View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Seems like a fair deal to me.

Miller's scoring fell off quite a bit this year. I don't think he alone was worth the #5 pick in the draft.

Foy's still kind of young but he's been in the league three years. You wouldn't expect him to make a huge leap at this point. He is what he is which is a marginal starter/good backup. Maybe he'll look better on a good team (at least a good offensive team).
Yeah, but Foye was pretty injured his second year (I should know, he rotted on my fantasy bench that year) so last year was his second full year really. And he still put up 16 points a game. He's not a world-beater, but I can't see who Minnesota is going to pick at that point that will have a bigger impact. I don't know, I really don't like a lot of the players that are slotted to go at that point in the draft, especially when you remove the big men, which you have to if you are Minnesota since your two best players are big men.

Maybe Harden is available, if he is then maybe this deal goes up in my opinion, but I really don't see Harden and Rubio still being on the board if teams are smart enough. What's left is a bunch of pretty unproven players, who lack the upside to justify how unproven they are. The only guy out of that bunch I like is Curry, but even with him, what's his upside? Is it that much higher than Foye's? No one is a bigger Curry fan than me, but I can't see his ceiling being much higher.

This is what I don't get.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 06-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote