View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #82
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The height definitely is an issue. I don't think his speed on offense can be equated to speed on defense. I just have doubts because it's clearly a different level of competition between college ball and the pros. The knock I've heard is he doesn't have a consistent perimeter game. He can get in the lane and create for himself or others, but if you give him space and dare him to shoot...that's where the problem can come in.

I'm not trying to dog on him and say we need to avoid him at all costs, don't get me wrong.

What did you think about the other assessments and who you would like and/or dislike
Terrance Williams seems to be the consensus favorite and he's probably at top of my list too. He doesn't have the upside of the other options but IMO he has one of the highest downsides of any player in the draft. He has good size, he's super athletic and he plays defense. Furthermore his high rate of assists and steals tell me that he has a good feel for the game. Who couldn't use a player like that? The thing that he'll have to do if he hopes to become a starter is learn to knock down the open three. He's the type that will get plenty of of those. Especially if he lands on a good team

All that being said, he's probably off the board at 22.

I've liked Lawson since the beginning. He reminds me of Jameer Nelson, another player that I thought was underrated going into the draft. I just don't think size is that big a deal with PG's. Chris Paul's the best in the league and he's tiny.

Like you said, Teague looks like a Jason Terry starter kit and we already have on of those. I'd be ok with Maynor. Not sure about young, I'm still looking into him.