View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #1655
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think people are reading too much into Cuban's recent comments. He hasn't said anything to make me believe he isn't willing to spend money to win. He seems to be saying that he's just not going to be throwing money around for no reason like he has in the past; that if he's going to take on big contracts, then the players we get better be worth it. I have no problem with that.
I agree, he's just being very picky. I think though there is a strong possibility that nothing will meet his demand and we're getting ready for subtle changes for 09 to try to get ready for 2010.

Stack will obviously try to be used to land a bigger fish, even with a longer deal but if that doesn't happen Cuban has to get something out of the contract and not let it rot so he'll go with a middle tier kind of trade to make use of the contract...on top of that, like grndmstr_c mentioned a few pages back: it'll be a target who expires next season. I know that'll piss a lot of people off but I can live with it. It's great to dream big, but if Stack can bring at least 1 piece that makes an positive impact on the rotation then it's a solid move. The move I liked the most was Mike Miller/Cardinal for Stack/Carroll and a one year contract.

Unless the MLE gets you a stud, I think we'll just make a solid 1 year offer to the best guy available who would want to join up with the team.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-16-2009 at 12:53 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote