View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 AM   #1656
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I didn't watch Arizona State play a full game this year but it worries me (or would if we hat the 5th pick) that Harden is both a little undersized and marginally athletic. You can get by without one or the other but I can't think of a star/borderline star 2-guard that doesn't have either. Maybe Ben Gordan but his size makes him a defensive liability.

Based on the highlights I've seen Harden is crafty around the basket. I'd like my top 5 pick to be overpowering.
I'm far from an expert on him, but the little I've seen of Harden he reminds me more of a smaller Pierce than anything else, which is both good and bad. That kind of game is probably more effective when you're a SF than when you're a SG.

On the other side of things, Harden's combine stats actually look better than his rep would suggest. 6'5" in shoes, long arms, 37 inch vertical...