View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #1643
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Don't forget that JET's last year isn't fully guaranteed. Unless Washington is desperate to shed salary, I don't think JET's contract scares them off. If they are in need of larger immediate reductions, and you'd rather use Stack somewhere else, you could always see if they'd be open to expanding the deal to include Thomas and Carroll. That'd save them even more money immediately, and further reduce Dallas' 2010 obligations.

Agreed about Harden.
That's the thing I can't get a feel for with Washington. The fact that they can't seem to stay healthy and they're pretty much in the LT area and they didn't make the playoffs. They're being stubborn and saying we can do this, we just have to stay healthy. They didn't hire some scrub coach, they got a seasoned coach. It's like they're just waiting for everything to break right and have a season like New Orleans two years ago or maybe even Denver this year...the constant injuries go away for one year and you have a pretty darn good run.

Jet is a guy that would fit with the Wizards, if they want him to play the point he can do it and play off of Arenas. If they want Arenas to be the point, Jet can get free. If they really aren't scared of the money and are willing to do it, then I'd be down on 1-2 conditions. I wouldn't mind it if Stack were involved but it's again under the 1-2 conditions. Jet would seem to be the best route because you still have your move you can make somewhere else with Stack.

The conditions are pretty iffy based on the players involved. Rubio or Harden have to be there at 5 for me to be interested in the deal. Harden is really iffy because it seems like his stock is climbing big and that usually means he'll be gone. You don't usually luck out and have the stock climb high and then have the guy slip...at least I don't think so.

Rubio seems even more iffy but his stock actually seems to be slipping. That can either be good or just total spin. People seem to be down on all the drama surrounding his buyout and etc and that he lacks strength and has inconsistent shooting. The on the court assessments seem like spin but the buyout issues seem like they're valid. He probably won't go to Memphis and won't go to OKC so that leaves the Kings but they're apparently saying it's not a done deal that they would take him...I'm not sure why they would say that though, they need a PG.

Back to the point...#5 interests me highly if either of those two guys can slip.