View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stewartj;1006654]
Quote:
I think if he was being set up by Kidd and accepted a second scoring option role behind Dirk (or even third behind Terry) you would probably see his field goal and three point percentages go up.
Kidd isn't going to do anything for Smiths shooting % any more than Bibby did and I would be afraid if he were our 2nd scoring option. Meaning we wouldn't be very potent at all if he were our 2nd option. He can't really create his own shot very well unless he already has the ball near the paint then he's fine but he isn't going to break down his man and get us points when the game slows down. Kidd bringing the ball down in the half court set wouldn't be tossing it over to Smith like he has JHo to create offense.

Quote:
Also, he's a great off the ball defender, which we need desperately, and I think when he focuses (ie playoffs and 4th quarters) he could be a good on the ball defender for 2's, 3's, and 4's.

Any SG he can guard well is probably coming off some slack teams bench. I don't see him guarding any significant SG.

[QUOTE]If you could get him for anything less than Josh, I'd do it in a second. If it was for Josh straight up, I'd do that too, but it would only be a light upgrade.QUOTE]

Seeing that whoever trades for Smith has to pay him 6 million immediately, I wouldn't look for him to be going anywhere, especially here givin that we already have one of the best PF's in the game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote