View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #417
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I was trying not to go there, I don't want this to turn into a Mavs/Referee conspiracy...but dang, CD got jobbed last night.

I also noticed that for some reason FSN didn't show the Strike Zone tracker as much as they have in other games.

On that note, human error is what it is...I do not believe there is a bias, just simply a bit of an error issue. So why not, use technology to call balls/strikes?

Have umpires use their own judgement for Balls/Strikes as a back-up, but have some type of communication device hooked up to a tracker and let it signal the ump if a pitch is a ball or a strike.

This would create a more consistant strike zone and ultimately remove any individual inclination to call ball/strike for or against any team.

Absolutely.

This will eventually happen and it will be like the other painfully obvious major sports flaws such as:

1)Flipping a coin in O.T. to decide an NFL game. It should be done similar to college football but maybe brought back to the 40 yard line. Both teams get possessions.

2)College football, when a reciever makes a diving catch he is down without contact. That is stupid and in no way trains and prepares the player for the next level.

3) NBA, Some sort of coaches challenge or review on certain calls with less than 4 minutes in games. or 2 mins... whatever

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote