View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #17
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Both Smith and Howard have like 1.2/1 assist to turn over ratios. They're both boneheads, but I think Smith's usage is higher with Atlanta. If his stats in Dallas were anything like in Atlanta, he's going to get you more boards, steals, blocks, and assists, with about the same fg%. I think if he was being set up by Kidd and accepted a second scoring option role behind Dirk (or even third behind Terry) you would probably see his field goal and three point percentages go up.

Also, he's a great off the ball defender, which we need desperately, and I think when he focuses (ie playoffs and 4th quarters) he could be a good on the ball defender for 2's, 3's, and 4's.

One other thing, I wonder how the change of scenery would affect both Joshes. Atlanta is supposed to be one of the big party cities for athletes. I bet Howard would do something stupid there eventually. Smith might show some signs of getting smarter when taken away from temptation and given some veteran leadership for the first time in his career.

If you could get him for anything less than Josh, I'd do it in a second. If it was for Josh straight up, I'd do that too, but it would only be a light upgrade.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote