View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #129
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm just not buying this notion that by missing out on RJ we miss out on Kaman by proxy.
The best we could offer for Kaman without hurting the team would be Stack/Williams. That most probably won't get it done. I guess even Stack/Wright or Stack/Barea wouldn't be enough, and in that case we'd already have given up a rotation player.

The Clippers were apparently interested in trading Kaman for Miller. Why would they be satisfied with players like Williams, Wright, or Barea when they could get much more?

That "much more" would be Howard. I think they would take him in a heartbeat. A good player with a potentially expiring contract. It doesn't get much better than that. We, on the other hand, would compensate the loss of Josh by adding Jefferson. We'd have the full benefit of having Kaman without giving up anything, since Jefferson and Josh are on the same level. It's the combination of both trades.

It's all meaningless now, I know. But that scenario would still have been pretty nice to realize.

Last edited by dalger; 06-24-2009 at 10:13 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote