortal. I'm sorry but I'm not going to criticize a player that is playing at the level that Lebron is, I don't care what you thought of his fourth quarter. Sure he didn't play great in the 4th, but he still had his team in position to win despite how poorly the team played.

I don't think anyone on this thread said Lebron is the most clutch player ever. We just said that was an incredible shot that had some big implications. Granted, the shot may not look so great if Cleveland can't win the series.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote