View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #1295
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
That's the thing, he won't know who is available. If U2 has 3 players he wants to keep..and it was the rest of the team that was horrendous, he should still get the first pick in the pool since he had the worst record last year.
If U2 has three players he truly wants to keep (and I don't think he does) then he's probably better off than someone that only has one keeper and has to dip into a pool of talent that is severely picked over by everyone locking up their keepers.

I think you're greatly overstating what an advantage this is.

And the flip side would be forcing someone to keep a mediocre keeper when he doesn't even want that player. Keeper leagues are about keeping players you want, not being stuck with terrible, injured rosters into infinity. That's what dynasty leagues are for.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote